Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

21psi turbo Supra Vs. 12psi Turbo Trans Am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fail_safe
That motor was not an option for a camaro or trans am. Your suckin on fine feathers now. The point is, your swapping larger stroked out motors and comparing them to 3.0-3.4 liters of displacement. This still isnt enough to run mid 6's and over 215-217mph.
First of all a lQ9 is not stroked at in fact it uses the same crankshaft as the 5.7liter lsx it has a bigger bore and the only difference between it and lets say an LS2 is the fact that it is made of Iron. Do yourself a favor and google your info before you post your inaccurate blasphemy's here. Your saying that an LQ9 is not an LSX you should look under my hood then it sure as looks like an LSX to me, or maybe I am just blind, or maybe you are barking up the wrong tree. I am sure that if Toyota offered a strong OEM block for the supra people who build them would use them to, but they dont so get over it. LSX>2JZ becuase in the end there is no replacement for displacement and that is something all of us muscle car guys know you match any supra up with a LSX @ simular boost levels(20psi vs. 20psi) and the poor supra would get raped hands down.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are you guys arguing with this guy?

He's clearly a moron.
He doesn't have anything factual or of importance to say about imports and he's been wrong on everything he's said regarding the LSx engines.

Just another troll trying to stir a pot.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what else would we do at work?
Old 05-16-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I told her about calling you. She doesnt listen sometimes. You must have put it on her last time. She hasnt stop talking about you yet. Good job. Have any videos?
But why would you want to see them? Shes a nice lady and I wouldn't dare do that. It's just wrong. And there is probably some legal issues if I did.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Apex_632
For the record I am a camaro owner, so I'm not bias towards supras, or lsx cars either. I appreciate both for what they offer. Just merely answering a your question along with additional info.

This is the fastest IRS supra in the world. This is the car that lined up with LMR's stock suspended lsX 10.5 camaro in march.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXa9ggyHa10

Boost Logic also has a supra that has gone 7.75. Both are on 91mm turbos.

As far as 6-speed cars go Supras I believe have gone quicker down the 1/4 then any lsX car I've ever seen or heard of. Infact the fast LsX 6-speed I can think of is n/a built by S.A.M that went 8.75. The supra 6-speed record is 8.49.

Here's the 6-speed record holding supra.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-F7J6O5tnnk&feature=related

Fastest M6 LSX car is SIX SPeed inc (Joe & Amber) who also won 1st place
at Supra's even with N/A Motor against those 1000rwhp+ M6 Supras
Old 05-16-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

LQ9 is not an LSx. And thats still isnt faster than a supra or 350z
haha, 350z. Those aren't even fast. For every 10 second 350z with forced induction there are probably 1000 NA 10 second f-bodies, Corvettes,e tc.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Launching!

top ten reasons this guy is a ricer retard!!!!!!

1. hes high off watching fast and furious
2. drunk of saki
3. talks **** bout two cars he DOESNT OWN!!
4. has an extra chromosome
5. was raised by ewoks
6. goes to import shows decked out in a pacifier and 12 glow sticks
7. plays estrogen inducing trance/asian hip hop from his 350 zed x rb26tt gtr vtech thing
8. claims to be all knowing when it come to cars ....ALL this knowledge is gained just by
reading import magazines and watching internet videos
9. eats sushi
10. has a girlfriend that, whiles hes playing on the internet, is getting it up the tail
pipe by a guy with a ls1 camaro!!!!!!!!

JK
Old 05-16-2008, 06:10 PM
STP
Staging Lane

your a ****** idiot, lq9 block is a iron ls1 block with a bigger bore its like that from the FACTORY so its a factory block. 6 hundred and what ever horse power you made up aint **** double that then come back and pop of your mouth then we might give a ****. torque gets you of the line why do you think diesels make 300hp and 700ft lbs and its not our problem the supra raced him with 200 less hp if he thought he was going to get beat he wouldnt of raced him unless he is a brain dead reject like you.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That motor was not an option for a camaro or trans am. Your suckin on fine feathers now. The point is, your swapping larger stroked out motors and comparing them to 3.0-3.4 liters of displacement. This still isnt enough to run mid 6's and over 215-217mph.
what? W2W has a car running in the 6's.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Launching!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

how bout a 6.40 street legal vette!!
i think he lets off 3 times !!!
Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

This isn't directly related to the original post, but I wanted to help clear up some things about horsepower and torque.

Horsepower and Torque 101

The easiest way to explain it is with an anology to walking (just trust me on this one).

Let's say that torque is like the size of the step taken, RPM's are like how many steps are taken in a minute.

Person number 1 is taking one foot long steps and 20 steps per minute. Person number 2 is taking two foot long steps at 10 steps per minute. Who covered more distance in one minute? The answer is they covered the same distance in the same amount of time. The same amount of work is done in the same amount of time.

Horsepower is equal to the amount of force the engine creates in a revolution (torque) multiplied by how many times that force is created in a certain time period (revolutions per minute).

If engine number one is making twice the torque as engine number two, but engine number two is rotating at twice the RPM's, then they are making the same amount of horsepower at that time. Therefore, they can get the same amount of work done in the same amount of time.

Now, we all know that a car does not make peak Horsepower the entire time the car is floored. Take two identical cars (including having the same gearing) with one having an engine that makes 400 HP and 400 TQ and the second having 400 HP and 200 TQ, the first car will be faster down a quarter mile track or around a race course. The reason being is that the first car is making more horsepower throughout the RPM range due to it having more torque.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Launching!

Supra's are annoying. Just look you can do with a "common" American Muscle car!
Old 05-17-2008, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

What production based iron block? There wasnt an iron LS1, 2, 3 or 7.
There were hundreds of thousands of ls based iron truck motors so they are pretty cheap on top of the fact that they DO exist.

Originally Posted by reject
what else would we do at work?
Damn straight. Work sucks sometimes.

Originally Posted by dailydriver
You seriously could not tell it was Chrissy from his very first post in this thread??
who is Chrissy?
Old 05-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Fastest M6 LSX car is SIX SPeed inc (Joe & Amber) who also won 1st place
at Supra's even with N/A Motor against those 1000rwhp+ M6 Supras
Yes I know who the fastest 6-speed lsX car is. They were kind enough to do a rear end swap on my camaro a couple of years ago. Nothing but the classiest people.

I also saw the video of the final run when he won. He was running consistent all day, ran into the second fastest 6-speed supra in the finals, supra rolled the beams and went red. Still an awesome job of driving by BOTH drivers. And both cars are incredible machines. I'm hoping once I get my camaro up and running Joe will give me some pointers on how to get the best from the set up I am going with.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
There were hundreds of thousands of ls based iron truck motors so they are pretty cheap on top of the fact that they DO exist.

Damn straight. Work sucks sometimes.

who is Chrissy?
O boy! You dont know who chrissy is? He's the biggest ls1tech troll ever. You should meet him some day. Very sexy dude I must say.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why do people care to argue about Car-X v. Car-Y? Supra's are great cars. F-bodys are also great cars.

BTW, fail-safe: Do you have any pictures, videos or other type of documentary evidence that can establish the you own a car? Your sig shows nothing, and I haven't seen you post up any videos of your car. Most people who own fast cars put a lot of time/money into them (such as myself and other respected board members). People who spend time/money on a car tend to want to show it off through pictures and other forms of electronic media. You have failed to do this, so it is logical for me to assume that you don't own the car you claim to own. Just an observation.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by landonew
Why do people care to argue about Car-X v. Car-Y? Supra's are great cars. F-bodys are also great cars.

BTW, fail-safe: Do you have any pictures, videos or other type of documentary evidence that can establish the you own a car? Your sig shows nothing, and I haven't seen you post up any videos of your car. Most people who own fast cars put a lot of time/money into them (such as myself and other respected board members). People who spend time/money on a car tend to want to show it off through pictures and other forms of electronic media. You have failed to do this, so it is logical for me to assume that you don't own the car you claim to own. Just an observation.
X1089983487987234

i love supras and i LOVE camaros. but supras are over rated and way to EXPENSIVE where i live. a 408 with some boost around here would dominate anything. i beat a lot of people around here and all i have is a measily 500rwhp Z28 with an STS **** kit and cam
Old 05-17-2008, 04:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i remember wheel to wheel went 6.80's at over 205+ mph with a production lq9 block, it was not a lsx block
Old 05-17-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Retard

Why bring up torque then, if I cant compare production blocks? The fact is, a 3.0-3.4 liter car has run faster than any production block lsx. So I guess your point about torque is mute at this point.
"Mute" is refraining from producing speech or vocal sound.....or the inability to speak.

"Moot" is the word you're looking for.

As an adjective it means not worthy of consideration or discussion because it has been resolved or no longer needs to be resolved.

If you're gonna talk smack in a non supra forum at least use the right god damn words in the dictionary. Proof that most supra owners are dumb as ****.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by landonew

I only have older vids, nothing newer. But if you know who I am which most people do on here, then you know what I drive.

Quick Reply: 21psi turbo Supra Vs. 12psi Turbo Trans Am WS6