Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

HYT = Involuntary Separation? (USAF)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default HYT = Involuntary Separation? (USAF)

I can't seem to get any clarification, so if anyone knows about this please feel free to share!
I'll have 15 next year this time but I can't see to find out if this qualifies for ISP or not. Clean record, multiple deployments, 7 level just didn't take it serious when the cut-offs were nice & low. I'm not sure about all the changes w/Course 15 but does completion hinder ISP as well?
Old 11-01-2017, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob M
I can't seem to get any clarification, so if anyone knows about this please feel free to share!
I'll have 15 next year this time but I can't see to find out if this qualifies for ISP or not. Clean record, multiple deployments, 7 level just didn't take it serious when the cut-offs were nice & low. I'm not sure about all the changes w/Course 15 but does completion hinder ISP as well?
No disrespect but I am very surprised you are asking such a question here.
You have plenty of resources on your base and online.
I retired from the USAF back in 2006, so a little out of the loop now.

If I misunderstood your question, I apologize. I was guessing ISP=Involuntarily Separation Process. I think you want to stay to 20yrs, is that correct?
Or did you want to be involuntarily separated at 15yrs?

Also, last I heard, TSgt HYT is 20yrs
You may receive an extension.

Last edited by bgw70; 11-03-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

what I didn't ask or tell you in the private message was if you had one more WAPS test? if so, and if you want it (because you really have to want it) do what I didn't do, buckle down and study your *** off. From what my old boss said who's an E9, a large majority of what's in C15 is based off what's in the PDG. I didn't take his advice. mixed in with at the time of not wanting it so i'z got out. My recommendation if you still have a chance, study your *** off, kiss what ever *** you have to kiss and suck up the 5 more years of pain for a lifetime of free retirement money while there's still retirement money available. How fast did the last 14years go? although at times it seemed like it was dragging it went by fairly quick. So, the question is, Do you want it or are you throwing in the towel like I did? DO I have regrets? well, I've made a whole lot of mistakes! and only 3 real regrets. 1) I didn't save a dime. 2) I didn't go after a ccaf. 3)I didn't fight for rank.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

So I went through some old emails and got in touch with/some more seasoned staff at career development. Previously my visit was rather unnerving
..having 2 A1C's & a SrA, 2 of which I'm pretty sure we're brand new to the United States (and the English language), none of which had a clue as to the answers to my questions and even when they did try to somewhat answer their English was so poor it wasn't very reassuring...Just the kind of people you'd want as personnelist

So I did try, in response to the first reply (and YES things have changed quite a bit since '06. Hell back then we still had Orderly rooms!)

Yeah, I'm done. I get that everyones like "Oh 5 more years..." That's cool & fine for you but me personally, I've deployed enough, played games, prepped for enough inspections, done enough CBTs, missed E-6 enough, heard about it enough, it's time for Rob to follow Rob's dream! Got this free education, now I might as well take advantage. Honesty the way the world is headed, I don't want to spend the next few years Involved in supporting war efforts w/yet more unclear circumstances in a country that could give a sht about me or the American dream (course who could blame them after the train wreck that was the last 8 years). I think we ought to pull out of EVERY country, worry about US our vets and protect Israel. The British & Australians are really our only true reliable Ally. None of the others can Really be trusted.

I will have to test as soon as I get back and that's fine, crossing those T's & dottin the I's is the way I see it. USAF doesn't want my type, who just want to wrench, put in a hard days work & go home, they want Sq soccer players who look pretty, are working on their CCAF, have quarterly awards (which usually have bullets based on the work of Other ppl) and who are Booster club members. I joined to fix Uncle Sam's broke junk & see it used, now days it's All bunch of parts swapping, extra curricular nonsense and meaningless staff meetings peppered w/ Sqd CC's, Group CC's & can't forget Wing CC'...Yeah, I'm good thanks though. Besides, I hate to say it but no matter if you do 4 years or 24 years, all you're really doing is avoiding the inevitable. You're gonna have to get out at some point and face the Real world, get a Real job and go to work. The older we get the harder it is to change so why wait any longer? I should've chased this dream as my first enlistment was ending instead I got sucked in as I found out I had just made SSgt
Old 11-04-2017, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Yep, you should get out...if your not happy then life will continue to suck.
Just remember, when you do get out and get that real job, it’s gonna suck too because the same peeps will be working for you or you will be working for them.

Ask folks who have gotten out and many will tell you the people on the outside are worse than those in the military...I still work around the military and can tell you I wonder what is wrong with some of these Airmen...It’s leadership...the last eight years only kept like minded generals and fired the rest.
PC now rules the DoD...it will take time to move it back to the right.

Again, Rob needs to do what is best for Rob...but I can tell you, I sure like my retirement benefits.
I know several my age who got out before retirement and everyone would have stayed for those benefits if given a second chance.

Good luck and I sincerely wish you the best.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

No doubt there are those out there whom the world could really be w/o & worse yet those same type are also procreating. None the less, Not having to deal with all the silliness of it all will be Far better. Mind you, from 2009 til this past March I kept a part time job in the civilian world as to Not completely loose touch with things, so for 8 years I was taking in Both and gaining perspective...this isn't just a boo-hoo kinda tone I carry... another thing that I choose not to endure through is this whole transgender farce. WTF & How the fck do you deal with altering Your previous conceived notion of boy/girl with some freaks twisted interpretation??!?! Nah, no thanks....and you know DoD is gunna have to write some kind of directive once it goes full blown to really address it. I'm good, thanks

Quick Reply: HYT = Involuntary Separation? (USAF)