Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Jeff Witt AKA jwitt2 of Orlando Fla. bad seller (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeff Witt AKA jwitt2 of Orlando Fla. bad seller (resolved)

I bought a pair of rotors from him on Mar 28, payed via paypal ($100+$21 shipping. He told me they would be shiped out in a few days. Well its April 22 and still no rotors. He was unable to provide a tracking number as he claims to have "lost" the receipt from the US post office. He then promised me a refund last friday the 15 of April. Jeff if you are reading this it is not my fault if the USPS lost the rotors, shipping was your job. I have no reason to belive that these were ever even shipped, I mean really who does not keep tracking numbers. Jeff you need to make this right.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

I never siad i lost the receipt i have it on my desk right now. There was no tracking number on the receipt either. The post office is investagating my claim now, as soon as the post office finds my rotors, weather they are delivered to you, or delivered back to my house, i will not return the money.

I will keep you posted.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Restricted User

Jeff is right, USPS does not provide tracking numbers. Also, they do lose mail too, i know this because they've had $300 of my money for the last 2.5 months because someone stole my money order i sent to Mike @ Yank. I still don't have my money but i sent another 300 to mike 2 months ago. It's not his fault they can't keep track of stuff. Just like its not jeffs...
Old 04-25-2005, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by NBM2001Z28
Jeff is right, USPS does not provide tracking numbers. Also, they do lose mail too, i know this because they've had $300 of my money for the last 2.5 months because someone stole my money order i sent to Mike @ Yank. I still don't have my money but i sent another 300 to mike 2 months ago. It's not his fault they can't keep track of stuff. Just like its not jeffs...
EXACTLY! I have lost more packages through USPS than I can count. They are a bunch of idiots. Not only does it suck that they loose them but then they try to turn it around on you saying its your fault you didnt insure it or track it... I hate USPS!!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Bs

USPS will provide a tracking number if you pay for it... I do it all the time. It costs $1.25 on express or priority mail...
Old 04-25-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
EXACTLY! I have lost more packages through USPS than I can count. They are a bunch of idiots. Not only does it suck that they loose them but then they try to turn it around on you saying its your fault you didnt insure it or track it... I hate USPS!!
Sounds like you need to insure and/or track it. I insure everything I ship for more than its worth, whether its through FedEx, UPS, or USPS. Just a good idea, the few bucks here or there will pay itself back for the couple hundred you may save that one time they lose your ****.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:10 PM

I ship everything online with priority mail now, so I have free tracking on it... They had lost one package about a week ago and I brought that to them and told them it was insured and it magically appeared.. HMMMM
Old 04-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Taphee6
USPS will provide a tracking number if you pay for it... I do it all the time. It costs $1.25 on express or priority mail...
Thank you.

Jeff I am sorry it had to come to me posting here but, I sent you several PM's reguarding this and I did not hear back from. Put yourself in my shoes, I have nothing to show for the money I sent you. This is why I do not use the USPS, I know the shipping was higher with UPS or FedX, but had you told me you were going to ship USPS, I would have gladly paid the extra.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Any updates?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Any updates?
Nope none yet and he has yet to respond to the paypal dispute that I filed.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is what happens when you try and cheap-out on shipping costs. Priority 3-day mail costs a buck more and is trackable, and insurance would have been like 50 cents... You might as well have just layed them beside a blue USPS mailbox and hoped for the best.

UPS or Fedex is the way to ship anything heavy anyhow. I use Priority Mail all the time for smaller, lighter items (I sent some tail lights out for like 11 bucks, insured priority mail), but for heavy, costly things, USPS is not reliable enough to handle things like that.

Long story short, anything lower than Priority Mail (insured) via USPS is a joke, and should NEVER be used, even if you are sending some documents (they have Priority envelopes). Sometimes people make mistakes and just dont know about things like that, and should learn from them, but if it is just a way to make an extra 10 bucks on the sale, its hardly worth it.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Launching!

No word yet, come on Jeff you need to do the right thing here.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had USPS lose 2 packages of ours in the past and 1 took two monts to be delivered. This was back when we were really nice and shipped packages the cheap way to help Canada and other buyers out of the 48 states out. Well it came back to bite us of course.

I have learned to NEVER ship a item with out a tracking #, just a tip for any seller. If you do use USPS use there online service as it will give you a tracking #.

Ryan
Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Launching!

No reply from this guy yet (big surprise). Hey it's not my fault he cheaped out on shipping, I would have paid the extra if he only would have told me. This guy is a scammer and I feel sorry for him if he needs to scam people for a measly $120 bux.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jwitt2
I never siad i lost the receipt i have it on my desk right now. There was no tracking number on the receipt either. The post office is investagating my claim now, as soon as the post office finds my rotors, weather they are delivered to you, or delivered back to my house, i will not return the money.

I will keep you posted.
gotta love how he flat out says he will not refund my money.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NBM2001Z28
So I am the one who should pay for his mistake? Or him being too cheap to insure a package? Come on now we all know how unreliable the USPS is, it's not my fault he chose a bad shipping method. BTW this does not explain why he will not respond to any of my PM's, I know he is reading them.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:25 PM

you or him can go talk to the post master and figure out whats going on... does he even have the receipt?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Launching!

He says he has the receipt. I really doubt he even shipped the rotors. I mean if I were in his shoes I would be doing everything possible to make this right, and that includes communicating with the person who gave him $120 and has nothing to show for it.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

what kind of rotors are they? i know jeff personally and don't see him trying to scam you. i'll see what i can do for you.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

ok, i talked with jeff last night. he told me paypal took $150.00 from his account to pay you back about two weeks ago. if he has to, he'll give me his bank account statement to me to scan and put up for everyone to see. so, did you receive your money from paypal?

Quick Reply: Jeff Witt AKA jwitt2 of Orlando Fla. bad seller (resolved)