Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Soldiers chime in....

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Soldiers chime in....

I know in the Marines, we trained for exactly what we were going to do. over and over and over again. This happened local to me and in other major cities. WTF is going on????

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8971311
Old 02-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like normal training. Certain situations trigger a "scare" in people, and we train for that crap sometimes
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 AM
9 Second Club

The ARMY defenatly does **** different than the Marines.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

lmao, that is awesome
Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

After that Son of a Bitch booted General Mattis, he's planning on how to use martial law to take our guns if he passes legislation.

On the bright side, it was the Army. None of us would ever fire on our own...

So, when we roll in Houston to take it back, at least we won't have to hand it over to the Army, just to show up again in 6 months and take it back.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

pretty crazy stuff
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It happened locally here in Harrisburg, PA but it wasn't the military. It was "federal law enforcement". This was back on Jan 29, around the same time as the events in Houston and Miami.

http://www.abc27.com/story/20805502/...ers-at-capitol

Witnesses described an action-packed scene at the Capitol on Tuesday night around 7:30 p.m.

There were three helicopters flying high and low, practicing touch-and-go landings. People were also rappelling down ropes.

Federal law enforcement came to the Pennsylvania State Capitol Complex to practice tactical maneuvers.

The helicopters were only in the area for about seven minutes.

Troy Thompson, PA General Services Spokesman, explained why there was no early warning about the maneuvers.

"We didn't alert the public because there was no danger to the public by conducting the drill, and it needed to be an in and out type of drill for this particular law enforcement agency," he said.

Capitol police and Dauphin County 911 did know this was going to happen.

They didn't tell the general public because they didn't want people videotaping it and seeing the tactics being practiced.

This is the first time the state has ever partnered with federal law enforcement in this capacity.
Why such little information? Like they can't even tell us which law enforcement agency it was, or why they were doing it. They also say it was the first time this has happened, so it's not normal.

Here is Miami:

If it's just the military training for foreign deployments, why were they doing joint training with Miami police?

Personally I think the federal government wanted to make a show of force to scare people, because they know we are becoming extremely pissed and restless. Maybe they are preparing for the possibility of civil unrest. If that happens, you know what labels they will bring out right away. Domestic terrorists, right wing extremists, right wing militia, etc.

Last edited by X-ray; 02-10-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Comments below

Last edited by dr_whigham; 02-10-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:31 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Guys, let me make something clear. Half my comments are in jest, and just good ole fashioned ribbing about the Army vs Marines thing. This **** is a LOT more common than you think. It's training. Nothing more. We did it all the time when George W (I miss you) was in office. Look at the color of the choppers. There's a reason. It's simply training; Nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm still ******* pissed about General Mattis though.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope you are right and I am wrong, in fact that probably is the case in this instance. You certainly know more about the military than I do. However, I hope you understand why I have become so paranoid of the government. Everything that has happened since 9/11 has been terrible for individual rights while bringing more power to the Feds than ever before. I know the erosion of our rights started many decades before 9/11, but that event was used as an excuse to rapidly accelerate the erosion.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Teching In

I wouldnt worry about military taking over.. we defend a belief, and that belief was transposed onto paper called the US constitution and BOR, we do NOT defend a person or position..

but, look at the weapons, if they are military, they are SOF. reg line company grunts dont get to do that kinda ****..
Old 10-19-2014, 02:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

hahahahahah

Quick Reply: Soldiers chime in....