Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

94 Supra with 421 stroker smallblock swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

"My twin turbo/big turbo, nitrous, full bolt on car makes more power than your sbc stroker"

Old 12-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
What's stopping someone from trying? It would be hella mad internet fame dog yo.

You forgot about the trailer park and Marlboros
Motivation would be a good reason, why something that you cant drive on the street?

BTW whats wrong with Marlboros?

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Cheap entertainment at least. They finally came out of the closet on their own board and got told to
A mod hasn't told me to leave yet
Old 12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the_merv
800rwhp 2JZ = 12 sec car..

Orly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gatDw...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq5BG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-nzZ...eature=related

All around 800whp and those were old *** videos from the early 2000's

Get back to me when you get some new jokes genius.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:33 PM

What's wrong with a 70s GM transmission? The TH400 and Powerglide were used in the 70s. Fast Supras are no stranger to swapping those in.

He put in a naturally aspirated SBC that makes comparable power to a 2JZ with 3 power adders (your words, not mine), and dropped some weight in the process.

And you think you're not a joke here? Nobody here cares what you kids on the Supra forums think. And why the hate on old pushrod engines? Last I checked old tech pushrod engines were trapping over 330mph in the 1/4. Has ANY OHC engine done that?
no, nothing wrong with th400 and such, but i was talking about the 700r4 combo'd with that motor that was put in that car. where are you guys going with these arguments? try to make a point and you jump all over trying to counter with irrelevant info about things that we weren't talking about.... to be clear, we are talking about that carb'd 421 and the 700r4 taking up valuable space in a car that deserves better

WOW, you don't care but you cant stop commenting, yep you care.

oh and you mention a pushrod that pulls over 300mph? wait, are you talking about funnycars? so lets get this straight, you are trying to compare an engine that is bored out so far with a special filled block, heads with valve so damn large they might as well be cylinders. a car that runs down the strip and has to be rebuilt every other time it makes a run, not to mention that the spark plugs don't last through the first half of the run...

yeah, lets compare that to a 2jz..

here is the funny thing, the fastest SUPRA using stock components, no tubbing, its OWN ENGINE. is far faster than anything GM you could name that hasn't been tubbed out, rear end swapped, with a new trans and engine from a different car.

we at least pride ourselves on making the car and what it has faster, not swapping it out with something and making it some sort of frankshit car made up of ten other cars. then still try to call it something with a name.

800rwhp 2JZ = 12 sec car..

i remember lining up against an old 67 camaro at the drag strip years ago when i was in my little cressida, it was only at 390hp then. on a stock stall.. i thought for sure i was gonna get beat on. that thing sounded NASTY, had slicks at least 14" wide and 28" tall... tubbed, ******* beast looking car... the guy was talkin about how he was making clean runs all night.... we lined up, he got a MASSIVE jump on me... my stall was stock after all, but after the 60' foot, i caught up and passed him like he was standing still..

moral of the story.... you can make all the supra 12 sec 800 hp jokes you want, but i know of more domestics that try to sound fast, put on slicks, and still cant do 13 LOL

You Supra boys achieved 80mph LESS in 4 times the distance. Congratulations!!!

kracing made the pushrod comment. And learn to spell, moron.

90s joke or not, it's still funny, because it's based upon fact.

Do all Supra guys type like a 13 year old girl's text message?
read the above comment... you achieve it how? its a 1 run motor, supra have done a lot better on the actual components that came with the car than the gm cars have. like i said, at least we have pride in using the parts on the car so we can still call it a supra as opposed to calling it a GchevordontiacM.

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
Countering an old joke with an even older joke. nice.

I think we can agree to disagree here. Small block Chevrolet is legendary and has accomished A LOT. 2jzs have done a lot also. In my opinion the Toyota Supra and the 2jz is ONE of the platforms that really gained respect for Japanese cars. 15 years ago if an import showed up to the drag strip everybody would laugh. They don't laugh anymore... well at least the ones that don't have their head up their ***.
very true, like in here though, a lot of people just say "pshhhh, its an import motor, you can make better power with a 70's SBC" which is untrue, they just don't know how to make the power because all they know is the SBC platform, so they want to keep using what they know instead of learning something knew..... i've built a 350 and put it in a 69 c-10 project i had back in hawaii, i've built my old 7mgte cressida swap from the ground up which was an i6 turbo.. hell i even had an old civic as my first car. and my want to do a bored/stroked small block in a late 40's chevy deluxe sometime soon.

certain engines have a certain place, unfortunately he put this one in the wrong place because there was something better in there before and there was no need to do the swap in the first place... if no one can even see that, then oh well. looks like any other closed minded forum that can't see past their own culture of *rip engine out, throw in sbc, create car better than anything on the road!*

I guess all the Supra fan boyz are comin in here to **** all over the thread..LS1Tech should instill a program that weeds out trolls.
how would any of you guys that claim that 421 is a good option post then? obvious troll comments lol
Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
"My twin turbo/big turbo, nitrous, full bolt on car makes more power than your sbc stroker"
to be clear. its a built SBC, cracked open to add 9.9 pistons, forged rods, forged crank, alum heads.

vs.

a car that got an intake, exhaust, and turbo kit put on it.... no nitrous, why do you guys think it needs nitrous? this isn't some inefficient V8 that can't push out power at higher rpms.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

lmao!!!

on a serious note, Kracing.... just stop. please. you hurting our feeling with your complete knowledge of everything. thank you.

On a lesser serious note, anyone wanna swap a bpu 2jz motor for my bolt-on ls6?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 272 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Cheap entertainment at least. They finally came out of the closet on their own board and got told to
..I read that.

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Orly?
Awwww ****...

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Get back to me when you get some new jokes genius.

This has definately gone to crap..
Old 12-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kracin
to be clear. its a built SBC, cracked open to add 9.9 pistons, forged rods, forged crank, alum heads.

vs.

a car that got an intake, exhaust, and turbo kit put on it.... no nitrous, why do you guys think it needs nitrous? this isn't some inefficient V8 that can't push out power at higher rpms.
Lets be fair here,

Nitrous is a **** load of fun
Old 12-22-2011, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-71v1qQO8HE
Old 12-22-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks, at least you can take 25 grams off the weight of the engine then?
Is this your way of admitting to being wrong?

and putting an engine on a scale doesn't make it the same engine that it would be compared to, vvti vs non etc, a lot of those swaps are mostly vvti. but aside from that, there is a reason their info varies so much as well as the tech areas lacking as much good info as can be found on a dedicated site
I guess you missed "All their 2JZ info is copied directly from Supra forums".
Thanks for playing.

as hitman said.. 1 mpg when comparing THOSE two engine. i am talking about that gas guzzling 70s SBC that i have been talking about the WHOLE TIME. you keep trying to jump into other engines to make comparisons, he didn't put an lsx into that supra, he put a POS pushrod v8 from the 70s
I should have figured, the point went right over your head. Ill try to dumb things down for you a little more here.
You're comparing the gas mileage of a 3400lbs car with 6 gears to 4000lbs+ cars with 3 or 4 gears. Put that engine in the same car with the same gears and gas mileage will be close, again this is not rocket science.

and?
I guess you don't know what that means... Look up "hypocrisy."

actually.. boltons and you get over 900. intake, exhaust, boost controller, turbo kit, fuel and piggyback EMS will net you that, and it will hold it. not a lot of people choose to use nitrous, i was merely stating that a 50 shot on the stock turbos will net the same hp that that BUILT SBC is putting out.
A turbo is a bolt on now? I wonder what would happen if you bolted on that turbo to the 421...
this statement here proves you are ignorant.. you think every car has turbo lag?
Did I say that?
do you even know how turbos work? when was the last time you raced from 0 RPM? wtf kind of comment is that.
Who said anything about 0 RPMs?
and lack of torque compared to what?
Uh, a SBC V8? And Im not talking about your peak torque, Im talking about the torque curve.
my car makes more torque than it does HP on the twin turbos.
Dyno pic?
what is your REAL point here? i guess you real point is you don't know how **** works in the real world so you are clamoring for saying he didnt wan't turbo lag? lol figures, ****** special child
My REAL point is you clearly dont know what he wants, otherwise you wouldn't be crying hysterically like this.

ricer math? it makes MORE power MORE efficiently, how else do you want me to put it?
A modded 2Jz is capable of making more power than this particular setup, just like you can add more mods to this setup and make more power.
hp/l is NOT efficiency because hp is hp is hp, doesn't matter if it came from a 1L engine or a 10L engine. What does matter is weight . A more efficient engine will make more hp/weight.
Would you rather have a 5L engine that made 400hp but weighed 350lbs, or a 4L engine that made 400hp but weighed 600lbs?

that the v8 has more cylinders and still can't match it without being built to the hilt?
So the 2JZ needs more valves, cams and is using FI and has to rev higher to match some "old POS" engine?
Your arguments are the typical high school rice boy cry baby, go back to reading import tuner...

theres a reason it was built more solid from the factory, because it is in fact, more advanced.
It was built to use FI from the factory, so like almost ever other engine that uses FI from the factory it can take quite a bit more boost. Ever heard of the Grand National? Nothing advanced about that "old tech" pushrod V6, but it could make some stupid power with boost.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

There is a reason the 2JZ has not been in continuous production..Pushrod V8's are being made every day.

I'll put my money on a GNX making the same power as a Poopra anyday.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

This is the first thread where a turbo kit has ever been considered a "bolt-on."

Seems that the 5.3 now holds the "boltons" record.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Teching In

There is a reason the 2JZ has not been in continuous production..Pushrod V8's are being made every day.

When did the GNX get tossed into this ******* argument? And besides, they STILL cant hold the power a 2jz can on STOCK ******* INTERNALS. Their rear ends also blow up (just like yours) and their transmissions need to be built as hell to handle the power.

Let me beat you with your own logic, a Viper can make the same horsepower as a built SMALL BLOCK, therefore OHV motors are better.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

here is the funny thing, the fastest SUPRA using stock components, no tubbing, its OWN ENGINE. is far faster than anything GM you could name that hasn't been tubbed out, rear end swapped, with a new trans and engine from a different car.
What Supra are you talking about?
Whats really funny is how butt hurt your getting, and trying to justify the greatness of the Supra by limiting other makes to certain standards (or excuses rather). Why does it matter if some parts are stock and others are not? Either way you are modding the car.

we at least pride ourselves on making the car and what it has faster, not swapping it out with something and making it some sort of frankshit car made up of ten other cars. then still try to call it something with a name.
Most pride themselves on building their car, or going fast with it, not just only swapping certain parts to go fast.
Why do you swap out your stock clutch with an aftermarket one? Why do you swap your stock turbos to bigger twins or a single? ZOMG you are frankshit da car cauze itz not factery!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by foreverpsycotic
Lets be fair here,

Nitrous is a **** load of fun
yes it is

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Is this your way of admitting to being wrong?

sure? i didnt deny it did i. after you showed me the right info, then sure, i guess for that specific engine they do weigh slightly less by a couple grams

I guess you missed "All their 2JZ info is copied directly from Supra forums".
Thanks for playing.

brb gonna go copy a bunch of bad info from your own site and play this game back at you. just cause a bunch of people say they got info from somewhere doesn't make it 100% correct. you should know that being on a redneck forum like this

I should have figured, the point went right over your head. Ill try to dumb things down for you a little more here.
You're comparing the gas mileage of a 3400lbs car with 6 gears to 4000lbs+ cars with 3 or 4 gears. Put that engine in the same car with the same gears and gas mileage will be close, again this is not rocket science.

so you're saying that the engine will throw less fuel into the cylinder for every stroke simply by removing weight from the car? redneck science again i see. you would have to completely change the fuel consumption of the engine to make this true. just because that piece of **** 70s v8 gets 8 miles to the gallon with those mods, doesn't mean its going to magically get better gas mileage by about 20 mpg by putting it in a car with 600 less lbs.... and even without talking about the 6 spd, the a340e gets the same gas mileage and has the same gears as the 700r4

******* redneck science strikes again. i need to go take 600 lbs of weight off my car and then i can beat a prius in a MPG contest, yay!

I guess you don't know what that means... Look up "hypocrisy."

not sure what the last comment was, but im sure you could learn something from that word as well. you have been hypocritical about a lot of things too, don't throw words around expecting to be exempt from them as well.

A turbo is a bolt on now? I wonder what would happen if you bolted on that turbo to the 421...

well there buddy lets not jump the gun now, this is from YOUR FORUM. **** now guys.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-bolt-car.html

Originally Posted by drummydummy
most likely. . .
headers, full exhaust, lid, intake manifold, throttle body, underdrive pully, all the free mods, and a tune

anything that doesn't require you to pull the heads off or the front cover(internals of the motor).

don't forget how much upgraded suspension helps put what power you do have at the wheels. you can upgrade the suspension all you want and can still say its a bolt-on car

hope that helped

uhhhh yep.. if you can swap out the headers on an ls1. you can sure as **** add a different turbo manifold and a turbo to match on a supra.. so yes. you can get bolton upgrades on a supra and beat the **** out of every single pushrod v8 out there unless you crack that sucker open and fix what gm did wrong in the first place.

Did I say that?

Who said anything about 0 RPMs?

we are talking turbo lag, if you haven't noticed people who tend to race, don't start from nothing. either using anti-lag/2-step, trans brakes, high stalls. anything, you are already in the sweet spot and have zero turbo lag that he is blammering on about. so what the **** is the point about crying about "turbo lag" when there is none? well.. none for people who know cars

Uh, a SBC V8? And Im not talking about your peak torque, Im talking about the torque curve.

torque will definately get you up there quick, but it won't keep it there, a semi has 5x the torque it does HP, and i wouldn't exactly call those things speed machines.

Dyno pic?

sure? we haven't even seen a dyno for the piece of **** we are talking about

My REAL point is you clearly dont know what he wants, otherwise you wouldn't be crying hysterically like this.

what he wants is 20 grand for a salvage title car with a worthless engine. lol

A modded 2Jz is capable of making more power than this particular setup, just like you can add more mods to this setup and make more power.
hp/l is NOT efficiency because hp is hp is hp, doesn't matter if it came from a 1L engine or a 10L engine. What does matter is weight . A more efficient engine will make more hp/weight.
Would you rather have a 5L engine that made 400hp but weighed 350lbs, or a 4L engine that made 400hp but weighed 600lbs?

not sure why you can't grasp this concept, hp is definately hp, but how its made and when its made is a big difference. there are a lot of variables, but a v8 that consumes 8 mpg cruising, making the same hp as a 6 cylidner that gets 25mpg cruising. is less efficient in a lot of ways considering it takes more fuel at all times to make the same or less power and keep it up.

So the 2JZ needs more valves, cams and is using FI and has to rev higher to match some "old POS" engine?
Your arguments are the typical high school rice boy cry baby, go back to reading import tuner...

so the 70s v8 boat anchor is better because its been around forever and has to burn 10x more gas just to keep up with something else that makes the same power as it? your arguments are the typical redneck response to anything that has 100 rpm higher rev (which the 2j doesn't even rev very high to start, and just because it maxes at 6.7k stock doesn't mean it makes more power at the very top of that rev in every gear genius).

go back to the woods and crack open another natty lite.

see we can both play that game? what is your point? that two different engines make power differently? except that the v8 has to compensate by using more fuel and larger cylinders and more cylinders just to keep up with something that has a more efficient way of adding in fuel and air (more valves). the number of valves doesn't increase the consumption, just the efficiency.

redneck science again

It was built to use FI from the factory, so like almost ever other engine that uses FI from the factory it can take quite a bit more boost. Ever heard of the Grand National? Nothing advanced about that "old tech" pushrod V6, but it could make some stupid power with boost.

amazing, so now we are comparing a grand national? when did this happen, this thread is about that piece of **** boat anchor v8 from the 70s in the car, not 3.8 v6 that was built to use turbos.

ugh, another gnx comment. there is more to a car manufacturers decisions than the use of an engine... i wonder why lamborghini and ferrari don't keep using the same engine platform over and over and over again? must be shitty engines. of course thats it...... wait.. maybe gm is a just so cheap they keep re-using the same design over and over again even though it isn't nearly as efficient as the new engines out these days.. or wait, maybe... the fan base is so close minded they cry and cry if anything with less than 8 cylinders is produced because they want their precious SBC to live on forever? im going with the latter... hence why the newest corvette was going to come with a super high revving turbocharged engine....... but.... still going to have an option for some high discplacement v8 that can't even match the power and capabilities of the other engine said to be avail.....?

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
This is the first thread where a turbo kit has ever been considered a "bolt-on."

Seems that the 5.3 now holds the "boltons" record.
gonna quote myself here cause all of you seem to not read your own forum either

well there buddy lets not jump the gun now, this is from YOUR FORUM. **** now guys.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-bolt-car.html

Originally Posted by drummydummy
most likely. . .
headers, full exhaust, lid, intake manifold, throttle body, underdrive pully, all the free mods, and a tune

anything that doesn't require you to pull the heads off or the front cover(internals of the motor).

don't forget how much upgraded suspension helps put what power you do have at the wheels. you can upgrade the suspension all you want and can still say its a bolt-on car

hope that helped

uhhhh yep.. if you can swap out the headers on an ls1. you can sure as **** add a different turbo manifold and a turbo to match on a supra.. so yes. you can get bolton upgrades on a supra and beat the **** out of every single pushrod v8 out there unless you crack that sucker open and fix what gm did wrong in the first place.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What Supra are you talking about?
Whats really funny is how butt hurt your getting, and trying to justify the greatness of the Supra by limiting other makes to certain standards (or excuses rather). Why does it matter if some parts are stock and others are not? Either way you are modding the car.

Most pride themselves on building their car, or going fast with it, not just only swapping certain parts to go fast.
Why do you swap out your stock clutch with an aftermarket one? Why do you swap your stock turbos to bigger twins or a single? ZOMG you are frankshit da car cauze itz not factery!!!!!!
uh...yeahh... lets see.. those factory and non factory things are very major components im talking about... basically your saying you are gonna drive a shell to the track made up of 100 different cars, and when you beat someone you are gonna say "hahhaha, my little old nova beat your supra like it was nothing"... and then you pop the hood, and its an engine from a damn ford, combined with a ford 9 inch rear, a viper's transmission and driveshaft, and basically the only thing nova left on the car.... is the paint.

congrats? what the **** is the point of that.

and fyi. changing a clutch is a common thing anyway, not exactly the same as changing the whole trans or rear end for another cars. besides you don't toss a clutch from a nissan into a toyota, lol. what the **** is with all this redneck knowledge out here?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Teching In

kracin, you sir are a ******* retard..

You DO realize that wrecked Supra TTs sell for almost 10 grand right? This car has brand new paint, new rims, new tires, killer stereo, built trans, TRD LSD rear, and a $9k 530 HP motor in it that sounds like the world is coming to an end. It's easily worth 20 grand.

Apparently, though, you think the motor is "worthless." Wow. And I do find it pathetic that the Supra FANBOIZ have to come over here and jack off 2JZs. Oh, and get some new material, the "redneck" talk is getting real old.

Sooo what Supra do you drive? Fool probably owns a MK3.

The guy is comparing putting on headers to throwing on an entire turbo kit! How can you be so stupid?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Teching In

You supra guys have really inspired me. The 2JZ is so much better than a lsx or sbc. Ive decided to sell both my cars and buy a supra... You guys are idiots. What do you expect us to do? Want us to bow down to you and say, Your so right We were wrong this whole time? Thats not going to happen. This is LS1TECH not 2JZTECH. We like our lsx and sbc or grand nationals lol which is why we are part of these forums. If we liked 2jz's and imports we would be on your forums. Your rediculous talk is doing nothing but proving that some supra owners are stuck up *** holes. Oh and by the way I saw a couple supra guys joined the SVT boards too. Guess they feel there going to inspire some Ford guys also.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pennington55
Oh and by the way I saw a couple supra guys joined the SVT boards too. Guess they feel there going to inspire some Ford guys also.
It is sad, isn't it.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
On a lesser serious note, anyone wanna swap a bpu 2jz motor for my bolt-on ls6?
I have a spare GTE long block sitting in my garage that's just waiting to go into something. If you are serious, PM me

Originally Posted by KS-LS1
You DO realize that wrecked Supra TTs sell for almost 10 grand right?

No... they don't.

The guy is comparing putting on headers to throwing on an entire turbo kit! How can you be so stupid?

.... It's not like a turbo kit adds extra studs to the exhaust side of the engine.
Again... my offer of $5k still stands

Originally Posted by KS-LS1
It is sad, isn't it.
What's sad is your poor excuse for a car.

Quick Reply: 94 Supra with 421 stroker smallblock swap