Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2000 Mustang GT with 4v 4.6L Eaton and 76mm Turbo Dyno Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
700 hp... 26psi... a lil weak. Still a nice build though i think you should pull the eaton off and let it scream!
This set up has already made more power with 26lbs of boost than the car did with 29lbs of boost with a KB, or 26lbs of boost when it was turbo only. I'll have more video of it soon, as we just got the MAF extension in this morning. Also remember, the 700rwhp is on a Mustang MD-1100SE dyno, and is only at 5000rpm. We still got to spin it up another 1500rpm at least.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Be interesting to see what it puts down in the end, bet it is fun as hell on the street.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool build and enough power to stir some **** up but I would think something like this should be making A LOT more power
Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Teching In

numbers seem off....best friends 2005 mustang puts out over 600whp with a single T-76 and 14 lbs of boost...on pump gas....with stock heads/cam
Old 02-15-2010, 01:18 PM
9 Second Club

I'm compariing it to my Twin Turbo setup. At 19PSI I made around 900RWHP through a TH400 tranny. Back in the old days the diesel trucks were using blower with turbo. It died out when they perfected the turbocharging. Now at 23PSI my setup produces about 100RRWHP more. So around 1000RWHP. I'm thinking that blower is holding you back. The nice thing about pure turbocharging is that you simply hit a button to change the boost. I can run 8PSI on street tires and 23PSI at the track on race gas and slicks. With a turbo in front I would assume you can do the same somewhat. Dial it down for the street and conditions. I'd still sell the blower and go twins if they fit.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
I'm compariing it to my Twin Turbo setup. At 19PSI I made around 900RWHP through a TH400 tranny. Back in the old days the diesel trucks were using blower with turbo. It died out when they perfected the turbocharging. Now at 23PSI my setup produces about 100RRWHP more. So around 1000RWHP. I'm thinking that blower is holding you back. The nice thing about pure turbocharging is that you simply hit a button to change the boost. I can run 8PSI on street tires and 23PSI at the track on race gas and slicks. With a turbo in front I would assume you can do the same somewhat. Dial it down for the street and conditions. I'd still sell the blower and go twins if they fit.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sure it has some more in it, how much more is the question though.
Please, don't let this video make you think that a compound boosted 4V is to be fucked with easily.
You would be sadly mistaken.
-Matt
Old 02-17-2010, 09:50 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by MattxFatal
I'm sure it has some more in it, how much more is the question though.
Please, don't let this video make you think that a compound boosted 4V is to be fucked with easily.
You would be sadly mistaken.
-Matt
I agree with you. In fact it would scare me to even think about calculating the forces going on in that setup. You build X-PSI which runs into the supercharger which compresses air which is already compressed by the Turbocharger. Changing the spin rate of the supercharger without changing boost and vice versa would be cause an inbalance and you lose the efficiency. Interesting project though please keep us posted on it.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
I agree with you. In fact it would scare me to even think about calculating the forces going on in that setup. You build X-PSI which runs into the supercharger which compresses air which is already compressed by the Turbocharger. Changing the spin rate of the supercharger without changing boost and vice versa would be cause an inbalance and you lose the efficiency. Interesting project though please keep us posted on it.
It's a mind **** when you brake it down.
Check out the Hellion kits out there.
I've seen PSI on an 03/04 4V range from high 30's to low 40's through compound boosting.
It's sick.
Sick as in you would have some type of mental illness to even attempt such a thing not knowing the end result. The fact that it is actually VERY effective is just ***** out awesome.
Okay, I'll stop thread jacking.
-Matt

Quick Reply: 2000 Mustang GT with 4v 4.6L Eaton and 76mm Turbo Dyno Video