Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

94 Supra with 421 stroker smallblock swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kracin I'm workin my *** off to get it out. cause I wouldn't be caught dead with a "shitty" motor your gonna have to give me some time cause I got two more in my other cars. What would suggest I replace it with?

Last edited by 6898camaross; 12-21-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Old 12-22-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
More of a pain to copy/paste rather then just hit "quote" to capture all of your babbling nonsense all at once, this isn't rocket science.

Seems like you need to do some digging yourself:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/3019859-post5.html

thanks, at least you can take 25 grams off the weight of the engine then?

All their 2JZ info is copied directly from Supra forums, or first hand experience with the engine (like having it on a scale).

and putting an engine on a scale doesn't make it the same engine that it would be compared to, vvti vs non etc, a lot of those swaps are mostly vvti. but aside from that, there is a reason their info varies so much as well as the tech areas lacking as much good info as can be found on a dedicated site

You can't be serious...
Compare the two engines a car with the same weight and gearing and you will see damn near the same gas mileage. A lowly 93 LT1 6 speed Corvette (OMG SBC based old tachnologeeee) gets better gas mileage than a 6 speed 93 TT Supra. Does this mean the engine is more efficient, or the gearing is better for gas mileage?

as hitman said.. 1 mpg when comparing THOSE two engine. i am talking about that gas guzzling 70s SBC that i have been talking about the WHOLE TIME. you keep trying to jump into other engines to make comparisons, he didn't put an lsx into that supra, he put a POS pushrod v8 from the 70s

Pot meet kettle...

and?

So bolt ons and a 50 shot get you 800hp huh?

actually.. boltons and you get over 900. intake, exhaust, boost controller, turbo kit, fuel and piggyback EMS will net you that, and it will hold it. not a lot of people choose to use nitrous, i was merely stating that a 50 shot on the stock turbos will net the same hp that that BUILT SBC is putting out.

Just as good engine? Yes, if not better. Just as "good" for that car, arguably no, because of added complexity of putting the engine in and getting everything to work properly.
How do you know what the OP was going for? How do you know that he didn't get tired of the turbo lag, or exhaust note, or lack of torque compared to a bigger displaced V8?
Not saying that I would have done the swap either, but I wouldn't buy a Supra either. (although if I did Id be SO tempted to put an LSx in it just to see the Supra fanboys like yourself rage out).

this statement here proves you are ignorant.. you think every car has turbo lag? do you even know how turbos work? when was the last time you raced from 0 RPM? wtf kind of comment is that. and lack of torque compared to what? my car makes more torque than it does HP on the twin turbos. what is your REAL point here? i guess you real point is you don't know how **** works in the real world so you are clamoring for saying he didnt wan't turbo lag? lol figures, ****** special child

Not if comparing two different engines like you were doing, saying one is "better" because it has more hp/l.

So you have no argument for hp/l then huh? Just some ricer math to try and make the 2JZ look better?

ricer math? it makes MORE power MORE efficiently, how else do you want me to put it? that the v8 has more cylinders and still can't match it without being built to the hilt? theres a reason it was built more solid from the factory, because it is in fact, more advanced.

care to post the thread?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by 6898camaross
Kracin I'm workin my *** off to get it out. cause I wouldn't be caught dead with a "shitty" motor your gonna have to give me some time cause I got two more in my other cars. What would suggest I replace it with?

redneck reading rainbow up in here?

i told him that putting that motor in a supra which had a far superior setup to start, was shitty. compare that 70's engine and trans to what the supra had, that is was shitty

i wouldn't be complaining if he put it in a mkiii and replaced a 7mgte... even though my old 7mgte cressida i built was making nearly same power his v8 is making without being built with forged internals either.

but the fact remains that he took out something that comes from the factory, engine and trans 900hp capable with just boltons. to replace it with a built SBC that is making BPU + 50 shot worth of power..

doesn't make a lot of sense..

this is a lot of fun too, you guys wouldn't believe how much laughter a lot of these comments are getting in other forums about how awesome this whole thing is.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

I like really big pictures
Old 12-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 6898camaross

http://i.pgu.me/-hCYjkS-_original.jpg
First off, I would re-size the picture orI would get a decent camera to actually show me ****, other than the fact that you took it with a 1.3mp cellphone camera.

Then I might be able to help you out with your build.

I have nothing against SBCs, LSxs or 2jzs. I have a problem with swapping the wrong motor into the wrong chassis. The 2jz 69 Camaro must have pissed you off, I know it pissed me off. I would have rather seen a LSx in there. If someone put a carbed SBC into a C5 vette, it would **** me off as well.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by foreverpsycotic
I have nothing against SBCs, LSxs or 2jzs. I have a problem with swapping the wrong motor into the wrong chassis. The 2jz 69 Camaro must have pissed you off, I know it pissed me off. I would have rather seen a LSx in there. If someone put a carbed SBC into a C5 vette, it would **** me off as well.
Damn i guess you gunna get pissed off at my B18 swapped C5 then. :/
Old 12-22-2011, 11:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dimra6Ucj0
Old 12-22-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kracin
compare that 70's engine and trans to what the supra had, that is was shitty
What's wrong with a 70s GM transmission? The TH400 and Powerglide were used in the 70s. Fast Supras are no stranger to swapping those in.

but the fact remains that he took out something that comes from the factory, engine and trans 900hp capable with just boltons. to replace it with a built SBC that is making BPU + 50 shot worth of power..
He put in a naturally aspirated SBC that makes comparable power to a 2JZ with 3 power adders (your words, not mine), and dropped some weight in the process.

this is a lot of fun too, you guys wouldn't believe how much laughter a lot of these comments are getting in other forums about how awesome this whole thing is.
And you think you're not a joke here? Nobody here cares what you kids on the Supra forums think. And why the hate on old pushrod engines? Last I checked old tech pushrod engines were trapping over 330mph in the 1/4. Has ANY OHC engine done that?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 270 Likes on 206 Posts

800rwhp 2JZ = 12 sec car..

Originally Posted by Heater
I like really big pictures
Old 12-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Wow.... I'll give you $5,000 for it, and that's being generous.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
And you think you're not a joke here? Nobody here cares what you kids on the Supra forums think. And why the hate on old pushrod engines? Last I checked old tech pushrod engines were trapping over 330mph in the 1/4. Has ANY OHC engine done that?
Last I checked, the fastest car in the TX mile was a OHC motor.
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/March%2...uto_053111.pdf
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/Results...s_vehicles.pdf
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/2010_Ma..._vehicles1.pdf
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/2009TXM...stestspeed.pdf

I will also leave this here, not bad for a tiny little 3l in a 3/4 chassis car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJC8DsMzl7A

BTW, noone is talking **** specifically about pushrod engines. it is the fact that the OP destroyed the car to put a punched 350 in there. Get that through your inbread skull.

Originally Posted by the_merv
800rwhp 2JZ = 12 sec car..
The 90s called, they want their joke back.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are right, bad choice of motor OP, shoulda dropped a diesel in it
Old 12-22-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

You Supra boys achieved 80mph LESS in 4 times the distance. Congratulations!!!

BTW, noone is talking **** specifically about pushrod engines. it is the fact that the OP destroyed the car to put a punched 350 in there. Get that through your inbread skull.
kracing made the pushrod comment. And learn to spell, moron.

90s joke or not, it's still funny, because it's based upon fact.

Do all Supra guys type like a 13 year old girl's text message?

Last edited by Marc 85Z28; 12-22-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
You Supra boys achieved 80mph LESS in 4 times the distance. Congratulations!!!

kracing made the pushrod comment. And learn to spell, moron.

90s joke or not, it's still funny, because it's based upon fact.
I am sure if someone strapped a 2jz to a rail or stuck it in a funny car and ran it off of nitro, they could easily break the 300 barrier.

Whoah, I thought this was LS1 tech, not the home of the spelling police.

Seeing how all generalizations are true, and funny, how is that mullet treating you? Is your sister good in bed as well?

What, I thought all 3rd gen owners were hicks that slept with their sisters...
Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last I checked, the fastest car in the TX mile was a OHC motor.
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/March%2...uto_053111.pdf
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/Results...s_vehicles.pdf
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/2010_Ma..._vehicles1.pdf
http://www.texasmile.net/pdf/2009TXM...stestspeed.pdf

I will also leave this here, not bad for a tiny little 3l in a 3/4 chassis car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJC8DsMzl7A

Countering an old joke with an even older joke. nice.

I think we can agree to disagree here. Small block Chevrolet is legendary and has accomished A LOT. 2jzs have done a lot also. In my opinion the Toyota Supra and the 2jz is ONE of the platforms that really gained respect for Japanese cars. 15 years ago if an import showed up to the drag strip everybody would laugh. They don't laugh anymore... well at least the ones that don't have their head up their ***.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Oh? Well tell the 90's I said what's up..havent talked to them in a while.

Sadly tho it's not a joke..like mentioned.

I **** on you..haha..
Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

I guess all the Supra fan boyz are comin in here to **** all over the thread..LS1Tech should instill a program that weeds out trolls.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am sure if someone strapped a 2jz to a rail or stuck it in a funny car and ran it off of nitro, they could easily break the 300 barrier.
What's stopping someone from trying? It would be hella mad internet fame dog yo.

Seeing how all generalizations are true, and funny, how is that mullet treating you? Is your sister good in bed as well?
You forgot about the trailer park and Marlboros
Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the_merv
I guess all the Supra fan boyz are comin in here to **** all over the thread..LS1Tech should instill a program that weeds out trolls.
Cheap entertainment at least. They finally came out of the closet on their own board and got told to

Quick Reply: 94 Supra with 421 stroker smallblock swap