Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

NEED SOME ADVICE ON A SS SPOILER i BOUGHT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEED SOME ADVICE ON A SS SPOILER i BOUGHT!

I bought a ss spoiler off the forum about three weeks ago and the seller shipped it out about two days later. I recieved it and opened it and noticed that both outside corners towards the front of the car were chipped about half an inch all the way to bare fiber glass. The spoiler was shipped in an 8 foot box! im not sure if the spoiler was allready chipped before he shipped it or if it happend in shipping because I only found a very small piece in the bottom of the box. I was told it was in perfect condition. I contacted the guy and he said it was insured for $525 dollors and that he would contact fed-ex to do a claim on it. Well after about a week of me basically begging him to do the claim he finally did so. Fe-ex came and picked the package up to deliver it back to him to do the claim. I called fed-ex back five days after they picked it up to see if they had made a decision on the damages yet and they told me that the shipper (guy I bought it from) has'nt filled out the needed paperwork for the claim yet so it can't even be processed yet! So I get on the phone and call the number on the shipping label and it is a dealership that he works at that shipped it for him. The guy was at lunch but I talked to the guy that does all the shipping for them and said that fed-ex returned the package to them (to finish u the claim) and he told the delivery driver "that they did'nt want it back and to ship it back to me". So now the spoiler is on its way back to me for some dang reason! I asked him when he was going to put the paper work in for the claim and he said he said he is waiting on one more peice of information and then he will do it whatever the heck that means! He told me "he is trying to recover the shipping first" and start to tell me how cheap it would be to fix the spoiler myself (which it is'nt) which means he could give a crap less about my $340 basically useless damaged spoiler! I tried calling the dealership back several times to get ahold of the guy I bought the spoiler from but it is like they are avoiding my calls because I know for a fact they have caller id. So basically it has been about 3 weeks and absolutly nothing has been done about the claim. I think the guy is avoiding the whole situation. He has'nt even signed into the forum sine 5/7/09. What should I do or is there anything I can do other that keep trying to call him and hope he goes through with the claim? What I think should happen is he should have recieved the spoiler back and dealt with the claim himself and refunded my money. It is his problem that he is trying to make mine. Cna I dispute the paypal charges or anything? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

the fedex thing sucks. i had a item get damaged through them and we filed a claim. waited almost a month, the part had showed back up at my place within a week of filing the claim. anywho, after about 6 calls to fedex, we discovered i needed to fill out some extra paperwok for fedex and fax it in, and then within like 3 days the claim was finished. if i would have never kept on it, fedex would have never done anything. It is a painful process, should be much easier than it is. i would keep on the guy and get him to contact fedex like i had to do.

From the sounds of it, the spoiler was already damaged and he doesnt want to file a claim becuase he knows it will just get denied anyways.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I have a good feeling it was allready damaged but who knows
Old 05-17-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Always get pictures before hand.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Teching In

well if he doesn't want to do anything just ask for ur money back not ur fault cuse spoilers is messed up. remember u have 45 days to do anything with pay pal and not sure about ur bank but its about 30 days
Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I know. My mistake. I asked him for pictures but he said he always got home after dark and what-not. I know, lame excuse. I was just trying to hurry up and get him the money so I could snag it because it was the right color and in "perfect" condition. I was too much in a hurry because these spoilers always go quick. I guess I may be paying for it now.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaro19973
well if he doesn't want to do anything just ask for ur money back not ur fault cuse spoilers is messed up. remember u have 45 days to do anything with pay pal and not sure about ur bank but its about 30 days
PayPal refunds are a joke.

Originally Posted by speedfreak2685
Yeah, I know. My mistake. I asked him for pictures but he said he always got home after dark and what-not. I know, lame excuse. I was just trying to hurry up and get him the money so I could snag it because it was the right color and in "perfect" condition. I was too much in a hurry because these spoilers always go quick. I guess I may be paying for it now.
I see your point. If it was listed as perfect, I may have jumped on it too - but I've learned my lesson with a "perfect" set of rims.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

The spoiler should be back to me today so I can get pictures of it then. What are the chances of getting a paypal refund?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

The spoiler should be back to me today so I can get pictures of it then. What are the chances of getting a paypal refund?
Pretty slim.

If the seller can prove he sent the product then normally they will side with him. All he has to say is it was damaged in shipping. PayPal really sucks.

However, if you paid with a credit card using PayPal (not a debit card, or money from your PayPal account) then you MITE be able to get a refund from your Credit Card company. Tell them he sent you a damaged part and you tried to send it back and he just won't take it. You'll have way better chances with your Credit Card company than PayPal.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Well of course I paid with cash through paypal so I guess im screwed there. I've been trying to call him since Friday at his work but they have caller ID and he has been avoiding my calls. I guess im just out of luck on this one! Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited by speedfreak2685; 05-19-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well of course I paid with cash through paypal so I guess im screwed there. I've been trying to call him since Friday at his work but they have caller ID and he has been avoiding my calls. I guess im just out of luck on this one! Anyone else have any ideas?

Or call his boss (somehow) and try to say since it was shipped from his business you will be taking him to court - maybe that will get someone talking.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Counted Out

Or call his boss (somehow) and try to say since it was shipped from his business you will be taking him to court - maybe that will get someone talking.
I forgot all about the *67, lol. I will try that tomorrow. I do have some good news. I just got off the phone with fedex and they said the claim was approved. They said since the spoiler was shipped back to him then that meant that it was damaged and that it was approved. All the guy that I bought the spoiler from has to do is call fedex and arrange the rest of the claim (money). The only thing I hope does'nt happen is that Fedex gives him the money and then he does'nt refund mine. We will see. I guess maybe I could file a paypal claim at that point then if he does'nt issue me a refund. I will keep you guys posted.