Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Brian Scott of Michigan, AKA Brian1 - Horrible seller! (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brian Scott of Michigan, AKA Brian1 - Horrible seller! (resolved)

This is the worst transaction/seller I've ever had, and I hope this will save someone else from the same crap I've had to deal with good old Brian Scott of Michigan (AKA Brian1).

He posted a LS6 block for sale, and I told him I'd take it at his asking price if it was in good shape and could be used AS IT WAS. Told me he would ship it out ASAP, and the next day posted that it was on its way to Texas (BS!). Well, it took him a MONTH to finally ship it ... sent several emails inquiring what was up, and when he did write back (rarely), it was always 'I'll get it out tomorrow' ...

What do I finally get after my long wait? A completely stripped block without main caps (or head dowel pins, tranny dowel pins, plugs, and a shreaded #3 cam journal bearing to boot).

I'm pretty pissed, so I call and email him asking him what's up. He tells me he doesn't know where the mains are, but he'll find the main caps and send them out "tomorrow". Where have I heard 'tomorrow' before?

Another 4 days go by, no returned emails from good old Brian. He then sends me an email telling me that he thinks he knows where another set is off another block, and that he'll send me set off another block "tomorrow." There's that 'tomorrow' again ... starting to sounds familiar! At this point, I finished with this slim bag. I don't want caps from another block! That's $$$ in machine work, and I tell him I want a full refund, and that I'd even pay for shipping his block back. MORE THAN FAIR on my part. After all, it has been an UNREASONABLY long time (5 weeks), I still don't have what I paid for, and now he's telling me he'll send caps that aren't even off the same block (which my machine shop says will require a $350 align bore). Not quite the "ready to go" block I paid for, right? He says no, "ready to use as it was" means ready to go to the machine shop to get an align bore/hone for a mismatched set of main caps, and that I would need to do the same work even if the block had its original caps.

I emailed him told him that's enough for me, I want a full refund. Brian replyings that asking for 'a refund is premature.' I'm through the roof at this point! Got the guy on the phone, said are you going to give me a refund or not? Nope! Tells me he'll get me some main caps (wait Brian, I thought you shipped those 'tomorrow' some time last week buddy?). I said I don't want a mismatched set of caps, I want my money back. Nope!

Not sure if it's against the rules to post emails/PMs ... let me know one way or another moderators, as I'd like to compile a complete list of PM's and emails with dates for everyones reading pleasure (if you like the stuff with the word 'tomorrow' in it, you'll love his emails!). Off to the rest of the forums/paypal to warn my fellow gear heads.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
PSJ Wannabe & Attention Whore

First off i am sorry it took a month to ship the block, that is 100% my fault. When i wrapped it, i did not notice the main caps were missing. You contacted my on thursday or friday about the caps. As of tuesday morning you wanted a refund. I had a call in with shawn at SMC monday and was in the process of finding caps. I also called Diamond racing , looking for caps, and Tom K/FASTRTHNU on this board .

You wrote in the e-mail :

Edward Pylant <epylant@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Sounds like what I'm looking for. If shipping is only going to run me $60 and it is in good usable shape as it is, I'll take one @ your asking price of $250. Let me know if that works for you, and if so, how you want the payment.

Like i stated , my idea of a good USED usable block , just like ANY used block, is one that will need to have some machining done to drop a crank into. You said you wanted a "cheap" ls1 , something i have never heard of before

When i called you i listened to you with respect and three seperate times I asked you nicley to stop swearing at me. I even asked you if it would be better to call you back when you were calmed down. Im sorry for the time i took to ship them, and the misunderstanding . I am willing to work this out, but i cannot deal with hotheads and foul mouths in buisness dealings.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

I think you'll find most people in my shoes would give you the same frustrated reaction.

1st, you have taken way too long to get this to me. If you are too busy to complete your end of the transaction, then you had no business selling it in the first place.

2nd, promise after empty promise about when stuff would get done, but your actions have completely fallen short. If you tell me you're going to do something, try following through for a change.

3rd, I don't know of anyone else that would interpret in "good usable shape as it is" as a block that needs a $300+ align bore because the main caps came from another block (main caps that you don't even have yet, much less shipped ... did I forget to mention we're going on week 6 here?). Does anyone else think I'm way off base here? If I am, please speak up!

Finally, I'm completely dissatisfied with the transaction, and you will not remedy it with the one thing that would make it better: a full refund.

You could put mother Teresa in the same situation, and shes going to curse. You can't argue that I haven't been *extremely* patient with you up till yesterday, and given you every opportunity to make things right with me before asking for a refund. I only asked for a refund as a last resort (when I realized you didn't have the main caps original to the block, and I was in for more than the block is worth in machine work) - I even offered to pay freight on shipping the block back. Sorry about the cursing, but after you flatly refused my request for a refund after you've let me down in every way imaginable, what did you expect would happen?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:37 PM

If you can keep the cursing to a minimum and act like the educated 30 year old you claim , you have my cell and we can work it out.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Well, its been well over 3 months, and Brian Scott of Michigan has never so much as lifted a finger to make things better. Never sent the main caps like he promised, never refunded my money, never did jack squat except make empty promises.

Couldn't get any worse, right?

Haven't heard from my good buddy Brian Scott for a very long time now, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the guy was just in it to take the money and run. Where does that leave me? I decided to try and recoup what I could from the block. It's a very clean block, I'll give it that - it looked almost new, with no sign that pistons have ever been in the bores. Someone is bound to want it, even without the main caps. I pulled it out of the box to take some pics for Ebay this past weekend (yes, he sent a 100lb block in a card board box with a layer of bubble wrap - how's that for good packaging!). I was giving the bores a quick pass with a dust rag, when I felt something that made my stomach sink. Flipped the block over to get a look, and what do I find?

There is a damn hole in the sleeve!

[IMG][/IMG]

Yay! Just when I thought Brian Scott couldn't screw me any more, he does! It was hard to photograph (pics make it look pretty shallow, when it's almost as deep as it is wide), but I put some red arrows showing the problem. Looked at it with a jeweler's loupe, and we've got ourselves a nice porosity defect. Thanks for sending me your junk Brian!

Boys and girls, this should be a lesson to you - buy a complete, ready to use block from Brian Scott, and you get something with no main caps and a hole in the sleeve. Oh, and forget about a refund, this is Brian Scott of Michigan we're talking about!

Now Brian has brought it to my attention that I should act like an adult and refrain from cussing at him ... turns out he doesn't like being called a GD thief (maybe I should be more like Brian, and lie, cheat, steal and lie some more?). Well, I would like to bring it to his attention that if he doesn't like being called a GD thief, then he shouldn't be a GD thief.

Last edited by Eddiep; 03-20-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Man HOW do some people sleep at night?
Old 03-20-2006, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW! Thats an actual HOLE!? Geez
Old 03-20-2006, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

FYI, Brian Scott posted 2 LS6 blocks for sale. The buyer of the other block emailed me and said it took Brian TWO months to get around to shipping the block. Brian's second victim also sent me pics of what finally showed up (mine had the same top-notch packaging job)... beware, this not for the faint of heart!

[IMG][/IMG]

Way to go Brian Scott of Michigan ... that packing job really shows you care!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG! Post his info up and I will see about ACW getting on this and finding out more about him. Maybe we can stir him up make him want to refund you guys. Who is the other member involved in the block buy?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:40 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! That is some BAD packing.

Can you get the buyer of the second block to post up here himself with his story?

Originally Posted by Eddiep
Well, I would like to bring it to his attention that if he doesn't like being called a GD thief, then he shouldn't be a GD thief.

I'm kinda surprised he would do something like this after experiencing the APE disaster. Don't people learn anything?
(On the other hand, he had used to work for them, maybe he got infected with the 'rip-off' virus too. Registered email is still APENGINEERING2@YAHOO.COM ? )

He has posted his cell number of 248-640-7249 in a number of places, including:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/361820-lt-1-block-stroker-crank-sale.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ap-engineering-complaints/359582-photos-prices.html

On some sites he also uses the name TURBOBUICK or Trbobuick, and the email address turbobuickv6@hotmail.com

http://www.motownmuscle.com/forums/member.php?u=87
Birthday: September 20, 1973
AIM: trbobuick6

A photo: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/apengi...&.dnm=e955.jpg

Went to work for Belle Tire after he left APE in 04, not sure if he's still there or not, was till at least 9 months ago:
http://www.motownmuscle.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=76147
Belle Tire
(586) 323-0100
15607 Hall Rd
Macomb, MI 48044

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...t_lst%3F477073
His lawyer in the APE lawsuit was John Danielski of McCall & Trainor.

There are two Brian Scotts in Macomb, MI, not sure which one he is (or neither). One is married to a Barbara, the other is married to a Jill.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

More interesting tid bits that some of you might be able to shed some light on:

The block Brian sent was stock bore, and it appears to NEVER had a piston in it ... Zero sign of gaskets bearings, or other components ever touching it. It got me thinking - GM would probably catch something like that in quality control, right? Well, I compared it to the block I bought from nvr4get, and noticed a few things:

1. The vin pad is blank on the block from Brian. It is stamped K189/773 (followed by 5 dots) but nothing after that.

2. I got the block BARE. No main caps, no head dowel pins or even transmission location dowels (there were new cam bearings installed, but they were CLEARLY installed incorrectly and are a mess .. definitely not a GM job). I checked the head dowel and transmission locator dowel holes that are machined into the block, and I know for a fact that there has NEVER been head or transmission dowel pins installed in the block.

What is everyones take on this? I think I've got myself a genuine quality control reject here.

Anyway, I've emailed Daniel Santovenia, who bought Brians other block. Maybe he can share some more details on his side of the transaction.

As for other information about Brian, ACW has covered just about all of it. Please don't post his home address. I've been offered a Continental buddy pass by one of the Houston club members, which could get me into a lot of trouble. It's a small World, and we'll cross paths sooner or later.

ACW, thanks for the pic ... I'll know who to keep an eye out for at the events

Last edited by Eddiep; 03-21-2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should always freight a block imo
Old 03-24-2006, 12:57 AM

Ed,

Wow.. i pop on here and see this. No e-mail. No phone call. Nothing. THE BLOCK SITUATION WITH DANIEL HAS BEEN RESOLVED WITH A MONEY ORDER ON THE WAY TO HIS HOUSE .I SCREWED UP AND HE IS BEING PAID BACK IN FULL.

The blocks ..as i told you... were seized from the former APE in the court case i had. I honestly did not know that sleeve had a hole in it. I tried to sell them locally to some of my fellow car club people at motownmuscle.com. I go by trbobuick there.

The last we spoke you were selling the block to a guy in michigan , and you didnt need the caps. http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414777
But now here you are making threats of "crossing paths" . Ive tried on every level to resolve this like mature adults , but all i have gotten from you is, swearing, ranting, trash talking and threats .

There was no scam or misrepresentation. My adress for the last 6 years has been :

2305 maplecrest, waterford michigan 48327
My cell number has been the same since 99
The original screen name ( turbobuick) uses my turbobuickv6@hotmail.com adress.
I work at the belle tire in white lake now 248-698-0800.
About the closest i will be to texas is bowling green kentucky from May 16 - 20 for the buick nationals. I will have my cell phone on.

Let me make this clear : after the way YOU have handled this situation there will be ZERO refund from me to you.

Last edited by BOO HOO BRIAN; 03-24-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Blah blah blah. He's mad and now you are mad, you guys figure this out asap.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 PM

John,
Your not helping.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

What's the solution here? Is that circled mark a hole or a pit or?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:31 PM

The last sentance in post 13 says it all . Youve know me since 2000 ,John. You know am an not the scam artist/thief that this person has accused me of being.

This man has tried to trash my name on this and other boards. I even arranged another buyer for the block for him , but he let that fall through. He has threatened to " cross paths " with me using airfare to come here.

Im done with him . Period.

Last edited by BOO HOO BRIAN; 03-24-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

Brian,

The fact that won't offer a refund when you know you've sent me junk says it all. I hope rationalizing cheating people helps you sleep at night buddy (I know it wouldn't help me, or any other decent person).

Don't like the way I've handled this? Was it me sending the money the very day I said I would? Or the way I was super patient with you when you sent the block out a month late and then got something without main caps (and was STILL patient with you, until the BS got stacked too high).

Why was it always MY responsibility to resolve this, Brian? Are you saying I didn't do enough? I did 100x what a buyer should have to. I even had to look up your phone number because you weren't returning my emails (polite emails, asking 'please get back to me'). Tell me Brian, what more could I have done? Was I supposed to keep hounding you indefinitely, and getting nothing but empty promises back? That gets old in a hurry, and I finally had my fill. YOU were the one that didn't do a damn thing except feed lie after lie to me, and you knew this deal was unresolved. You took zero initiative - it was ME at EVERY turn trying to 'right the ship.' Don't come on here saying I didn't do enough.

Speaking of lies, you NEVER once told me about the blocks history, I had to find that out the other day from Joe at Stenod. All you told me was that it was a standard bore LS6 block in good usuable shape as it is.

Your friend that jumped on CZ28 telling everyone that was a smoking deal and he'd buy it in a second even without main caps was as full of BS as you are Brian. Guess what: He wasn't interested in buying the block - all he did was try to SELL ME ANOTHER BLOCK! But you know that, seeing as you two know each other.

I replied: I'm not interested in buying another block, and asked if he still wanted this block.

Him: no reply.

I then wrote him again, and asked if he was only interested in buying the block if I bought one of his.

He replied: No, it's not like that. I cut the tip of my finger and haven't thought about this. [Yes, that's what he told me!]

I replied: Are you still interested in buying it then?*Please* let me know either way.

Him: no reply, ever again

So Brian, I see your friend is as reliable as you. Tell me again how I let that deal slip through the cracks? Just as well, since I would have seen that hole in the sleeve when I pulled the block out of your box and packaged it correctly, and would be where I am now.

BTW, you're just now sending Daniel's money back? The checks in the mail, huh? Why are you just now getting around to it a month and a half AFTER he got a broken block in the mail?

Last edited by Eddiep; 03-28-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
What's the solution here? Is that circled mark a hole or a pit or?

Pro Stock John,

The defect is a pit, which is far too deep to clean up with honing/boring.

What would PSJ expect if you were a buyer in this situation:

you bought a block

seller lies over and over when it would ship

it arrives late, improperly packaged, and incomplete

seller says he didn't catch it being incomplete when he packaged it

seller promises to send missing parts the next day

seller never sends the missing parts

no word from the seller, buyer has to look up sellers phone number

buyer finds out seller never even had the missing parts to begin with

buyer is fed up with seller and asks for a refund and offers to pay for shipping the incomplete part back

seller says refund is 'premature' but I'll send you the missing parts off of another block

buyer says an align bore is not my idea of a ready to use block

seller never sends missing parts from another block

seller's friend comes on cz28 and backs his buddy up saying it's a great deal and he wishes he could find something like that

buyer says fine, it's yours.

buyer finds out seller's friend is just trying to sell him another block, seller's friend flakes

buyer goes to sell said block, and finds its a QC reject with a bad defect within 1 minute of cleaning it up

seller again claims he must have missed it when packaging it up
Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

you should have got the matching caps for the price paid. That imperfection in the bore won't hurt anything, realistically.

Quick Reply: Brian Scott of Michigan, AKA Brian1 - Horrible seller! (resolved)