Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Monday Blues

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monday Blues

So what do all of you Air Force guys think about having to wear our blues on Mondays now??
Old 09-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dimedsbc
So what do all of you Air Force guys think about having to wear our blues on Mondays now??
WHAT?! Where did you hear this from?

Maybe if you work at the MPF...
Old 09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123113919

Jack
Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Trunion King

^^^ Awesome.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dimedsbc

I think that I may have caused permanent damage to my nuts today wearing my blues pants...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
NKAWTG...N

This better not end up happening to flight crew...

And wtf? Seriously! If you can't lead your troops in your utility uniform why the hell would changing into a more uncomfortable uniform make a difference? The uniforms aren't the problem people...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ROGER THAT!! I HAVE A NUKE SECURITY ISSUE, BUT THE FIRST THING ILL DO IS PUT MY ENTIRE AIR FORCE IN BLUES...

SO IF ANOTHER 9/11 HAPPENS EVERYBODY IN BLUES HAS TO DRIVE HOME AND CHANGE INTO BDU'S/ABU!! THAT SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

HAHAHA, and I thought the Army did some stupid ****. This tops it. At least the Army figured out the uniform thing well with exception of the dumb beret.

The AF has rouge nukes running around the country and detonation items being given to foriegn countries and the chief of staff comes up with wearing dress on mondays. Maybe next you guys can have hawiian shirt fridays.

And I thought this was going to be a "case of the mondays" thread. lol.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Teching In

That's the gayest **** I've ever read.

Though it does say the base commanders have the authority to adjust the policy to meet mission requirements. And it also says it will be worn by personnel in appropriate career fields. So that pretty much rules out all aircraft, AGE, and vehicle maintainers or any other "dirty" job who shouldn't have to participate in this stupidity. So you're pretty much left with the admin, MPF, and hospital folks who will most likely be affected.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Banned

Sucks to be a desk pilot.

<-- does not have to wear blues.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jperran

Me neither
Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by StoleIt
This better not end up happening to flight crew...

And wtf? Seriously! If you can't lead your troops in your utility uniform why the hell would changing into a more uncomfortable uniform make a difference? The uniforms aren't the problem people...
im all about the flight crew wearing blues, i still dont understand how flight crew that arent on the schedule wear flight suits? Especially higher ranking guys that havent been in an airplane in 10 yrs

Its a flight suit, not a sit in the office for 2 weeks waiting to be on the schedule suit
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigT2002
Me neither
werd!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I'll give my $0.02 here...and this is coming from someone that hates wearing blues.

One of the big problems where I work is people not paying attention to simple guidance...por ejemplo: the last duty day of each month has been blues day for quite some time, yet people would still show up in the wrong uniform, and for no good reason (utility uniform is NOT required to work in my building for the most part). The commanders had a meeting, and there was a great deal of concern regarding this issue...yeah, not the most important thing in the world, but they had a point. If we can't even get something this simple right, how can we be trusted to follow simple guidance on more important things?

I know, I know...all a bunch of B.S. After all, we all know how to tell what's really important in this world...we'd take the greatest care handling sensitive material at all times, right? There are guidelines in place for that stuff...yet there are still morons running around ***** nilly out there doing stupid stuff.

Now the commanders have an easier way to tell who the idiots are on Mondays. Like it or not, that **** is here to stay. And consider yourself lucky you didn't read guidance today that told you that long sleeve shirts/ties are mandatory between 1 Nov and 31 Mar on blues day.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Meent I can understand where you are coming from but look at it this way when enlisted, NCOs, and officers do not perform to standard who is responsible? Their leaders, enforcement of policy starts there and the climate of any unit begins at the top. That is why the armed forces uses professional development to mentor leaders and enlisted alike. Why not remedy the problem at the root versus a cowards way around. The people that need to be brought to the spotlight are those in charge of enforcing policy and their superiors for not monitoring their progress as leaders. Just another way to get around the actual work of building leaders, implementing more policy.

By saying okay were are going to wear them four times instead of one, who really cares, it wont change until someone gets dimed out, all you are doing is trying to increase the chances that someone will get put in the heat sooner. Nothing changes until leaders lead and enforce. Be, Know, Do......and lead from the front.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I've been waiting since last week to see what people had to say about this new policy. Although I do not agree with it, it's just one of those things that we have do. My section technically should have been wearing our Blues today but our NCOIC insisted that we do so. Why did he do so? Truthfully I don't know but I'll find it interesting when someone comes to our section and asks for 1xx lbs AFT Ballast and we're all in our Blues... lol... Hopefully QA is nearby .
Old 09-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Staging Lane

wow i thought it was only here on base that they had to do that. didn't know it was an entire AF wide decision! i know i certainly laughed at the two AF guys on my shift when they came in sporting their blues yesterday. lol.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jperran

x2!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vee 6
...And it also says it will be worn by personnel in appropriate career fields. So that pretty much rules out all aircraft, AGE, and vehicle maintainers or any other "dirty" job who shouldn't have to participate in this stupidity. So you're pretty much left with the admin, MPF, and hospital folks who will most likely be affected.
Isn't this exactly how it was prior to Sep 11? Except that the admin folks only got to wear BDUs once a week?

There will never be folks working out on the flightline or digging ditches in blues. I don't see the big deal.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I really want to see this trickle down on the maintenance side then for the top to see why the jets can't get in the air..... man that's just dumb....

Quick Reply: Monday Blues