Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marine going to hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marine going to hawaii

Hey everyone, Im a marine about to get restationed in hawaii at kanaeohe bay. Just wondering if there is any shops that work on f-body's or anything out there.. And how much does it cost to have things like headers and stuff shipped out there..
Old 08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

To get work done its $$$$ ....
Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hifba.com is our site. We have a good bunch of guys out here that are your best bet for help. Most of the shops are ricers and the rest are off-road.

Oh and shipping is a BITCH!!!!!!!!! My lid and t-stat were like $40
Old 08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

if you find a bunch of people that buy parts and have them sent to your house you ship them with your household goods and they pay you a couple of bucks you can make some money quick. Especially on big things like headers
Old 08-02-2008, 03:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lsuchamps2005
Hey everyone, Im a marine about to get restationed in hawaii at kanaeohe bay. Just wondering if there is any shops that work on f-body's or anything out there.. And how much does it cost to have things like headers and stuff shipped out there..

like mentioned check us out on hifba.com and will fill you in.we get ripped on shipping parts out here unless you go ground a little less 5-7 days.thats our big disadvantage of living in paradise and not having a track for over 2 yrs. now.gotta go to maui a good 3 hrs. ferry ride and next year a 2nd ferry service goin to the big island.see you around when you get here.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

woohoo...hifba.com in the house!!..

just like has been said..so I won't repeat it
Old 08-02-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

now only if I can convinced a couple more peeps on the club to race in Maui comin up it would be nice.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my brother in law is stationed there as well as one of my best friends sons. They have varying opinions on the place from week to week so it seems. Ray(my buddys son) has a 36ft Tiara sportfisherman there in the harbor. When he's back from the big island get with him to go fishing. He's got a 2nd gen firebird in Florida that's going to end up with an LS1 in it eventually. He's a great kid too.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Teching In

I sure appreciate everyone's comments, I will definitely check the website out, and looking forward to seeing everyone who is out there. I am going to look at that website also, Im going on leave tuesday to louisiana, and will get to hawaii aug 27, my car should be there no later than september 5.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

cool.introduce yourself.great group of guys we have outhere.mostly everyone comes and go when thier time is up.Im sort of like the local live here.will see you in one of our meets.again Welcome.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 35th SS
like mentioned check us out on hifba.com and will fill you in.we get ripped on shipping parts out here unless you go ground a little less 5-7 days.thats our big disadvantage of living in paradise and not having a track for over 2 yrs. now.gotta go to maui a good 3 hrs. ferry ride and next year a 2nd ferry service goin to the big island.see you around when you get here.
Man I want to get to Maui so bad to run, but I have not the money to get out there. Plus i'm too scared of bustin the rear over there and getting stuck lol.
I sure appreciate everyone's comments, I will definitely check the website out, and looking forward to seeing everyone who is out there. I am going to look at that website also, Im going on leave tuesday to louisiana, and will get to hawaii aug 27, my car should be there no later than september 5.
Just noticed your SN. What part of Louisiana you from? Glad I'll have another Tiger around here, since i am the only one in the club lol.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Im from opelousas louisiana, and it's awesome to know they have tiger fans out there... Have to drink and watch the games..
Old 08-05-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im from opelousas louisiana, and it's awesome to know they have tiger fans out there... Have to drink and watch the games..
Hell yeah man, sounds good to me. I'm originally from Melton, but grew up in Oklahoma, unfortunately

Quick Reply: Marine going to hawaii