Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Seller Beware: DirtyMoe77

Old 01-16-2012, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seller Beware: DirtyMoe77

Hey all,

I sold a set of valve covers to DirtyMoe77 on 1/9/2012 for $35. He promptly sent payment and I confirmed a couple of days later and also informed him that I would ship by the weekend.

On Thursday I got everything boxed up and ready to go, but USPS was already closed as was UPS, so I set the box aside for drop off at the USPS box by my house today.

Well, I went to my shop to look for the box and couldn't find it. I searched everywhere but nothing. I'm sure it's somewhere, but we're a huge body shop so sometimes personal stuff gets brushed aside.

Anyway, I PM'd him tonight letting him know of my findings and that he could either wait for me to look or I could refund him.

Then, he posts this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...vidphumes.html

I refunded him right after he sent me a nasty email saying I was a piece of work.

Bottom line: avoid selling to this guy. He has some pretty unrealistic expectations and is clearly difficult to please (even after setting clear expectations about shipment dates, etc.). If you can ship within an hour of receiving payment, you'll probably be fine selling to him.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Yea I read the other thread and Dirtymoe sounds like a major ****. I would avoid doing business with him.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Teching In

When I sell something, I ship it next day. Nobody wants to wait 2 weeks for there parts. I also communicate with the buyer. If I told someone I was going to ship something on the weekend that would mean Saturday as everything is closed Sunday...so your really going to ship on Monday. I don't wait a week to ship ****, and if you do...then yes, don't sell to me. Or at least put it in your post that your really busy and it could take you up to ten days just to ship. Then people won't think they are getting scammed. Which happens all the time on here. My post alone had two or three guys with issues. People are jumpy for a reason.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i havent read the other thread but, if im selling something i make sure i send that stuff out as soon as the buyer sends me payment. ive been in situations where the seller is great at answering pm's and such while we're going back and forth and what do u know as soon as the payment is made u dont hear **** for like days. always happens on here for some reason why i dont know. i have a full time job as well and i make sure stuff gets sent out on here or the many other forums im on. whatever your selling make sure its all ready to go and ready to be shipped plain and simple. bottom line if its not written in the post on when or how the seller is going to send it out, i always assume its getting sent out as soon as the payment is made and not like a week later. if you pay asap then id like to get my **** asap as well.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dirtymoe77
When I sell something, I ship it next day. Nobody wants to wait 2 weeks for there parts. I also communicate with the buyer. If I told someone I was going to ship something on the weekend that would mean Saturday as everything is closed Sunday...so your really going to ship on Monday. I don't wait a week to ship ****, and if you do...then yes, don't sell to me. Or at least put it in your post that your really busy and it could take you up to ten days just to ship. Then people won't think they are getting scammed. Which happens all the time on here. My post alone had two or three guys with issues. People are jumpy for a reason.
No, it had one guy who bought lifters from me that are en route to him. Your reading comprehension is evidently not your strong point.

I told Moe that I couldn't send until the weekend and he DID NOT RESPOND until I PM'd him last night informing him that I'd misplaced his box. If he had a problem with it I would have refunded him on Wednesday, but he never mentioned it.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Apparently Moe has jumped the gun in the past as well: https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...ml#post5731701
Old 01-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Teching In

For someone who is so busy they can't make it to the post office in less than a week you sure do seem to have a lot of time to play on your computer and post.

And as far as outlaw is concerned. I had to bring my car to another shop to fix the stuff he screwed up. Don't bring up **** you know nothing about.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dirtymoe77
For someone who is so busy they can't make it to the post office in less than a week you sure do seem to have a lot of time to play on your computer and post.

And as far as outlaw is concerned. I had to bring my car to another shop to fix the stuff he screwed up. Don't bring up **** you know nothing about.
I work in IT and it's a Federal Holiday, most of our customers are closed
Old 01-18-2012, 06:00 AM
10 Second Club

Dirty mo is a ******* **** face......
Old 01-18-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DavidPHumes
Apparently Moe has jumped the gun in the past as well: https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...ml#post5731701
not picking sides.......just saying.

i also had problems with tony @ outlaw motorsports.

he blew my 13000 mile motor up in my 2000 SS after they left a rag in my oil pan during a cam swap.......on the dyno,it spun a few crank bearings from starvation of lack of oil due to the rag being sucked up in the oil pick up.

about 6 months later i got my car back after going round & round with tony on who was gonna fix it,i sure & the hell was not gonna pay for repairs.

he finally did after telling me, why did this have to happen to you(a guy that keeps his cars looking like new) & not one of those kids that beat the **** out of there cars.....i told him well you are the only person to ever work on it,so there is no one else to blame.......

i was a good customer up to that point.

good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seller Beware: DirtyMoe77