LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Multimedia Exchange (https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange-51/)
-   -   XPracing true duals..!!.DO NOT USE XPracing IN OKC!! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/1399170-xpracing-true-duals-do-not-use-xpracing-okc.html)

R602blue 03-17-2011 06:26 PM

XPracing true duals..!!.DO NOT USE XPracing IN OKC!!

7 Attachment(s)
These are pics of my true duals that cost me $450 done by xpracing in oklahoma city, Brett the owner is a POS. and as you can see by the pic's you can see what kind of work he does. Mufflers arnt even pointed in the same direction,not even centered under car, welds look like they where done by a 5th grader, And he clamis to build the fastest LXS cars in OKlahoma. I tried contacting him and got nothing. after asking around and posting up about it i found out he has a pretty good reputation of conducting his shop in this manner. So if your in Oklahoma. or surrounding states,!!!! DO NOT USE XPracing!!!

sheikss 03-17-2011 06:32 PM

Yea, that is a really shitty job.

R602blue 03-17-2011 06:35 PM

Yeah im getting the hole system redone next saturday with an X for less then half of what i paid for XP's hack job.

gocartone 03-17-2011 06:53 PM

Jesus, how could he charge that much for that?? Two straight pieces of pipe and two mufflers, a lot of work went into that exhaust :eyes: Any reason you didn't just go with TSP duals or something similar?

R602blue 03-17-2011 07:03 PM

I paid for the mufflers also.

I thought i was getting somthing like the TSP kit, i did tell him i didnt want an X cuz i was trying to save some money....But if i would have known it was gonna cost me that much i would have just bought the TSP kit and bolted it on myself and got an X-pipe

Yeah thats $225 in labor your looking at!

I haft to look at it everyday and i sure dont see that much labor

Purple95Z28 03-18-2011 11:52 PM

Wow, that is seriously some of the shoddiest exhaust work I have ever seen, and a huge rip off in labor charged to boot.

gocartone 03-18-2011 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by R602blue (Post 14653194)
I paid for the mufflers also.

I thought i was getting somthing like the TSP kit, i did tell him i didnt want an X cuz i was trying to save some money....But if i would have known it was gonna cost me that much i would have just bought the TSP kit and bolted it on myself and got an X-pipe

Yeah thats $225 in labor your looking at!

I haft to look at it everyday and i sure dont see that much labor

Were the mufflers part of the $450? It's shitty that shops can get away with pulling this stuff.

kidcamaro98 03-18-2011 11:58 PM

damn! I could have built you a way better setup, for half that price!

fatmat80 03-19-2011 02:23 PM

i think this is the same company that built trusts ws6..Howeverf his pics looked much different then these...better luck next go round bud.

DaSkinnyGuy 03-20-2011 01:08 AM

You got pucked over, i have seen true duals made all the way back to the rear bumper for $200. you could have bought a tsp true dual setup with a cross over x pipe for that price. you need to go to people you "know" do a great job not people who "talk" work on great cars. Im sure it at least sounds good.

:chug:

MYSTIC-1SC 03-20-2011 01:33 AM

Wow thats terrible.

flippincamaro 03-21-2011 10:17 AM

WOW!! Thats shitty! Hope it all gets fixed for you

OUTLAWZ RACING 03-21-2011 09:41 PM

Op summits racing x pipe kit is 100 bucks many use them with great work

'Trust' 03-21-2011 10:35 PM

Brett runs a very reputable shop, he built my old T/A from the ground up and has countless happy customers, including myself. I find it hard to believe he charged you that much for those, very hard, I'll actually go by there tomorrow and see if he can pull the receipt, that's a chunk.

I know the backstory on this, and you never approached XP in a professional manner after you weren't happy. If you had I guarantee Brett would have taken care of you, instead you went internet warrior trying to stir the pot and talk crap. Like begets like. Don't threaten to sue someone then complain on the internet.

You can buy proven TD's from site sponsors (http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=196&catid=56) why didn't you do that?

TheLS1Lover 03-21-2011 10:39 PM

Get em Truth. But man I hope you are lying..

1979transam 03-22-2011 12:14 AM

I agree with Trust, Brett has always been cool to me and done a great job, he done the tuning on my trans am and also the 6-speed swap on it, never had any problem with anything he has done or had a problem contacting him, you should prob get your shit straight before you go bad mouthing someone's business over the internet.......

ruquik 03-22-2011 11:28 AM

bad mouthing the company and making threats was not the right thing to do, BUT charging 450 for straight pipe and 2 mufflers is not right either. proper thing to do would have been telling the customer to save there money until they could afford a good exhaust system

97'RS6-BucketTurd 03-22-2011 12:24 PM

If your judgment skills are anything like your ability to spell - i would be led to assume it's your fault for not handling the situation properly.

btw I don't know anyone that would get any kind of work done without knowing at least a round-about end cost, first.
If a shop can't figure that out, especially on a small project like that, then chances are you don't want them to do work on your car anyway.

1WICKDZ 03-22-2011 07:53 PM

This tool has been saying bad stuff about XP all over. Brett @ XP is one of the greatest guys I've met and does hella work on cars. Just finished up my TBSS.

chrysler kid 03-22-2011 08:31 PM

i dont care if the kid came in and threw a fit like a second grader that exhaust is pure shit and the fact the shop owner will let it off a lift like that is a joke