Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

How to ask if someone is in the millitary

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no but really i just say bullshit!!!!! let me see your i.d. if no i.d. comes out then you say ***........ and if it does make its way out then you say thank you for serving our country and then go get him some hot college chicks for him to bang............ and lots of beer.....
Old 11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Launching!

okay this thread reminds me of a story i have from back when i was on exodus (Xmas Break) during tech school:

I was having a hard time through tech school and really looking forward to 2 weeks of leave to relax and get away from the military. Well i had out processed for the 2 weeks on a Wednesday and arrived home in Houston that evening, I relaxed Thursday with some friends and ate food.. well friday i went to a house party, and as soon as i walk in, i see a dude in his blues at this party mackin' on chicks... I was like WTF? In couldnt believe that i thought i had gotten away from it and there it was... drinking a beer in front of me... he started pulling his orders out and telling everyone what this or that was on it... Word eventually got out that i was home on leave also... I ended up just getting SHITTTTTTTTAAYYYY drunk.. lol

-justin
Old 11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

i find the easiest ways is to ask their ets date, ask their mos, or an even easier way is to look for a dod sticker on their car if its their car or spouses car it will have one.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by oifish
If I could join I would think about it, but I cant im on a prescribed medication. Which when talking to a recruiter over the phone made me non-eligible?

so ill just pay my taxes and give support from home
what prescription drugs are you on they have a waiver for just about everything they let felons in but wont let you i think your recruiter is full of ****
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by StoleIt
AF = AFSC (Air Force Speciality Code)

Marines = MOS

Not sure about Coasties or Swabbies.
i believe its rate for the swabbies as you put it lol
Old 11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ORedRoc4
okay this thread reminds me of a story i have from back when i was on exodus (Xmas Break) during tech school:

I was having a hard time through tech school and really looking forward to 2 weeks of leave to relax and get away from the military. Well i had out processed for the 2 weeks on a Wednesday and arrived home in Houston that evening, I relaxed Thursday with some friends and ate food.. well friday i went to a house party, and as soon as i walk in, i see a dude in his blues at this party mackin' on chicks... I was like WTF? In couldnt believe that i thought i had gotten away from it and there it was... drinking a beer in front of me... he started pulling his orders out and telling everyone what this or that was on it... Word eventually got out that i was home on leave also... I ended up just getting SHITTTTTTTTAAYYYY drunk.. lol

-justin
shouldve given him **** for drinking in uniform.......me and a staff sgt reamed some buck pvt who had the nerve to come into a bar completely out of uniform(ie no patches, flag, rank, and cover) i left the bar after that and then ran into her again shitty drunk makeout with some guy still completely out of uniform that crap makes me mad as hell
Old 11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96ta
i find the easiest ways is to ask their ets date, ask their mos, or an even easier way is to look for a dod sticker on their car if its their car or spouses car it will have one.

AF no longer uses the DoD stickers.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple
interesting how do they do it?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

interesting how do they do it?
They just cut them out completely. Sorta redundant when you have to stop and show ID anyway. The "old" days of just driving through the gate if you have a sticker are gone (probably for good).

They figured it saved money/manpower and you don't have to worry about the stickers showing up on used car lots. Last I read, the other services were watching the AF program to see how it goes.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1_Disciple
I believe only ACC quit using them. I could be wrong though.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

negative ghostrider - langley still uses the DoD stickers. and im pretty sure wright-patt does as well.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

Well then I don't know what the deal is. I know Randolph doesn't use them, so I assume all of AETC has dropped them as well.

Edit- just found this - http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123065226

Sure sounds like it's AF wide?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
negative ghostrider - langley still uses the DoD stickers. and im pretty sure wright-patt does as well.
Thats because langely has Navy and Marines as well as Airforce.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Launching!

It's supposed to be Air Force wide, but there are still quite a few bases using them. We still have them here at Sheppard.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

same here, i was under the impression that they were gonna use up the last batch, and then just stop with them... if you are really lucky then you get your card scanned at the gate instead of just visually checked
Old 11-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

It's "Rate" or "Rating" for the Squids. As in AM rating (airframes mechanics); AD rating (powerplants mechanics); etc.

I'm sorry but IMHO a MARINE will look like a Marine whether in uniform or in civilian attire as that is a prescribed uniform as well. He won't look "back on the block", at least if he's worth a sh*t and takes pride in being a Marine. Which, if he's boastin' for the honeys, then I would suppose is the case. More than likely, he is a boot and you can still smell the rubber on his shower shoes.

In my time as an instructor here, I've trained about 5,000 Marines and Sailors. I can say that I am seeing some FAT/ out of shape Devils. Build is not the indicator anymore. They don't shine boots and starch/iron like we used to w/ the "analogs" (old cammies- cause the new ones are digital) so pride in their uniform and general appearance is waning. There are still some outstanding young Marines coming in though. But as was previously stated before- some may have the low fade with the scrub and not want to associate themselves with the Corps until they feel necessary.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

what prescription drugs are you on they have a waiver for just about everything they let felons in but wont let you i think your recruiter is full of ****
Its Synthroid for my under active thyroid, when he was questioning me I told him that, and I remember him saying something how that makes me unqualified or something like that.

whatever im enjoying college.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by weberje
It's "Rate" or "Rating" for the Squids. As in AM rating (airframes mechanics); AD rating (powerplants mechanics); etc.

I'm sorry but IMHO a MARINE will look like a Marine whether in uniform or in civilian attire as that is a prescribed uniform as well. He won't look "back on the block", at least if he's worth a sh*t and takes pride in being a Marine. Which, if he's boastin' for the honeys, then I would suppose is the case. More than likely, he is a boot and you can still smell the rubber on his shower shoes.

In my time as an instructor here, I've trained about 5,000 Marines and Sailors. I can say that I am seeing some FAT/ out of shape Devils. Build is not the indicator anymore. They don't shine boots and starch/iron like we used to w/ the "analogs" (old cammies- cause the new ones are digital) so pride in their uniform and general appearance is waning. There are still some outstanding young Marines coming in though. But as was previously stated before- some may have the low fade with the scrub and not want to associate themselves with the Corps until they feel necessary.

"He won't look "back on the block", at least if he's worth a sh*t and takes pride in being a Marine." -I beg to differ. I'm very good at my job, a (hate doing this but ill say it) "Squared away Marine", and I'm "worth a s***" as you put it. I just dont like being in the military anymore, it's not for me, it never was, and will never be for me. So you are basically calling me a POS because I'm not all "oorah motivate marine corps"????
Old 11-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Blackhawk, what is your rank if you dont mind me asking? Also, if it wasnt for you, whyd you enlist.. GI bill?, Benefits? experience? or just wanted to see what it was all about? Or did you find out that it wasnt for you after you enlisted? Either way, if it is for you, or it isnt for you, Thanks for your service to all!!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Launching!

well, recruiters paint you this big "wondeful" picture of what military life will be, and i believed them. at the time i joined for college and career. now, i will just do my time and try to get all the college i can out of the military. me, my cousin, and my best friend all went in the buddy program, thats part of the reason i went in as well. and yes, at the time i wanted to go into the FBI and i figured the military would give me some experience, but my lifestyle has changed and my goals have changed. such is life, huh? And, yes, i found out it wasnt for me after i enlisted, pretty much during and after boot camp. but thanks for the support, its much appreciated!

Quick Reply: How to ask if someone is in the millitary