Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

TDY at Ramstein tell Nov...whats the best thing to get into???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TDY at Ramstein tell Nov...whats the best thing to get into???

TDY from Aviano, never been here except for short transient plane stops to deploy. Whats some cool stuff around the base to do. If anyone is bored and wants to take me on the Autobahn in there LS car I'll buy gas/lunch!
Old 09-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99WS7
TDY from Aviano, never been here except for short transient plane stops to deploy. Whats some cool stuff around the base to do. If anyone is bored and wants to take me on the Autobahn in there LS car I'll buy gas/lunch!
K-town is pretty cool. Too bad I'm not in Germany... I'm itching to drive my Z28 in autobahn again... Don't forget to check out the Nurburgring.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Go south thats were im from. Been in America for 7 years now. Go down to Munich and further south youll be about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away from alps in italy or switzerland, austria which ever you prefer is all in reasonable driving distance. You can get to Munich in about 4 to 5 hours if you drive fast enough : ).
Old 10-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

I'm only an hour north of you (Wiesbaden). If your patient with me (I'm TDY alot) and stay in touch, I'm sure I can show you a good time on the autobahn and throw in a couple laps on Nurburgring for good measure.
Send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Scott
Old 10-03-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Resident

NnOoSsSs - yeah Id like to hit up Munich but while I'm here, specially with Oktoberfest going...that ones is in the works hopefully. I drive the typical beater BMW 320 here (1996) and its slow as **** on the hwy!

Nurburgring - think I'm hitting K town up this weekend, never heard of Nurburgring but I'll ask my classmates that are station here. Thanks for the info!

HowdyZ_28 - You SIR have a PM!

BTW - Germany from I've seen is nice, I wish I would have got here over Italy.

Quick Reply: TDY at Ramstein tell Nov...whats the best thing to get into???