Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Who has had houshold goods damaged by movers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who has had houshold goods damaged by movers?

My furniture was just delivered, and my wife says the top of our dresser is scratched all to hell. She said it looks like someone took sandpaper to parts of it Everything else seems to be OK, but she was getting irritated with the movers because they were idiots and instead of them messing anything else up, she just told them to leave.

She got it noted by the movers that it was damaged and got some paperwork. However, I am not there to do anything..

I was just wondering if anyone else had some insight to share on what they had to do
Old 08-08-2008, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

it happens all the time and you will prob have some stuff missing.... its a win win for the movers bc if they take your stuff you get paid for it and they get it for free...
Old 08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

she will have to file a claim with the carrier. Its all online now. All she will have to do is get a estimate and show what it would cost to repair it, to make it better she can also take a picture of the damage and attach it as well. Call TMO at your base and they will give you better instructions on what to do.

You think your wife was pissed, I just pcs'd in Jan and got my **** in Mar...missing two ******* crib hardware, scratches on multiple ****, they took apart a play set at my house in TX and just left it there, they ended up not taking it and I had screws and hardware all over my lawn. They were ******* morons. Its cool though, I took there *** to the cleaners getting over $800.

Make sure you dont have anything missing either. My next pcs Im gonna watch those ******* like a hawk...I was retraining at the time and wasnt there when my house was packaged.

good luck!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

The movers in VA get good. I had no problems with them. And there isn't a local office for me to even goto since i went recruiting.

We have had bad luck with furniture so far. We spent over $1700 at Babys R Us and got the stuff in damaged, and now this happens. And this dresser wasn't a cheapy dresser either..were talking 4-5k for the whole bedroom set. We will most likely find out of much it costs to refinish the dresser since we cant just buy another one
Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Freaks tore up my stuff also. All claims trhough the carrier. I am about to fax them my damage and we will go from there.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

moved from texas to hawaii and most things that could break did, we got paid for it and got new stuff so not that bad

Quick Reply: Who has had houshold goods damaged by movers?