Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Video of me from the track. 99SS vs. WRX

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Video of me from the track. 99SS vs. WRX

We always get to see people drive great down the track, so I figured I would post me drving, well..............very mediocre. This was my second time at the track (the first time, I only made 2 runs because they were closing). I would just like to say that Im terrible at getting down the track, but I am getting better. This video was last night at Crossville Dragway. I went to 411 in Knoxville tonight and ran a 9.00. I will learn to drive it well enough to get it in the 8's soon hopefully. Mods are in the sig. All the runs were in the mid 9's.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...9c01204c28.htm

Longtubes and ORY going on next weekend
Old 09-02-2007, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

Nice video, but you really need to learn how to lunch or shift or both because those times are not acceptable!
Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not horrible, but it could use some improvement! I like the reaction times
Your car is quiet!! Its not good when you can hear the import over yours.

My best with headers, lid, exhaust only was 8.69 at 88. Went again on Friday and got a 8.46 at 87 with 4.10s, LCA relo's and DRs. But still didn't hook. Heres a vid of it, not the fastest of the night like the title says though. http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ent=Jakson.flv
Old 09-02-2007, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jakson
Not horrible, but it could use some improvement! I like the reaction times
Your car is quiet!! Its not good when you can hear the import over yours.

My best with headers, lid, exhaust only was 8.69 at 88. Went again on Friday and got a 8.46 at 87 with 4.10s, LCA relo's and DRs. But still didn't hook. Heres a vid of it, not the fastest of the night like the title says though. http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ent=Jakson.flv
Not bad at all, but I think car still has more in it. Especially that you had a 88mph trap speed before 4.10's.

How's the weather and where are the tracks located where you guys run? It makes a huge difference. My Z28 on shitty tires and with just lid and LM ran the same times as you, but it was done at the track that has 100ft elevation and temperature was in the 50's.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
Not bad at all, but I think car still has more in it. Especially that you had a 88mph trap speed before 4.10's.

How's the weather and where are the tracks located where you guys run? It makes a huge difference. My Z28 on shitty tires and with just lid and LM ran the same times as you, but it was done at the track that has 100ft elevation and temperature was in the 50's.
It was chilly the night I ran the 8.6 with the stock gears, musta been around 50 some. Friday night with the 8.46 it was 78.

Ill be going to a test and tune at a 1/4 mile track the 8th hopefully. So at least the track will be prepped. There was a guy at the track Friday who went there before and he ran a 8.1 1/8 and 12.7 1/4. He was running 8.5s on Friday. So mine should be good for an 8.1 too hopefully, and a 12.6-12.8 1/4th.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice vid man, don't sweat the times dude, its a start.

I have trouble in crossville too. I will definately be heading up there with you boys this next time.

Clutch arrived yesterday and got my new exhaust

BTW... with ls6/lid/lts/ory/catback my best at crossville is 8.60s at 88mph.

Wanting some low 8s if I can hook up lol

Good runs though man!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JKDZ28
Nice vid man, don't sweat the times dude, its a start.

I have trouble in crossville too. I will definately be heading up there with you boys this next time.

Clutch arrived yesterday and got my new exhaust

BTW... with ls6/lid/lts/ory/catback my best at crossville is 8.60s at 88mph.

Wanting some low 8s if I can hook up lol

Good runs though man!
I did alot better last night at 411 here in Knoxville. Crossville just didnt hook up for me so I ran a bunch of 9.4's and 9.5's with terrible 2.4 60's. Last night, I was running 9.00's, and 9.10's with 2.1 and 2.2 60's. I know I cant drive well, but I can't learn without practice. My mile per hour was usually 82 in the video, but I spun then entire way through first or I bogged off the line because I couldnt figure out how to launch on the track. Oh yea, that Subaru is loud because it has a straight through exhaust with now mufflers or cats, but I dont think it is louder than my car WOT.