Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

In-Dash NAV in Eroupe

Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In-Dash NAV in Eroupe

I recently installed an In-dash unit with all the cool stuff(Bluetooth, Reverse cam, ipod, DVD, mp3, NAV......) into my camaro along with the custom doubledmods 2din bezel. Well I recently got orders to Germany. I called kenwood/garmin to see if I could load it with Europe maps. They said NO. I'd rather not get rid of the 2-din set up nor the reverse cam since its already installed and setup. I wanna get a new 2-din head for use in Europe. Must have Reverse cam, Bluetooth, NAV.
What are you guys using over there?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using the BX special, that mounts on the windscreen when needed. IMO, this is the best way to go as you can get rid of it when you PCS back to America. Keep your current set up.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would just pay a few bucks for a dash mount, you'll go back to the states to enjoy your HU in a few years. Most military communities have a bookoo/yard sale website where everyone sells their stuff when they pcs. You can always find a cheap GPS on there.
Or get a cheap garmin off amazon. I got one with US and Europe maps for $100 on there. My neighbor had the newer maps and POI (points of interest) and they uploaded on a mini SD card for me
Old 09-17-2012, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

That really blows on kenwoods part. When my wife and I went to Germany I took my USA spec stick on the windshield garmin and it worked perfectly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In-Dash NAV in Eroupe