Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

The Marine Corps is screwing me around.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default The Marine Corps is screwing me around.

Well long story short. I got out in 2005 Dec. did my five years got out as a Sgt. Went to work at a regular job and i was happy and content.

Fast forward to May this year i get screened and get orders to get activated for a year and go to Pendelton. I live in Jacksonville, NC still and work in Cherry Point doing my same job just as a civilian. I am to report on October 9th.

In the next few months i decide **** it i will just re-enlist with bonuses and by the time the year is up i will have 6+ years in. So i start the process and get all my stuff done after about 1 day. I had to deal with some **** head Ssgt that picked up Gsgt. So i found a new guy and he got me taken care of.

So my package went up five weeks ago. I got a call this past week that my package is on hold, because of a gap in my last fit rep my OIC decided to only report up to the day that i went on terminal. So i have a 33 day gap with out one. The max is 31 days. So now they won't let me re-enlist till i get it fixed.

Now i know some of you are thinking do a non-observed that's fine i already have a Major that wrote one up, but we have no reporting senior to put on there that will buy off on it.

On top of that the Msgt from my future squadron called me up and said that to go with them i would have to extend and in a round about way said that we don't need IRR trash.

If they need people so bad why can't i just go raise my right hand again???

My good friend that got recalled with me just re-enlisted took him two weeks.

Bullshit
Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Contact MSgt Harper MMSB 703-784-5689/5690. He will walk you through what you need to do about your fitrep. Date gaps are not a big deal. All your RS will need to do is submit a letter to him. On another note, you being a Sgt of Marines, you should be the one who makes sure you dont have a date gap. Now a days there is no one else to blame but yourself for a date gap. In recent years officers have gotten lazy. When I first picked up Sgt in 1996, we had nothing to do with our section A's. Since I got off Recruiting duty in 01, I have been writing my own. In a way its better, that way you yourself is responsible for your dates, as well as your billet accomplishments. Good luck with your re-enlistment. Hope it all works out for you.

Rob
SSgt USMC
OP Viking, Iraq
Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks alot. But at the time i was getting over a brain infection and had to get out fairly fast and my fit rep was nevershown to me because the squadron was still on the boat when i got out. Plus i didn't really care i thought i was all done.

Bill

On a side note i am from Springfield, MA
Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 AM
11 Second Club

Just food for thought, when you get back in, always check MOL for your fitrep status. A missing fitrep can screw you over. It can hold you back from promotions and re-enlistments, as you found out.

Your from Springfield and stayed in NC????? wow, must have been a good job to make you stay there. Me personally, I am counting down the less than 5 years till I retire till I can get my *** back to Mass. Hope it all works out for you though.....I am stationed at Lejeune

Semper Fidelis

Rob

Last edited by HASTINGSRJ; 08-29-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:12 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah i will definetly keep track now.

Yeah i don't like MA to damn cold i like it here. I work at Cherry Point now. I do the same job i did in the Corps just get to have a beard.

I live in Jacksonville now. When do you get back?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** it. how long were you in the DEP? you could be coming up on your end of contract. theorietically, if you were on the DEP for a year, then you'll be at your 8 yrs in Dec. so you'd be activated for what, 2 months. if you're getting fucked now, just think how it may be when you come back in.

and they could possibly restart your TIG since you've been out for a long time.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah but i only had 4 days in dep so i get out of irr in Nov of next year. Only 15 more years till retirement instead of 30+ in the civilian world.

Are you in the wing out there? That Huey that crashed had a friend of mine in there.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Yeah i will definetly keep track now.

Yeah i don't like MA to damn cold i like it here. I work at Cherry Point now. I do the same job i did in the Corps just get to have a beard.

I live in Jacksonville now. When do you get back?
You can give me the cold anyday!! I live in Jville too, I come home for R&R in Nov, but will be headed back to Mass for a bit. Then I get back for good in May.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
You can give me the cold anyday!! I live in Jville too, I come home for R&R in Nov, but will be headed back to Mass for a bit. Then I get back for good in May.

well that's cool stay safe over there.

Did you come from CA? i think i met you awhile back when i first bought my car '02 T/A red Vert has Borla cat back and Privat rims.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
well that's cool stay safe over there.

Did you come from CA? i think i met you awhile back when i first bought my car '02 T/A red Vert has Borla cat back and Privat rims.
:yup: I was in Cali. From 01-04. I used to go to Pizza Port every Monday night
Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah. i'm a winger now. i used to be a Motor T guy. i was stationed at CPEN with 1/5 for about 5 years. then lat moved to a MOS where i won't go back to the infantry battalions.

but i'm saying, there's a distinct reason you got out. i assure you, it's not gotten any better since then. hell, i just passed my 8 yr mark. and my contract is up in about 3.5 yrs, and i'm still contemplating getting out. you get tired of the bull **** after a while.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

besides, the job i do now, i can get paid 2-3 times as much in the civilian sector. and get paid extra for working nights and weekends.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:24 AM
11 Second Club

yeah, you get tired of the bs, but to quite when your half way to retirement to me is crazy!!! But then again, I retire in less than 5 years

Quick Reply: The Marine Corps is screwing me around.