Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Parts not paid for by cjcullom

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts not paid for by cjcullom

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-bearings.html

I sold the block and main caps to this forum member, cjcullom. It was negotiated via text and phone calls that I would meet him about an hour from my home to deliver the block. He asked if I could meet his friend instead of him. I agreed to. The day before I was to meet his friend he noticed in the original posting that I also had the oil pan and additional parts for sale. I informed him that I had the oil pan baffle and pick up tube available. He offered me an additional $70 for these parts. However, he said he already gave the money for the block to his friend who is already in route to meet me. And he would need to send me a money order the following Monday on a Gentlemans handshake. I agreed and delivered the engine block main caps oil pan baffle and pick up tube as agreed.

A few days later when I asked him if you had sent the payment for the pan he replied, "do you have the oil pan bolts in the main cap bolts?" I told him I did not. Then today when I asked him again if he sent out payment, he said that because he did not get any of the bolts he thinks we should call it even.

I disagreed and ask him to send me back the oil pan baffle and pick up tube. He then started saying that the bottom of the oil pan had 3 g of metal shavings in it. I told him that was absolutely possible given that it sat on my garage floor for the last four months. The oil pan was absolutely filthy and still had burnt oil in it. I even told him this before he offered the $70 for the pan. I asked him several times did you ship me back the pan the baffle in the pick up to but his final reply was for me to come and get it myself so he could kick my ***. Thankfully I documented the majority of this transaction via text.

If any other members can offer a suggestion on how this could be resolved I would greatly appreciate it. I guess the moral of the story is a gentleman's agreement just doesn't exist with certain people.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Teching In

I specifically said oil pan baffle and pick up to. See attached picture from texts.
Attached Thumbnails Parts not paid for by cjcullom-image-1747813601.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Cjcullom insists that the thread says that oil pan bolts are included. Clearly it does not. Nor did my text messages. I even let him pick his price on the oil pan baffle and pick up tube.
Attached Thumbnails Parts not paid for by cjcullom-image-3860078404.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Attached Thumbnails Parts not paid for by cjcullom-image-4028079788.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Teching In

"Though dost protest too much".....and now I know why. Before I refute your bogus claim let me thank you for mentioning my clinic/family/daughter in your rant. A police report has been filed and your threats will no longer be ignored and will only aid in your prosecution. They have your messages and phone log that reeks of hatred.
Your cherry picked selected txt comments tell only one side....as do the pics in your for sale ad for the block. WHY WERE THERE NO CYLINDER SHOTS ON THE BLOCK! My machinist told me why and others can figure it out.
The block also was sent with NO main bearing cap bolts because seller said they were TTY and needed to be not included because they were a one time use item....not informed but he is now. The $70 truck pan was to be complete(I asked specifically about bolts...he never said, "it doesn't have bolts") but had engine metal in it from the block(I bought) he said it came off of which is at the machinist now...so it needs the ridge removed(bored$250) and magnafluxed($75) from all the metal in the pan AND $100 in GM main bolts to make block complete. I am out $775 to get the block usable!!
Payment for the incomplete oilpan was offered if the Main bolts were provided and I would eat the pan shipping and machine work as I made the mistake of trusting sight unseen.
Seller was nasty, and yes, I mentioned an attitude adjustment if he comes around my family....that still stands! A refund with your "burnt oil" laden oilpan full of engine metal in exchange for my main bolts ....that still stands.
Again, my mistake for not viewing the block before paying for it. The burning in my backside, comes from having to pay almost $800 for a block. I have pics of the rust pitted cylinders, oil pan engine debris and will have machine work receipts for those that need to question character...my feedback is 100% everywhere I trade and welcome a pm to verify anything I have mentioned. As for the seller....please keep sending your rants....as I said earlier "Thou dost protest to much"
Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Teching In

You didn't have one gripe about the block until today. You sent a friend to meet me. He didn't even want to inspect it when I asked him to. If you're not happy with the block, i'll take it back for a full refund. I'll meet your friend or you at the same place. You had every opportunity to ask questions, ask for pictures, anything. It's an iron block. YES, the lifter valley area is tan. Exposed Iron will get surface rust. You could eat off of that block otherwise. I wrote in the add it had 110k miles and was unmachined. What did you expect? It was advertised as an excellent condition untouched block.

It doesn't make sense. As soon as I said I'd refund you, you then said the block was already being machined. I insisted on PayPal and you insisted on cash. You have not paid as agreed for the pan. I gave your friend the pan. You now have the pan. Eithet pay me or just ship it back.

I told you the pan was filthy. I never said any pan bolts were included. I drove an hour to meet your friend. I gave him the pan because you promised to send me the money after. COD. I'm even offering a full refund.

Now your holding the pan ransome. This doesn't make sense.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Teching In

I even wrote in the add, "no machine work has been done to the block". If you're doing a straight rebuild, that block is perfect as sold. IT WAS A RUNNING ENGINE.

Why not post up some pics of the block in its poor condition???

""I bought this as a complete and running motor from a local salvage yard. I have the vin tag and verified it's a 2001 LQ4 6.0l block with 120k miles. It's been hot tanked and primed. All galley plugs were removed and galleys were scrubbed. I wire wheeled every bit of paint and grime I could off. Then hit it with high temp primer. Its it excellent condition. All of the bearings were in great shape. No machine work has been done to it yet. I just got a screaming deal on complete short block and really don't have a use for this now. ""
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Bump. No reply from buyer.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Still no response from buyer.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Lol. "Ridge removed" was one of my favorite excuses too.

Quick Reply: Parts not paid for by cjcullom