Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Just got my TSP ORY! Merge pic inside. Documentating my install process.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firebird99
So far that's not to bad and once your hear those long tubes singing through that bullet muffler you will forget all about this little stuff.
Yeah man can't wait to get them both on. So far the passenger side is on.

For those of you not sure if to get GM header gaskets or the vicotr reinz gaskets from autozone heres some comparison pics between the two. Other than the gasket sealing inside they are identical.

The old ones are the GM ones New is Victor Reinz.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TSP Y-Pipe has terrible fitment issues. Pipe spreader + Welder = Success
Old 07-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
TSP Y-Pipe has terrible fitment issues. Pipe spreader + Welder = Success
Wasn't too bad getting it to slip onto the collector, took like an hour and a half of grinding but oh well. Tommorow im going to finally tackle the TSP ORY install, after 20000 bumps in the road i finally got the pacesetters on. Heres an open header video.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Why didn't you go with their headers too? Totally worth it IMO, stainless instead of the cheap ceramic coating Pacesetter uses.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gocartone
Why didn't you go with their headers too? Totally worth it IMO, stainless instead of the cheap ceramic coating Pacesetter uses.
I cheaped out. I found the pacesetters for $220 shipped brand new and said **** it, and went with it. Im trying to do as much as i can with the least amount of money. Next after the exhaust is P&P TB, and a 25% UDP, and some more creative weight reduction.

Price list so far
$220 LT
$150 ORY
$60 magnaflow bullet
Exhaust shop should charge $80-$100 to get the dump done.

I Should have around $700ish (including P&P TB, and UDP) into it when its all said and done.

Edit: I had a buddy with a TSP ORY BNIB he as going to sell to me for like $90 but he sold out last minute.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-21-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with pacesetters, they work just fine,the tsp ory isnt that bad just takes some time to get right,i got pretty pissed installing mine,but it fit pretty good
Old 07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Banned

This Y-Pipe fits like junk, im going to an exhaust shop to get it all welded together. I wouldn't buy this unless you PLAN on having it welded up anyways. Im really upset with how it fits too, it hangs pretty low. Lets see what this exhaust shop can do.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

To me, this thread is really informative. I've been considering installing an identical setup on my Camaro, and I really appreciate your documentation. I hate that you're having this great difficulty, but, for what it's worth, it looks like you'll be helping out those of us who plan to follow in your footsteps.

Thanks for carrying the torch, bro!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z28RS
To me, this thread is really informative. I've been considering installing an identical setup on my Camaro, and I really appreciate your documentation. I hate that you're having this great difficulty, but, for what it's worth, it looks like you'll be helping out those of us who plan to follow in your footsteps.

Thanks for carrying the torch, bro!
Yeah man no prob! thats the exact point i was trying to cover, since everything is very vague on this particular ORY thought id be nice to document my personal process.

Update:

Just got back from the exhaust shop and the exhaust sounds alright alot quiter than i thought, it hits somewhere on the floor board and the car is slow as ****. I got to go Check out the SES lights and see what it is. I think it might need a tune bad or something. At WOT it does sound amazing though.

Just incase anyone knows but does anyone have an issue with there cars not passing 5500 RPMs? My car is doing this and i THINK it might be valve float.

To sum up the TSP ORY, it is nice quality, but the way it fits is ****, and the clamps they send with it are garbage. IMO, to be able to get the ORY on properly and effectively you NEED to consider taking it to get welded. I kinda screwed up how i did the dump but ill just deal with that later. Im sort of sick and tired of dealing with it right now.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-23-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For the little bit you have into it I wouldn't be to mad with it having a few issues along the way but that just me. Lt+ory+bullet dumped and you don't think it's loud wow thats crazy I think there really deep but not as loud when you dump it instead of running it out the back.

Talk about kick in the jewels all that work and now your cars running like crap that sucks dude I feel your pain when I put a built rear end in my 89 gta I took off the lift and didn't get a mile before the tranny went out.....
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by firebird99
For the little bit you have into it I wouldn't be to mad with it having a few issues along the way but that just me. Lt+ory+bullet dumped and you don't think it's loud wow thats crazy I think there really deep but not as loud when you dump it instead of running it out the back.

Talk about kick in the jewels all that work and now your cars running like crap that sucks dude I feel your pain when I put a built rear end in my 89 gta I took off the lift and didn't get a mile before the tranny went out.....
Its really not that loud IMO, lol i guess im used to open header or 3" dumped exhaust gutted hondas, THAT is loud. But Its completely tolerable for a Daily driver, IMO. At WOT it sounds epic.

Def upset, ive been working on it for a week and a couple days, ive ran into a bunch of annoying issues, and my hands are decimated. Im gonna just take it day by day from now on and eventually get everything sorted out. Thanks for your comment though!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Banned

Video up, sorry for the **** audio quality but all i have is my laptop to record ATM. lol its a bit raspy because of the way i did the dump, tilted sideways with a 3inch, realized i cut the ORY to far back and it ended up being a 3.5" at the merge. So i just shoved the 3" piping in there sorta sideways and got it welded up for now. Ill fix it sometime later on, it should eliminate all of the rasp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnL1x...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by adamantium; 07-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Banned

Got an incar vid of me and my buddy eating **** lol i steped on it at like 10 mph.

Search this Thread