Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

I would buy again from Ireland31 after post office screw up.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Default Ireland31

FWIW - I paid for a set of coil packets and rails from Eric several weeks ago and I have never recieved them. He confirmed the MO was recieved and I can post PM if needed. The story goes they were mailed and post office lost them/misplaced them. I've been in contact many times.

I'm not happy with paying you $150 and not getting the parts I paid for. I will post my experience with buying from you in all the necessary threads in an on going as needed basis.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Ireland31
Sorry I havent got back to you sooner, I've been traveling. I talked with the post office and they said there is nothing they can do to track it. They just said that things get misplaced sometimes, or sent to the wrong states, but usually make it to where they are supposed to. I guess all we can do is wait a little bit. Thats about it. I hope they get there soon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent a MO for a set of coil packs and rails. The guy said he got the MO and that he shipped the parts. This was several weeks ago. I have been in constant contact with him via PM's. I still have not got the coil packs or the rails. He said he checked with the post office and there was nothing that could be done.

I'm not happy with paying you $150 and not getting the parts I paid for. I will post my experience with buying from you in all the necessary threads in an on going as needed basis.

Quote:
Sorry I havent got back to you sooner, I've been traveling. I talked with the post office and they said there is nothing they can do to track it. They just said that things get misplaced sometimes, or sent to the wrong states, but usually make it to where they are supposed to. I guess all we can do is wait a little bit. Thats about it. I hope they get there soon.

Any update on the coil packs?

Quote:
I dont mind at all. They should have been there by Tuesday at the lastest. I'll let you know what they have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
Eric,

My address is

xxxxx xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx (edited out)

I appreciate you checking on this. I know it has a long way to travel, I'll let you know if something turns up.

Thanks

Wade

Quote:
Wade, can you give me your zip code, I have a receipt from the post office of when I shipped them with about 8 things on it...was it 28056 or 46254? I'll go to the post office in the morning. It was shipped on the 14th. Sorry about this.

Eric

Quote:
Eric,

Still no package. Do you have a tracking number? Could you check on this please?

Wade

Quote:
Wade,

I sent them priority mail through the post office. They should be there today at the latest. Keep me posted if they dont show and I'll see what I can do at the post office.

Eric

Quote:
Do you have a tracking number for the coil packets. I'd like to know when to be on the look out for them.

Thanks

Wade

Quote:
Wade,

No problem, I'll have them boxed and ready to go for you and I'll send the tracking number when I ship them. Thanks again.

Eric

QUOTE=99 Black Bird T/A]I have the MO in hand will mail tomorrow...sorry for the delay but the local post officed locked the door @4:30 the next closest one did the same thing at 4:45 when I got there.

Wade

Quote:

Quote:
Are they in good working order?

I'll take them for $150 if so.

[/quote]
Old 11-27-2003, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Ireland31

I sent a MO for a set of coil packs and rails. The guy said he got the MO and that he shipped the parts. This was several weeks ago. I have been in constant contact with him via PM's. I still have not got the coil packs or the rails. He said he checked with the post office and there was nothing that could be done.

Quote:

Any update on the coil packs?

Quote:
I dont mind at all. They should have been there by Tuesday at the lastest. I'll let you know what they have to say.

Quote:
Eric,

My address is

xxxxx xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx (edited out)

I appreciate you checking on this. I know it has a long way to travel, I'll let you know if something turns up.

Thanks

Wade

Quote:
Wade, can you give me your zip code, I have a receipt from the post office of when I shipped them with about 8 things on it...was it 28056 or 46254? I'll go to the post office in the morning. It was shipped on the 14th. Sorry about this.

Eric

Quote:
Eric,

Still no package. Do you have a tracking number? Could you check on this please?

Wade

Quote:
Wade,

I sent them priority mail through the post office. They should be there today at the latest. Keep me posted if they dont show and I'll see what I can do at the post office.

Eric

Quote:
Do you have a tracking number for the coil packets. I'd like to know when to be on the look out for them.

Thanks

Wade

Quote:
Wade,

No problem, I'll have them boxed and ready to go for you and I'll send the tracking number when I ship them. Thanks again.

Eric

QUOTE=99 Black Bird T/A]I have the MO in hand will mail tomorrow...sorry for the delay but the local post officed locked the door @4:30 the next closest one did the same thing at 4:45 when I got there.

Wade

Quote:

Quote:
Are they in good working order?

I'll take them for $150 if so.

[/quote]
Old 11-27-2003, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And how am I a bad seller? As you can all see, there are all of the PM's. There is no reason for this to be posted on the board. They were shipped on November 14th at the post office, priority mail. I have the receipt, and I have been in constant contact with you via PM. Are you kidding me? What do you want me to do about it? Search through every post office in the country for the package? Its been less than two weeks since they were shipped and it is holiday season. I'll refund your money, but Im not going to do it right now. You need to relax and give it some time. Posting on the board will not get you anywhere, I've had an impeccable record here since Ive been on this board (several years) as well as other boards. I will take action against you for any losses sustained due to you posting this on the board without even so much as asking me about a refund or anything else. I highly advised you against this.

Last edited by Ireland31; 11-28-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:00 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

I will take action against you for any losses sustained due to you posting this on the board without even so much as asking me about a refund or anything else. I highly advised you against this.[/QUOTE]

Uhh...what do you think you are going to do? What CAN you do?
Old 11-27-2003, 06:00 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

I will take action against you for any losses sustained due to you posting this on the board without even so much as asking me about a refund or anything else. I highly advised you against this.
Uhh...what do you think you are going to do? What CAN you do?
Old 11-27-2003, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

He can possibly sue for defamation of character and loss of income if he is a business owner or can prove he lost income because of the guys bad report and he can prove he didn't scam the guy. It will cost a lot of money for legal fees and take a long time to settle, so unless he has money to spend and time to waste I doubt he will do much. The USPS does lose parts as well as UPS. It does happen, happened to me once for the USPS and once with UPS (Never send a package by UPS, crappy customer service).
Old 11-28-2003, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 2000REDZ28T56
Never send a package by UPS, crappy customer service.
Hmmph, UPS are the best thing since sliced bread in my area compared to FedEx. Three times now, Fedex drivers haven't been able to find my house and I live in town with a house number on the mailbox and by the front door. They've lost a package sent to my wife. They also argued with me and my wife about GM parts being sent to my house saying something to the effect of "Well this can't be right, this is a GM truck grille and we never deliver this stuff to individual houses only the dealerships." They wouldn't deliver it so I had to go down to the office and pick it up myself. I also had another package that was supposed to be sent along with the grille and they said they couldn't locate it. So I went home and shortly after the phone rings, it's FedEx. They tell me "We found the package, it was in the holding room with your grille the whole time, do you want to come back and pick it up or do you want us to drop it off?" I replied "Hmm, let's see, you're in the business of shipping packages what do you think you should do?"

Sorry for the rant and hijacking this thread.
Old 11-28-2003, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

And how am I a bad seller? As you can all see, there are all of the PM's. There is no reason for this to be posted on the board. They were shipped on November 14th at the post office, priority mail. I have the receipt, and I have been in constant contact with you via PM. Are you kidding me? [/QUOTE]

Your a bad seller in this instance because I sent you a MO which you accepted and a reasonable amount of time has passed and I still don't have any parts.

I've bought a lot of stuff on this board and you are the first person there has been a problem with.

What do you want me to do about it? Search through every post office in the country for the package? Its been less than two weeks since they were shipped and it is holiday season.
I'll refund your money, but Im not going to do it right now. You need to relax and give it some time.
Consider this an offical request for a refund. I want a prompt refund that's what I want you to do about it.

Did you mess up and ship the stuff to the wrong address? You weren't certain of my zip in the above post. It's about three days by priorty mail, it's been more than long enough.

Posting on the board will not get you anywhere, I've had an impeccable record here since Ive been on this board (several years) as well as other boards.
I'm not questioning your prior record, I'm questioning this occurance. What do you expect me to do? As for your record if you care about then make this right with a prompt refund. If it was shipped by priorty mail on the 14th it should have been here on the 17th. The Post Office told me 2-3 days. If you shipped on the 14th it should have been here about ten days ago.

I will take action against you for any losses sustained due to you posting this on the board without even so much as asking me about a refund or anything else.you posting this on the board without even so much as asking me about a refund or anything else.
I'm not deflaming your character by stating the facts that I paid you for something you did not deliver. If you don't like that then take care of the issue with prompt refund and this will be closed. Should the parts ever arrive I will promptly return them to you.

If you want to get pissy about it, I can too. If you want to go legal about this instead of resolve it. Taking money thru the mail and not delivering what was promised could in many instances be considered mail fraud...

I highly advised you against this.
Bold faced lie, you at no point advised me in any way about posting this issue until after it was posted.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Jsmith-UPS here at least is pretty bad. I e mailed them about the lost package and got a quick response and a phone call. I explained the situation very calmly and they said they'd make sure to find the package. For the next four days they kept calling and I had to explain the whole thing all over again, it was a different person each day also. They are clueless and should have known the facts by the 2nd call at least. I kept getting the same crap every time to, "We are looking into it", "we will do our best", etc.. Finally two weeks after it should have been here they adnmit they lost it and say I should go after the shipper for my money, which is BS since he didn't lose it. Supposedly they sent a check to the shipper and he will send me a refund, I hope they follow through so I can get my money back. I have never sent anything by Fed Ex but have never had them lose anything or be late when I was shipped something through them. At least the USPS gives you a refund if they lose something.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:31 PM
Banned

Do you know what the word libel means? I have proof that the parts were shipped. You did not pay for shipping, nor did you pay me to insure them. I asked you for you're zip code because I had several packages that were sent at the same time on the same receipt. I do have the money and a lawyer at no expense to me because of my employment so I will pursue it if necessary.

Since we're on the subject, who's to say you didnt recieve the coils and are just trying to get them for free by getting a refund? Do you have any evidence to prove you never recieved them? It is not mail fraud as I have evidence to show they were shipped. As of now, I WILL NOT refund you you're money, and by your actions I will probably never refund you your money as I am not obligated to. I held up my end of the bargain with evidence that I did and you did not pay for shipping nor insurance.

I advised about not posting a thread to you after reading your first PM, but since you didnt feel the need to try to work anything out with me or even discuss anything with me privately, you posted this thread 15 minutes later as I read you're next PM.

As far as UPS goes, the biggest joke of a company around here Ive ever had to deal with. I would never ship UPS, nor would I want anyone to ship UPS to me.
Old 11-28-2003, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what the word libel means? I have proof that the parts were shipped. You did not pay for shipping, nor did you pay me to insure them. I asked you for you're zip code because I had several packages that were sent at the same time on the same receipt. I do have the money and a lawyer at no expense to me because of my employment so I will pursue it if necessary.

Since we're on the subject, who's to say you didnt recieve the coils and are just trying to get them for free by getting a refund? Do you have any evidence to prove you never recieved them? It is not mail fraud as I have evidence to show they were shipped. As of now, I WILL NOT refund you you're money, and by your actions I will probably never refund you your money as I am not obligated to. I held up my end of the bargain with evidence that I did and you did not pay for shipping nor insurance.

I advised about not posting a thread to you after reading your first PM, but since you didnt feel the need to try to work anything out with me or even discuss anything with me privately, you posted this thread 15 minutes later as I read you're next PM.

As far as UPS goes, the biggest joke of a company around here Ive ever had to deal with. I would never ship UPS, nor would I want anyone to ship UPS to me.
IMO, as an outside opinion, you are responsible for delivery of the parts you sold him as long as they were supposed to be shipped to him (agreed to in the deal). Why in the world anyone would ever ship anything without a tracking number (FedEx, UPS, etc) or delivery confirmation (available from USPS, ~$.85 I think) is beyond me. UPS' customer service aside, their tracking system is perfect (at least that I have seen). You owe him a refund of some kind, something that is mutually agreeable to the both of you. Your uncertainty of which package was even his, which zipcode he was in, makes you look like someone who *could* have mixed up a package, sent one to the wrong place, etc. Either way, he should have had the package by now if you sent it "several weeks ago".

As far as "libel", you're gonna have a hard time proving that his claims were false or malicious in nature, one of the prerequisites of a libel claim. Your attitude on this matter makes you a "bad seller", regardless of what has transpired to this point, IMO. Your "double talk" and threats make you look petty and vindictive, neither of which are traits of an honest or fair person. Put yourself in his shoes....You are not out $150, he is, you'd be pissed, too. Sometimes the BBS needs to be run on an "honor system", meaning you (as the seller) should do what is morally and ethically right. Somethings are worth more than $150 to some people.....
Old 11-29-2003, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your fully aware the feedback forum exists for giving good and bad feedback based on direct experience with the people and businesses in question. If you can't accept honest this feedback, maybe it's time to change the way you sell stuff and at least get a tracking number.

It seems to me that since the board has a feedback forum for Buyers and Sellers and your obviously aware of it, you've defacto agreed to accept feedback from the people that buy from you. Your a seller that means people can post feedback about dealing with you. That's why their is a forum for this sort of stuff. Good or bad, I've given my feedback from dealing with you. Your attitude says volumes. Nothing malicious in stating what happened, if you look bad, you only have yourself to blame. My postings are limited to this board as this is where the problem with you occured.

Rattle the legal saber all you want because by selling stuff on a board that has a feedback forum you've agreed to accept feedback. It's a condition of doing business.

Go legal on me for posting the facts of my direct experience in dealing with you, I'm sure that will really entice people to buy from you in the future.

How do I prove they didn't arrive? I guess by calling up Valvegod or my local Pontaic dealer, like I should have in the first place and ordering a set of coil packs and rails. I will post according and demonstrate, I had to buy another set of coil packets AFTER I paid you for a set you didn't deliver. I think that will go a long way in showing what I'm saying is absolutely true.

A few of the outstanding sellers I've deal with are listed below. I would highly recommend anyone buy from the as they were fair, honest and helpful.

Candlebandit - $2200 for an LS1/A4 drive line. He told me it was good when it came out of his car. I took the chance and bought it. A pulley was damaged in delivery. Within two days a replacement pulley arrived! He's an excellent seller because he delivered what was paid for a take out LS1/A4. Turned out the engine sat long enough leak down was bad. It will have to be re-ringed. I've not got one bad word to say about Candle, he told me up front what the deal was and how long the engine sat.

Badz - $600 for Jesel rockers with in the last few weeks. They showed up on time and in exactly the condition he said they would. Excellent seller no issues.

AdamSSexy- $400 Yank torque converter he said was in new condition. Other than having tranny fluid in it, you'd think it was new. Great seller no issues.

Classic - I bought a set of ported LS6 heads for $1500 from. Everything worked out fine as I got the parts and they were as Brandon said they would be.

My point is I have a lot of better things to do with getting my current project finished than to try to cheat you out of a measly $150. I think it should also be clear I can afford to buy parts and don't have to try and cheat sellers.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

After scowering several local post offices, I located the package today.

I do not view Ireland31 as a bad seller, since the parts arrived.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Ireland31 - Update

I checked several post offices in my area and found them today. Package was mailed on 11/14/03 per sellers prior statement. Box was marked on side 11/27/03. After this experience I highly recommend getting a tracking number on anything shipped via post office or whatever.

I would purchase again from Ireland31, with the understanding a track number would be provided. Coil packs and rails in good condition as described.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 11-29-2003 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default I would buy again from Ireland31 after post office screw up.

I would purchase again from Ireland31, with the understanding a track number would be provided. Coil packs and rails in good condition as described. Likewise after this experience I highly recommend getting a tracking number on anything shipped via post office or whatever.

I checked several post offices in my area today. At each location they insisted there was nothing they could do etc without a tracking number. At the last post office they checked the shelf and found the package. Package was mailed on 11/14/03 per sellers prior statement by priorty mail. Box was marked on side 11/27/03. Post Office didn't provide notice of package via pink slip etc, maybe it would have arrived Monday if I hadn't found it today.

Quick Reply: I would buy again from Ireland31 after post office screw up.