Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Ordered lifters from Mystery Bird and only recieved half

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordered lifters from Mystery Bird and only recieved half

I hate to do this, I truly do, but I feel I have been scammed.

Mystery Bird listed a set of low mileage LS7 lifters. I purchased them from him through paypal. I received a sealed unopened box in the mail. In the box, was only 8 lifters. I contacted the seller, and he said he would file a claim. He said he could prove he shipped all of them, but never sent me any such proof.

His resolution was to attempt to sell me some LS1 lifters for $15.

I am starting a Paypal dispute to get my money back. I would just like to share this little warning.

I really do feel as though I have been scammed.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...ters-sold.html

Last edited by cttandy; 02-21-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you got to be kidding me, you never even asked me to show you proof. I will post picture of receipt when I get home. I do everything possible to work with people if they're unhappy. You didn't even try or give me a chance. I don't see how I'm resposible for lost or damaged shipping, it's a disclaimer that everyone uses.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mystery Bird
Wow, you got to be kidding me, you never even asked me to show you proof. I will post picture of receipt when I get home. I do everything possible to work with people if they're unhappy. You didn't even try or give me a chance. I don't see how I'm resposible for lost or damaged shipping, it's a disclaimer that everyone uses.

I gave you a week to resolve the issue. You resolution was to attempt to sell me more stuff that I don't need.

I have witnesses that were at my office when the package came, and I opened it in front of them. The box was completely sealed and never opened.

Please continue any further responses to me here, or through paypal. I won't respond to any PM's.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cttandy
Paypal is dpoplask@verizon.net,
thanks,
Dave
I got a box with 8 lifters in it, where is the other 8.
I put two baggies with 8 each in the same box.
There was only 8 in one bag, did you perhaps forget to stick the second bag in the box?
If the box was damaged and the other bag fell out I will file a claim.

Have you looked where you packed the box to see if you left them sitting there?

Was there tape across the opening? I remember taping it up but didnt' see any in the pictures.
No tape on it, just sealed with the sticky on the box.
I just found some absolute proof that I shipped all 16. We'll see what happens.
Keep me updated
I've been thinking about what to do over the weekend, I went to file a claim and they said couldn't do it on that type of package. Probably because I didn't purchase insurance on it. I'm torn because I don't want to get screwed and I don't want you to feel like I screwed you. I did ship them both out. I know this because on my reciept it says the package weighed exactly what 16 lifters weigh. If you look at most companies there's a disclaimer stating not responsible for lost or damaged shipping. I feel this should apply here as well. I can offer you another set of stock LS1 lifters with 38k on them for $15 shipped to help out if you want?
Dave
Got to be honest here, I really feel like I am being scammed. The package was sealed, with only 8 in there. I will just file a claim on paypal.
Look at all my feedback from anywhere, Ebay cz28.com ls1lt1.com. I am not a scammer. I kind of feel the same about you. I have proof I shipped all 16.
Feel free to post that proof here

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...eved-half.html
Why would you do such a thing without even trying to work with me or believe what I'm saying?

I am really not trying to be a dick here, but I truely feel as though I have been scammed and want either my lifters or my money.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

I think most carriers automatically insure up to $100 free of charge.

But if there were no holes, or damage to the box, I don't think a claim will be honored.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

I just walked over to the post office (across the street from my office) and got a weight of 2 lbs 4.7oz on their scales.

Post up a picture of your receipt.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Everything has been submitted to Paypal. I'm sorry it came to this. I also apologize for stating I feel you the same about you. It was said in haste and that is wrong.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

If you want me to leave you good feed back here, and have your reputation restored, you still need to post that receipt.

If you can prove that you shipped them, then I will have a mod remove this post.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

paypal will side with buyers 99.999 percent of the time, so you're better off just pleading your case here, to be honest.

i've been in the packing/shipping game for a good 8 years, and IF you were able to fit the 16 lifters loosely in the bags into that cardboard, you reached the limit of the adhesive, and the box likely fell apart in the USPS Sorting facility.

I am still having a bit of trouble believing there were 2 bags of lifters in that box, though.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Here is his response to paypal

: I have a receipt proving I shipped all 16 lifters as described. I'm not resposible for lost, missing, or damaged items due to shipping. I offered buyer a substitue product at a reduced price to help out. No response just stating I'm a scammer. I sell on multiple forums, and Ebay and always try to make things right. I have 100% postive feedback on all forums and Ebay. Buyer didn't even want to work just opened a claim.

still sounds like a scam to me.

When I sell something, I am responsible for it until it is in the buyer's hands. For that reason, I insure everything unless I am willing to pay back out of my pocket.

Also (didn't mention it earlier) when I talked to the post office, they said that since this is a flat rate box, that there wouldn't be a weight on the receipt. He said it wasn't totally unlikely, but highly unlikely. Maybe it is different from post office to post office, but I don't think it is going to have a weight posted on it.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lol, he has no idea. Paypal will hold him responsible for missing or lost items. He should have put insurance on. He will lose the PayPal dispute. In all honesty, there's no way he could prove that they were in there. "The box weighed exactly what 16 lifters weighed?" Seriously...lmfao..

Btw. That sticky stuff on the boxes is pretty damn strong. Unless he reused the box, there's no way it would come undone from being tossed around...

Last edited by PACKERSz28Camaro; 02-21-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 AM
10 Second Club

If you want me to leave you good feed back here, and have your reputation restored, you still need to post that receipt.

If you can prove that you shipped them, then I will have a mod remove this post.
I honestly shipped them all. I'm praying that the missing lifters where ever they are surface ASAP. I'm not trying to scam you, if I was I wouldn't have spent extra on a delivery confirmation, actually if someone was scamming they wouldn't go through the trouble of even sending them, just take the money and run. I've been buying and selling for over ten years and this is the first time this has happened. I'm here, not hidding.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

I honestly shipped them all. I'm praying that the missing lifters where ever they are surface ASAP. I'm not trying to scam you, if I was I wouldn't have spent extra on a delivery confirmation, actually if someone was scamming they wouldn't go through the trouble of even sending them, just take the money and run. I've been buying and selling for over ten years and this is the first time this has happened. I'm here, not hidding.

What is that that says 2 lbs 5 oz at the top of that receipt?
Old 02-22-2012, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

What is that that says 2 lbs 5 oz at the top of that receipt?
That is from another item I shipped, injectors.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

That is from another item I shipped, injectors.
Seems awfully strange to me that, that is almost the exact weight of the box I received.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

The lifters shipped to you start with the line that shows your address and ends with PVI. Just like the item above that ends with the PVI. You can go weigh 8 stock injectors and that is the weight you'll get.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

I think I am going to have to stick to my guns on this one. I was almost ready to fold when I saw that at the top.

Let's let paypal sort this one out and move on.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Do you want to see the full reciept? I was protecting the privacy of others address by only showing what was shipped to you. I am here to help, what else do you need from me? There were three items shipped that day, one, I shipped a stock balancer for free to help out a fellow member who bought from me before and was out of money, two, I shipped a set of stock injectors again to someone that has bought from me before, that is the one you're seeing a partial of the receipt, and three was the lifters to you.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

If you shipped them or not, you are still responsible as the seller to insure proper shipment. You say you shipped them, and I don't see any solid evidence of that. Let's let the readers make their own opinion and let paypal decide how this get's resolved.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Baltimore Whore

Tuff call. The box could have very possibly busted open, have seen this before. USPS is horrible in the way they handle items. But ultimately it is the shippers responsibility to ensure the items will make it safely. Guy seems to be stand up, but again it is on him if his package busted. Hope you get it taking care of man. Pay pal will more then likely take care of you in this case. I know Andy is a stand up guy, is in no way trying to hose anybody here.. Hope it all gets resolved.

Quick Reply: Ordered lifters from Mystery Bird and only recieved half