Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

$50 Granatelli Lids on EBAY....USE EXTREME CAUTION.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $50 Granatelli Lids on EBAY....USE EXTREME CAUTION.

Pics to be posted later

I purchased a lid from granatelli's ebay store for 50 bucks plus 12 shipping. Heck of a deal I thought at the time. The lid would not fit on without me modifying my radiator shroud. It also looked as if a 3 year old hacked away at it with a knife. I called granatelli and spoke with Alex. He was going to make everything alright. Later I called back to check on my return and JR GRANATELLI told me he could not give me a full refund. He offered 40 bucks. Then he offered 40 bucks and $55 store credit. I just wanted to return the defective lid for a full refund. He said NO. JR GRANATELLI later told me that I was supposed to get different bellows (how this makes the lid fit I do not understand) and that I would have to force it on and when my engine heated up it would form to my airbox creating a perfect seal. It sounds like a load of bullsh*t to me.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM??????

BTW a paypal claim had to opened.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Pics???
Old 11-16-2010, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Default Picture was taken right out of the box.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

W
T
F???!?!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Damn !
Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

So much for "quality control"...
Old 11-17-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had to grind the **** out of my SLP lid to get it to fit over my MAF. If it seals, and looks good from the outside i wouldnt worry about it. $50 is a decent price. However, i would be uber pissed if they refused me my money back
Old 11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

finally got my full refund today with paypal. granatelli didn't fight the claim. they also did not want it back. hello dumpster.....
Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

Obviously if they didn't want it back and refunded your money they know they fu**** up!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like an overseas sub contractor did sub par work and their dumping them for cheap on ebay?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Looks like an overseas sub contractor did sub par work and their dumping them for cheap on ebay?
Agreed.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would just polish the edges, use a heat gun to get it to fit... im sure you know that pretty much every lid out there has some sort of fucked up fit.. if it will seal and it looks good on the outside, id run it... if your going to throw it away, ill take it off your hands.. ill pay shipping and even give you a couple of bucks for your trouble..
Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Default Never "Granatelli" again

I've purchased 2 Granetelli products. The second one a fuel pump that was advertised as bolt in. Far from bolt in. Not to mention it was actually a walboro pump. Walboro was stamped on the side. Granitelli sells for twice the price of a "walboro" pump.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by T/A Johnson
I've purchased 2 Granetelli products. The second one a fuel pump that was advertised as bolt in. Far from bolt in. Not to mention it was actually a walboro pump. Walboro was stamped on the side. Granitelli sells for twice the price of a "walboro" pump.
almost all of the aftermarket in tank pumps are manufactured by walboro. i work for a major performance part store, we pulled a bunch of different brands of pumps and they all were walboro pumps. ford motorsports, granetelli, holly, trickflow all stamped walboro, all had the same flow rate, just a few minor differences between them
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

FWIW I bought the exact same one in an ebay auction and it took aggression for it to go on but the slam and shove method worked and it fits nice and tight. The MAF slid in easily and I had zero fitment issues after working with it a little. And yes it looked exactly the same underneath as that one? What air filter are you using and did you remove the inner tray from your airbox?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the_blue_rider84
Pics to be posted later

I purchased a lid from granatelli's ebay store for 50 bucks plus 12 shipping. Heck of a deal I thought at the time. The lid would not fit on without me modifying my radiator shroud. It also looked as if a 3 year old hacked away at it with a knife. I called granatelli and spoke with Alex. He was going to make everything alright. Later I called back to check on my return and JR GRANATELLI told me he could not give me a full refund. He offered 40 bucks. Then he offered 40 bucks and $55 store credit. I just wanted to return the defective lid for a full refund. He said NO. JR GRANATELLI later told me that I was supposed to get different bellows (how this makes the lid fit I do not understand) and that I would have to force it on and when my engine heated up it would form to my airbox creating a perfect seal. It sounds like a load of bullsh*t to me.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM??????

BTW a paypal claim had to opened.
1. you said we were cool - now you are flipping this all around
2. you fail to mention you purchase a lid to fit a stock size MAF but instead tried to jam the oversize SLP, LS1 Truck, GMS Econo style meter in the hole - so basically the oversized meter.
3. I told you I would send you the proper lid to fit that meter and at that point you admitted you already purchased a SLP lid.

Now you are paint the pic as if we let you down - that is not the case. I agree you admit I offered you $40 back on teh 50.oo purchase plus I offered another 55 for a total of a $95.00 credit towards a $50.00 purchase

Who is wanted a $95.00 refund for a $55.00 purchase - I guess the line will be long

We need more GMS like companies that put the owner on the line to make the customer happy - I never hid behind Alex

Alex came to me and said, "J.R. some guy is on the phone and says if we don't give him his 50 bucks he claims he will spam us on the web - I offered $95.00 and you still flamed - Go Figure
Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the_blue_rider84
2 more quick notes

you kept the part and still you want a refund

note this is the only 1 pcs lid on the market - all others have a glued top and bottom that will ultimately seperate - ours can't
Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by deelong4002
I had to grind the **** out of my SLP lid to get it to fit over my MAF. If it seals, and looks good from the outside i wouldnt worry about it. $50 is a decent price. However, i would be uber pissed if they refused me my money back
They did not refuse - they offered more then he paid plus he kept the part
Old 12-17-2010, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by T/A Johnson
Come on you are just jumping on the bandwagon here - kick the kid while hee is down. EVERYONE knows the pumps come from Walbro - We are the largest Walbro GM pump distributors in the aftermarket

here is what we tell the customer

Fits 1982-02 V-8 Camaros & Firebirds
Direct OEM replacement
Adds fuel system system capacity necessary to support high horsepower
255L fuel pumps supports up to 775 flywheel HP at 65psi.
Includes all necessary hardware (does not include fuel lines)
Installs in approximately 3-4 hours (requires special tools to disconnect fuel system and lower fuel tank). NOTE: Some models require additional modifications for proper fitment
Old 12-17-2010, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by skimms98
FWIW I bought the exact same one in an ebay auction and it took aggression for it to go on but the slam and shove method worked and it fits nice and tight. The MAF slid in easily and I had zero fitment issues after working with it a little. And yes it looked exactly the same underneath as that one? What air filter are you using and did you remove the inner tray from your airbox?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $50 Granatelli Lids on EBAY....USE EXTREME CAUTION.