Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Just a neon...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Acctually, I was reading the thread in the srtforum about this car and they said that they were spraying No2 into the intercooler, dont know if that would make much of a difference compared to Co2? Looked like a lot of spray though. Looked like they were shooting it right from the hose. Not knocking the numbers though, even if it was 450 without the external cooling, thats still quite a feat for the SRT-4. Oh, and I know of a few full on race setups using the stock bottom end running 800-900hp without problems.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Revelation222
Acctually, I was reading the thread in the srtforum about this car and they said that they were spraying No2 into the intercooler, dont know if that would make much of a difference compared to Co2? Looked like a lot of spray though. Looked like they were shooting it right from the hose. Not knocking the numbers though, even if it was 450 without the external cooling, thats still quite a feat for the SRT-4. Oh, and I know of a few full on race setups using the stock bottom end running 800-900hp without problems.
CO2 and N20 will have pretty much the same cooling affect.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

umm some cars spray the intercooler stock...

i guess he could get a nx kit and get even MORE power (not to mention no way in hell it picked up 50hp with that, if so very 4 cyl turbo would have it on the street) but he is already making 500hp which is BRUTAl, especially for that weight.

if he blows the engine, no shame, what engine doesn't.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Excal
umm some cars spray the intercooler stock...

i guess he could get a nx kit and get even MORE power (not to mention no way in hell it picked up 50hp with that, if so very 4 cyl turbo would have it on the street) but he is already making 500hp which is BRUTAl, especially for that weight.

if he blows the engine, no shame, what engine doesn't.
The more I think about it, the more impressed I am. That would be the equivelant of putting over a 300shot of nitrous on a LS1. Basically more then doubling the stock HP. Crazy stuff. AND it's AMERICAN!!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Glad to see there are a couple fast ones, but the one's I've raced even with their supposed Stage X (insert number here) upgrades they've claimed to have haven't even kept up within 2 car lengths...
Old 02-19-2004, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Love that avatar Revelation222.
Old 02-22-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Talking

Maybe not necessarily American muscle but defintely something to be proud of. It's nice to see an american car hit that market and takeover. I got excited when I was reading about this car prior to it's release. I say for under $20K that's an awesome BANG! for you buck. If I could afford it, I'd probably have one to keep the mileage down on the camaro. Anyone in OK have one of these? I want a ride!