Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Fastest cars I have seen on the street...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911

Joes TT Ford GT would also probably be up there but from the video it doesn't seem like a close contender.
Are you serious? How can a twin turbo ford gt with 1300rwhp STREET car not be a contender with that supra? I was more impressed my the GT then the supra.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Hell, even the Walser Supra I posted is faster then the first Supra posted here.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Joes TT Ford GT would also probably be up there but from the video it doesn't seem like a close contender.
True enough, but I couldn't find his good vids. There are some
crazy ones out there.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxqkJu9QSLA

wHAT ABOUT this car!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Teching In

0-205 in 18 secs!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Alternate view of the second supra vid posted.

these are the two supras racing in the first post. Side of the road view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgj9d9UuGms

Last edited by Mike 01WS6; 01-15-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

More of the same two cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu8sV...eature=related

This was at TX2K6.

Last edited by Mike 01WS6; 01-15-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LUIS1
Yeah, that guy is definatly a contender. The Ford GT TT's are very misleading on video as they don't sound or seem that fast, but they certainly are as this video shows.

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
these are the two supras racing in the first post. Side of the road view.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related
Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
More of the same two cars:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...eature=related

This was at TX2K6.
Mike, maybe its just my computer, but the links don't work for me. You got any other links to it?
Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Those vids are retarded. How can we even tell the cars are fast (I am sure they are) but how can you tell as he doesn't even crack the throttle open at all.

If anyone has discussion on the first 2 vids I posted feel free to discuss. Or, if anyone has something more powerfull or faster than I posted (or even on the same lines) and has video to them actually showing it, feel free to post as well. Otherwise please don't hijack the thread that already has more discussion on something totally off my topic than my original post.
watch him peg the dyno in the related videos....
Old 01-15-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 86MonteSS
watch him peg the dyno in the related videos....
I'm sure its fast. The whole point is, it is not a street car, just because it drives on the street. It is a track car, and therefore is not under the same category as "fastest street car I have seen".
Old 01-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Apex_632
Trans brake and a decent shot of spray.
Fast is fast, no matter how you do it.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

There is a fine but definate line here between track car that drives on the street and a street car. Again, looking for cars that don't run around with parachutes on the street or are obviously tubbed out with no hood on the dyno.

Unit 243's vids of the Supra would go far enough for me to say it would be faster than the original vids I posted http://youtube.com/watch?v=xwrvGCbpmwY and I would still consider to be a "street" car as it doesn't have anything that would keep it from driving normally on the street on most days.

What do you mean not a close contender? That car did IIRC 1453rwhp, that will beat every street legal streetable supra out there from a roll. Comparing a street ford gt to a purpose built drag supra is stupid. He also has alot of room left as in terms of boost, thats only on 30lbs of boost and a 75 shot of nitrous as well.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 67maro
What do you mean not a close contender? That car did IIRC 1453rwhp, that will beat every street legal streetable supra out there from a roll. Comparing a street ford gt to a purpose built drag supra is stupid. He also has alot of room left as in terms of boost, thats only on 30lbs of boost and a 75 shot of nitrous as well.
That may be the case, but the video didn't seem to support that. Like I said previously, the GT TT's don't seem as fast on video as they actually are. If it wasn't for the vid of the ones speedo hitting 200+MPH so quick it would not seem that quick, at least not to me. However, after seeing the GT TT speedo vid, I can definatly concur with your opinion though. They definatly are a contender.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Says who?

We have a 55 tube chassis Chevy that runs like 6.9@200 and its on the street every once and a blue moon.

Cops don't say much to him from what I have seen.

My car is WAY louder then legal limit and I have yet to get pulled over but the previous owner did a few times. It all depends on the cop.

I know some that would have pulled the stang over and told him to take it straight home as long as he was not doing anything stupid. Some would have towed him though.

Nice stang and Supra.
says the law...no brake lights, no turn signals, no headlights, not DOT legal tires, modified exhuast, list goes on. if grandma's cadillac didnt have headlights im sure she would get towed.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rick@HSW
cop would pull him over...check the ride out...give him a pound and send him on his way. as long as hes not doin anything stupid any normal level headed cop wouldnt do anything. most cops are just as much as a gearhead as us anyways...they can appreciate a work of art like Millen's stang.
cops around here do their job, nothing about that car is street legal. sooo it would be towed.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

That may be the case, but the video didn't seem to support that. Like I said previously, the GT TT's don't seem as fast on video as they actually are. If it wasn't for the vid of the ones speedo hitting 200+MPH so quick it would not seem that quick, at least not to me. However, after seeing the GT TT speedo vid, I can definatly concur with your opinion though. They definatly are a contender.
That blue car is a heffner built car I immagine. It was most likely on pump gas which for the GT's is around 900rwhp. So just immagine Joes car that has another almost 700 rwhp and how much faster it will be. Im sure you know who Nero is, if you dont he owns Titan Motorsports IIRC. In Joes GT-TT video he said how deciving the car is because its so smooth but its fast as hell.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

That blue car is a heffner built car I immagine. It was most likely on pump gas which for the GT's is around 900rwhp. So just immagine Joes car that has another almost 700 rwhp and how much faster it will be. Im sure you know who Nero is, if you dont he owns Titan Motorsports IIRC. In Joes GT-TT video he said how deciving the car is because its so smooth but its fast as hell.
Well, 700 RWHP would probably seem fast to most sane people However for me to put it into this category of "fastest street car I have seen" it does not fit. Now, the other GT TT that did 200+ in a matter of seconds would definatly fit the bill, and I have a strong feeling he is a bit more than just 700 at the wheels.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Well, 700 RWHP would probably seem fast to most sane people However for me to put it into this category of "fastest street car I have seen" it does not fit. Now, the other GT TT that did 200+ in a matter of seconds would definatly fit the bill, and I have a strong feeling he is a bit more than just 700 at the wheels.
Not to be an *** but reread what I said. The GT-TT in the video, the blue car, is a Heffner built car which is most likely at about 900rwhp(pump gas). Joes car does almost 700rwhp more then the blue FGT in the video.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allthrotle
That supras nice and I wouldnt mine owning one but, If it cam down to picking between a badass supra or lets say a badass lsx car, Im gonna have to go with the ls car just because thats what tickles my pickle.

I also think this vette would give that supra a run for his money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuExH5mAto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRoRuA47vxM&NR=1
So someone else has seen this car , I have seen some sick Supras but not many vettes like that on the street, I've posted his vids up before but they never get much interest. He is work'n on another motor for a ZO6 with more power. I think he got the yellow vert in the 1000hp + range.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Not to be an *** but reread what I said. The GT-TT in the video, the blue car, is a Heffner built car which is most likely at about 900rwhp(pump gas). Joes car does almost 700rwhp more then the blue FGT in the video.
I understand what you are saying but I just don't see how. I have seen extensive video of Joes Ford GT (multiple top end highway pulls), and they don't compare (as in they aren't as quick) to the other vid posted of the one doing 200+ in a matter of a dozen seconds.

If you want I can try to dig up that specific long vid of Joes GT TT I saw with the top end pulls, and then you can compare it to the other top end 200+ MPH run in the GT TT. Trust me when I say they are not close to be questionable of who is faster.