Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Want a reason to build a AutoLS car? Watch the video.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6
not only has it been before, but many highend shops/site vendors have done it so im not sure where you got your info from

OP- good race and badass vette
people wonder why LS1Tech is useless anymore then you read his comment lol
Old 06-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Teching In

I still don't get it??? What's the reason to build an auto Ls car????? What about this vid can someone with a t56 not do?? I love manual trans cause no matter how badass your car is, its all about knowing how to drive it... Dosent take Much effort to do what you did OP smash the gas peddle.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z28GONZO
I still don't get it??? What's the reason to build an auto Ls car????? What about this vid can someone with a t56 not do?? I love manual trans cause no matter how badass your car is, its all about knowing how to drive it... Dosent take Much effort to do what you did OP smash the gas peddle.
ummm......

what?

I dont think you have driven a high horsepower auto... and I dont care what ou say you have driven because its the interwebs. both auto and manual have there advantages and disadvantages.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this thread got stupid.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That porsche was NASTY... I noticed it came up to the evo and paced him then headlights came up and he was on the Z... "Holy ****" was my exact phrase. NASTY!

More info vids on the porsche.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ws6driv3r
you guys sound like bunch of ******* in the video. No one in the history of building cars unless its a serious drag or street car has ever taken the t-56 out of their vette and swapped with an a4..... and if you did swap it it would have been a th400 or something along those lines. no one is impressed.
First, C5Zs don't come with T56s.
Second, plenty of people pull manuals out and go to an auto setup.. Same goes for the Cobra guys.

I was impressed.
Cause they are nasty from a dig.

Ever driven an auto with over 400Rwhp on the street, let alone 600+? Is it as hard a manual, no. But an average joe is going to put it in a ditch.

Not only do they get **** done from a dig, traction is easier to come by.

Don't start this debate... Buy your manual cause you think it is more fun, cooler, want to impress the girls, etc etc... But being so biased as to say what can an auto do that a manual can't do. How many 3500# sub 400Rwhp manuals have you seen cut 1.4-1.5 short times? There is a reason autos dominate by a long shot on all of the record lists, hell even the highest RWHP list the autos dominate.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this argument again. Anyone who hates on autos has obviously never been to a dragstrip...
Old 06-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone should just agree to disagree.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love driving a manual car, but I don't kid myself; i know if I ever want to get serious about ET's or get into high RWHP figures I know that an auto will be my friend.

Not only are they better out of the hole and more consistent at the strip. The M6's are to expensive to maintain if your trying to drag race them with alot of power. The shock to the drivetrain and transmission is not worth the replacement cost just to try and prove a point.

The cost versus the abuse they see makes it a no brainier to switch to a more consistent, cheaper option. It's all in what your looking to do.

For me a H/C car that you take cruising around... M6 all the way, just because I enjoy rowing gears. Even my DD cobalt is a 5-speed just because it can be entertain sometimes when I'm in the mood to drive like Johnny Tran, this doesn't make me a 6-speed nutswinger though. The proof is in the numbers.

How many times will this topic be beaten into the ground?

Oh and "Holy ****" pretty much sums it up for that Porsche.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 06-09-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Teching In

I don't get it???? All this guy has done to his car is intake and exhaust it's not a fn 600whp car. How does it take effort not to put it in a ditch??? Lemons?? Second all I said was why I liked manual more and I'll say it again it dosent matter how good a car is/rated its how we'll it's driven. If you can't drive/shift for **** you go nowhere. 2nd I think he's ignorant for the **** he sais on the video and as a response talking about slapping people.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

but seriously. clearly words arnt getting through. so before you get all

about your very special unique ability to

and start talking **** on autos, we all know the real reason that you are

is because an auto car with a high stall did this to you

but in the end bra, its all ok because

lolz. but really both are nice. its the idiots that drive them that are the real problem. however i prefer auto due to its consistency at the drag strip and on the street, plus a high stall makes it a deal breaker.
high stall+built motor+auto+not having to miss a shift=win all day.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't get it???? All this guy has done to his car is intake and exhaust it's not a fn 600whp car. How does it take effort not to put it in a ditch??? Lemons?? Second all I said was why I liked manual more and I'll say it again it dosent matter how good a car is/rated its how we'll it's driven. If you can't drive/shift for **** you go nowhere. 2nd I think he's ignorant for the **** he sais on the video and as a response talking about slapping people.
Because, an automatic doesn't make a care more tame. Just more consistent and better suited for dig racing.

6-speed cars can launch well at the tack, people have done it. It is however, alot harder to whoop *** on the street from a dig with a M6. Look at it this way, why carry a heavy TV up stairs when you can take the elevator?

Again, its relative to what your looking to do with the car. No one is hating on your because you like to shift gears. Alot, of manual guys just preach this "automatics are gay and for pussies" ****.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

His car should be putting down 400Rwhp or close.. And weighs right at 3K lbs. Hand the keys of that car on street tires to an average joe and it would be in a ditch.
How about my old car? It would fish tail at 40-50mph and still kick out from 55-60. How many people do you think could have half *** launched that car from anything under 20mph?

It is fine if you like manuals more, it is all opinion. But you were being a tard in the first post.
IMO manual blow dick.. They are fun to drive every once in a while but thats where it ends for me. I like having stupid 60's, pulling the tires, being consistent, not asking for a rematch cause I missed a gear, etc etc... I also think a large stalled auto is way more fun than a manual.
All opinion... Fact? As far as racing goes, autos bitch slap manuals.
Old 06-09-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Because, an automatic doesn't make a care more tame. Just more consistent and better suited for dig racing.

6-speed cars can launch well at the tack, people have done it. It is however, alot harder to whoop *** on the street from a dig with a M6. Look at it this way, why carry a heavy TV up stairs when you can take the elevator?

Again, its relative to what your looking to do with the car. No one is hating on your because you like to shift gears. Alot, of manual guys just preach this "automatics are gay and for pussies" ****.
I hate the "yea but you dont DRIVE your car"... The **** you mean? Am I in the passenger seat while I'm pulling busses on you? "It isn't a REAL car unless it has a manual", you're right it is a figment of my imagination.

**** gets old.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no one ever has a real car. ever. nowhere. we all suck.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by usnfenix
no one ever has a real car. ever. nowhere. we all suck.
wheres the "like" button? lol
Old 06-09-2012, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
His car should be putting down 400Rwhp or close.. And weighs right at 3K lbs.
more like 345ish RWHP it's a STOCK motor and the converter eats up alot of power, weighs 3550 with two people in it(300lbs) and a full tank of gas. I have sub amp etc etc. its a fun street car that gets beat on 88% of the time the clutch went and that alone is roughly $2000 when all said an done so instead of putting a clutch in it I did the smartest thing for myself.

AND just because we are on LS1Tech I will say this, don't like my car? tell me all about yours I'll sit next to anycar on here half of them are pieces of **** and run 12.50s with full bolt ons and everyone who is sub 12.50s is on another forum because honestly there are to many "I know it all I have built a million of these cars" kids on here.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
AND just because we are on LS1Tech I will say this, don't like my car? tell me all about yours I'll sit next to anycar on here half of them are pieces of **** and run 12.50s with full bolt ons and everyone who is sub 12.50s is on another forum because honestly there are to many "I know it all I have built a million of these cars" kids on here.
THIS needs a damn "like" button.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned

Anymore seats on the auto bandwagon?? I'd like to get on.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
more like 345ish RWHP it's a STOCK motor and the converter eats up alot of power, weighs 3550 with two people in it(300lbs) and a full tank of gas. I have sub amp etc etc. its a fun street car that gets beat on 88% of the time the clutch went and that alone is roughly $2000 when all said an done so instead of putting a clutch in it I did the smartest thing for myself.

Ah, sorry I was thinking normal bolt on Z. Still should be 360Rwhp stock or so IIRC... Add exhaust and intake that should be 390Rwhp... Auto doesn't eat 40Rwhp.

2000$ for a clutch?