Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

mj_motorsports - be careful with this one

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down mj_motorsports - be careful with this one

I guess this guy thinks I am a complete idiot. This is the message I get from him:

I see that you are buying a bunch of LS1 intakes. I have 2 LM7 truck intakes that I'll trade for one LS1. Preferably an LS1 made after '02. Interested?

Just watch out if you're going to deal with this guy..
-Nathan
Old 06-15-2005, 02:03 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't quite follow... what exactly is the complaint here? the reason to 'watch out'/'be careful'?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Look at his posts, hes trying to buy an LS6 manifold. He said he would trade me 2 truck manifolds for an LS1 manifold but its has to be an '02 and up.. AKA he hopes I send him an LS6 since they didnt make an LS1 in '02.. He was trying to scam me in a sense.. Im just saying watch out, he doesnt seem like a very honest guy..
Old 06-15-2005, 03:57 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Ah, I see He hasn't posted much at all really, looks like nothing other than a few buy/sell posts.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Teching In

They didn't make LS1's in 2002? Althought I am really new to the GenIII I don't think this is the case.

If anyone else out there, that is not paranoid, wants to trade 2 LM7 intakes for one LS1 intake (preferably the higher flowing '02+) please PM me. Also I have #862 5.3L heads we may be able to make a deal on.

To the idiot that started this thread.......I hope you aren't bragging about the factory LS6 in your '02 camaro. I have been building small blocks since before you were born, our lifestyle wouldn't have made it this far if there were people like you tearing newbies down.

Originally Posted by ACW
Ah, I see He hasn't posted much at all really, looks like nothing other than a few buy/sell posts.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:08 PM

You're not even worth my time
Old 06-16-2005, 07:27 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mj_motorsports
They didn't make LS1's in 2002? Althought I am really new to the GenIII I don't think this is the case.

If anyone else out there, that is not paranoid, wants to trade 2 LM7 intakes for one LS1 intake (preferably the higher flowing '02+) please PM me. Also I have #862 5.3L heads we may be able to make a deal on.

To the idiot that started this thread.......I hope you aren't bragging about the factory LS6 in your '02 camaro. I have been building small blocks since before you were born, our lifestyle wouldn't have made it this far if there were people like you tearing newbies down.
The reason the 2002 one is 'higher flowing' is that they used the LS6 intake on the LS1 engine in 2002. When he said "they didnt make an LS1 in '02", he was referring only to the original LS1-style intake, not the whole engine....

There's no need for insults.

If you're looking to make deals involving Gen3 parts and are not familiar with it, I'd suggest you read up on it first. https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/213148-jrp-s-faq-commonly-asked-questions.html
Old 06-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
You're not even worth my time

Who asked for your time?

You decided to drag me through the coals because you thought I was trying to rip you off?

Keep on selling bling bling.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ACW
The reason the 2002 one is 'higher flowing' is that they used the LS6 intake on the LS1 engine in 2002. When he said "they didnt make an LS1 in '02", he was referring only to the original LS1-style intake, not the whole engine....

There's no need for insults.

If you're looking to make deals involving Gen3 parts and are not familiar with it, I'd suggest you read up on it first. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213148
ACW,

Thanks for the link. I have already bought a couple of books.

One book did distinguish the 02+ intakes as preferred but didn't call them LS6 intakes.

As far as the insults, sorry, it is very frustrating to send this guy one PM then get insulting juvenile response PMs, then find that he posts this crap in this forum immediately. Maybe he thought that, based on my username, I was competition with him unloading all the intakes and heads that he has been acquiring? Don't know, don't care.

Anyway. I have 2 5.3L iron block truck engines. My plans are to bore both to LS1+ territory, trade or sell what I don't need from these engines on this board, maybe stroke them if the turbos like it, then develop a twin GenIII turbo kit for A-bodies, and finally go racing.

Simple. Not trying to rip anyone off.

If he plans on selling a GenIII A-body or first Gen F-body twin turbo kits then he really has something to worry about.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:41 PM

I sent juvenile responses? I sent one PM to you, would you like me to post the PMs you sent to me? Yeah you're real mature.