Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Stalker WS6 KIA

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dunn
The funeral was awesome, in the sense of that it was an honor to be there. There was a biker crew there who I guess were marines themselves back in the day, about 20 of them lead the way to the cemetary, as we went along, people stopped what they were doing in their yards, and saluted as we drove by. 4 different fire departments STOPPED ALL traffic in the middle of the road, and as we entered the cemetary, one had its ladder extended the entire way out with a HUGE american flag. It was a sight to behold, it gave you chills.

Knowing donnie, he wouldn't have wanted all that fame and glory, but he deserved it, by just the way he acted as a friend as well as a defender of freedom.
People dont realize that the town (Gulfport, MS) he came from was DEVASTATED by the hurricane, and yet those people showed tremendous respect for him and his family. I have NEVER seen anything like it around here. I won't forget the old couple come out of their house, with his Marine corp hat over his heart, and her head bowed....
Old 09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Toonz
The funeral pics definitely hit hard... I wasn't expecting that when I went to his page.

Kyle, thanks for making this a sticky.
I just saw those as well, and it brings back alot of memories from a friend who died in Iraq in May.

As far as the bikers go, they had the honor guard ride for SPC Quintons funeral.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I also was friends with Donnie when i was stationed in Hawaii..... this is horrible news
Rest in Peace brother. My Condolences to his family.

Kyle

just saw this.great loss and my condolences goes out to Donnies family.I knew him when he was here in Oahu,Hawaii.he will be missed.
how you guys doin Ben,Raegan and Kyle.still remember you guys when you were here.Rex
Old 11-20-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 35th SS
just saw this.great loss and my condolences goes out to Donnies family.I knew him when he was here in Oahu,Hawaii.he will be missed.
how you guys doin Ben,Raegan and Kyle.still remember you guys when you were here.Rex

Yeah we all remember the good times.... all of us at the track... just loving life. Reminds me everyday how lucky we really are.

Im doing good all the way in VA. Got married in Mar and just moved into a house this last Sat. and of course the car is doing good... LOL

Shoot me a PM......

Kyle
Old 12-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Teching In

WOW, I bought my WS6 hood off him back in Oct 05. Thats crazy, I actually talked to him for a while about joining the armed forces and So i joined the Army about a year ago. That really sucks he was a great great man... kinda sucks I found out almost a year later that he died.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

I just discovered this thread and didn't realize Donnie knew so many people. I knew of his death some time ago when sleeperZ96BT told me. I met him in MA when he came to visit sleeperZ96BT. I can't say enough kind things about Donnie. In the short time I knew him I know that if we lived closer we would have been great friends. I talked to him online occasionally but did not keep contact the last couple years. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family.

I just wanted to chime in to add to the list of people who got a chance to meet and befriend such an awesome person.

For all the people who sacrificed their lives for us, I could not be more deply indebted. I will miss Donnie but never forget him.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:19 AM
11 Second Club

I just wanted to let the you guys know that our local f-body club is having our 2nd memorial cruise for Donnie here in Jacksonville, NC the 17th of Feb if anyone would like to attend. PLease pm me or keep an eye on our site for more details
http://www.dragslips.com/forums/index.php
Old 02-18-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Just a couple of untouched pictures from the days event

Gotta play with the night pictures a bit before I post 'em up here.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

it was a great turnout. thanks to the Levens family for their hospitality.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Any pics of Donnie's car? I see the Black WS6, but I didn't think that was his car.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

No, it wasnt his car.

Here's some I toyed with. I had just gotten that camera earlier that day, so I wasnt 100% sure how it operated. I completely forgot it had a night portait feature, or else I would've been smart and used that. If I accidently cut anyone out - sorry.

Hopefully next year, we can put Donnie's car aside and take some solo shots of it. Or, if the Levens family wants, we can get someone over there to take some pics (I'll gladly do it once I get better w/ the camera).
Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

the WS6 in the pics where every one standing by it, IS Donnies car, and the WS6 that is in front of the other cars is His car, hos mom brought it up for this gettogether

Donnies car and his mom
Old 02-18-2007, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

I wish knew about the cruise early i would of tried to take leave for it.

Damn, i remember when those helicopters went down last year. I helped identify the people from both Helicopters. It pisses me off everytime one goes down expecially lately. (5 or 6 in the last month) I remember seeing his name and seeing he also is from MS. I never knew him personally but i use to go to Gulfport/ Biloxi , MS every summer when i was growing up. He will be missed greatly.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silverZ98
the WS6 in the pics where every one standing by it, IS Donnies car, and the WS6 that is in front of the other cars is His car, hos mom brought it up for this gettogether

Donnies car and his mom
He was refering to the one on the other page, with the black rims. That was one of the J-ville guys (He sat close to my table at lunch, I didnt catch his name tho.)

Yes, the above pictures are of Donnie's mom with Donnie's car.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude,

Though I never knew you I still think about you!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

It's hard to believe its been almost three years. You are still missed brother and a belated Happy Birthday from all of us
Old 11-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Rest In Peace comrade...

Semper Fi brother
Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Rest In Peace comrade

Semper Fi
Old 11-12-2008, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by wicked_95z
It's hard to believe its been almost three years. You are still missed brother and a belated Happy Birthday from all of us
wow ! it has been almost three years its seems like just a few days ago i read the story and this thread. I wish I could have known him or even got to talk with him on here. May he rest in peace
Old 11-12-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Even though I didn't know Donnie he sounded like a great guy and Motivated Marine. Semper Fi brother and Rest In Peace Marine

Quick Reply: Stalker WS6 KIA