Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

luke afb

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default luke afb

whats good out there? ill be there in about a week.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Launching!

To live or to visit? I was stationed there for 3.5yrs. Loved every minute of it. if you like sports, they have professional Baseball, Basketball, football, hockey. The Nascar race will be there in less than a month. 2 major 1/4 mile tracks, PIR has road racing as well as firebird raceway. Plenty of shopping, lots of trails to hike, bike, or whatever. ASU has dope clubs around it. 2 lakes on the edge of town, should still be nice out there. I could usually wear shorts yr round out there. If you need more ideas, let me know. Much more...
Old 10-13-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nite_Hawk
To live or to visit? I was stationed there for 3.5yrs. Loved every minute of it. if you like sports, they have professional Baseball, Basketball, football, hockey. The Nascar race will be there in less than a month. 2 major 1/4 mile tracks, PIR has road racing as well as firebird raceway. Plenty of shopping, lots of trails to hike, bike, or whatever. ASU has dope clubs around it. 2 lakes on the edge of town, should still be nice out there. I could usually wear shorts yr round out there. If you need more ideas, let me know. Much more...
yea i will be stationed there for a while. ive heard good things so far.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Launching!

you'll like it there...don't have to wear Chem gear, do excersices. AETC...gotta love it. Skiing or snowboarding is about 2hrs north. Oh, and lots of nice twisty roads outside of town.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

you'll like it there...don't have to wear Chem gear, do excersices. AETC...gotta love it. Skiing or snowboarding is about 2hrs north. Oh, and lots of nice twisty roads outside of town.
sweet. sounds a lot better than travis was. ill have to make a visit to ASU
Old 10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Launching!

Definitely...Girls gone wild stops by almost every year. Got to see them tape one of their sorority girls vids about 5yrs ago. Oh, and every Saturday they have a huge, i mean huge car show over in Scottsdale area. Major shopping area full of cars, food, and music. Man i miss it alot.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Resident

Definitely...Girls gone wild stops by almost every year. Got to see them tape one of their sorority girls vids about 5yrs ago. Oh, and every Saturday they have a huge, i mean huge car show over in Scottsdale area. Major shopping area full of cars, food, and music. Man i miss it alot.
damn man! u have me all excited about goin there now. at first i was bummed cause its arizona but i guess its pretty badass. ill be there in a less than a week.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 AM
11 Second Club

downside about the scotsdale pavillions that he is talking about is that its about a 40 min drive. There are some closer cruise nights that are just as good, but not as big (not many imports thats why), the track is only about a 15 min ride away. I'm heading to the track this friday, and not sure where im going to go sat pavillions or beardsley. When are you getting here to luke? Living on base or off? Whats your job. I live on base, work over in the command post. I have a pewter 99 ss you'll probely see sitting across from the gas station a lot of times
Old 10-15-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll love Luke AFB, the only thing you'll have to get use to is the decrease in BAH you'll be getting compared to Travis but cost of living is significantly less in Az compared to Cali.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
downside about the scotsdale pavillions that he is talking about is that its about a 40 min drive. There are some closer cruise nights that are just as good, but not as big (not many imports thats why), the track is only about a 15 min ride away. I'm heading to the track this friday, and not sure where im going to go sat pavillions or beardsley. When are you getting here to luke? Living on base or off? Whats your job. I live on base, work over in the command post. I have a pewter 99 ss you'll probely see sitting across from the gas station a lot of times
ill be at luke on sat, but my car wont be there till next mon or tues. i will be living on base. i am a med tech, ill prolly be workin in flight medicine. i have a maple red t/a.

btw are there any reputable shops around there cause i need a tune baaadd?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002t/a06
ill be at luke on sat, but my car wont be there till next mon or tues. i will be living on base. i am a med tech, ill prolly be workin in flight medicine. i have a maple red t/a.

btw are there any reputable shops around there cause i need a tune baaadd?
oh think you'll be in my dorms then. Actually would be kind of funny if you end up as my roomate i know mine goe married then went tdy to spain. As far as shops it depends what you want done. The guy for tunes down here is a guy named nicd. He basically tunes everyone. I'll pm you my number i'm off this weekend so if you need a ride to target, bx, etc or just want to head over to one of the cruise nights. my names Jeffrey