Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Top Ten Expensive Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by That_guy
it has been dethroned by us lol the car is called the aero scc and it has two corvette engines in it ls1 or ls6 one of them and goes 275mph with the manual option and it gets great gas mileage
1 LSx with twin turbos a 387ci. Not sure if it in poduction yet but the run {25} isnt enough to call them a true production car imo. Its been top speed tested they got it up to 243mph i think, heres the test drivers account of it
When we woke up Wednesday morning the ground was covered in snow to our disbelief!!! We spent the day driving 93A looking for a good stretch of road. Unfortunantly all the water on the road would mask the true road conditions that would haunt us the next day. In some places the snow was pilled up over 6 inches on the side of the road. We could only hope for dry conditions the next day.

My first pass on Thrusday, I ran the car over 200mph then I turned around and brought it back up to 221mph. When I pulled into our pit area and the owner of the company asked me, "I thought we were going to keep it under 200mph for the first run?" I replied, "Well it felt so good, I just did it." LOL. Its not how fast you go, its about how comfortable you are going fast!!

We made another pass later that was over 230mph and the car was still pulling really hard! I was trying to be very gentle on the throttle because I could tell the car had a lot of power.

After making some adjustments to the car, we only had time for one more pass before our permit ran out. We felt the short side of the course (the shut down side) had a better section of road, so i was going to have to be more aggressive on the throttle if we were going to post a 240mph+ number. When i shifted into 6th gear at 180mph I started feeding on the power. When it hit 5,000rpm, 190mph, the engine seemed to "free-rev" and I smelled smoke. I thought something broke so I put the car into neutral and coasted. After reving the engine a few times and putting the car back into gear, everything seemed fine. It was then that i realized that this car has so much power it "smoked" the tires at 190mph!!!! So I just cruised it up to about 217mph as I shook my head in disbelief.....
Old 06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they have the maxton mile in NC.

Originally Posted by Tainted
where can you do standing mile runs and all that stuff at?
you cant do it on the street legally either, and theres not many tracks for that as well