Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

v8-7 - No Tracking Number or Contact after sale; RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation v8-7 - No Tracking Number or Contact after sale; RESOLVED

well this was my first purchase off ls1tech. v8-7 had up for sale 2 15 pound bottle brackets openers. so i pm him and we worked out a deal for me to give him 200 to hold for 2 days when it was payday. He then put sold in the thread on the 1st at a little after midnight i pay pal him 300 plus 2.8% of what he said was pay pal fees.

well i got a email from him shortly after i paid for everything in full saying he would send the product fri night or sat morning. he also stated that he would give me the fed ex tracking number.

well i waited all weekend and didn't here anything from him. i then pmed him three times over the last three days and also sent a email last night.still no word .

i hope it was just a miss understanding but to me seems kind of weird that someone doestn respound or come on the site

here is the link to the 4 sale thread

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/669677-two-15-nx-bottles-w-dual-remote-openers-bracket-gauges.html
Old 03-22-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

User profile that anyone can read shows he comes here about once a year to sell or buy for the most part. That would be a red flag to ask ask ask more questions before buying - like "you don't get on the site much, you just buying and selling there?".

You are best to contact him by phone and email (you did get those when buying, right?) and if that doesn't work file a dispute with how you paid. Hopefully that was paypal or credit card and the dispute process should be filed as soon as you stop getting responses with no parts at the door.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GEARHED
You are best to contact him by phone and email (you did get those when buying, right?) and if that doesn't work file a dispute with how you paid. Hopefully that was paypal or credit card and the dispute process should be filed as soon as you stop getting responses with no parts at the door.

thanks that is just what i just did...

when this resolves or any other issues come up on this subject can i reply to this message. it would be only fair to know if there was a misunderstanding or the guy was a dead beat

thanks
Eric Haas
Old 03-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Launching!

well its been 12 days and still no response back
Old 03-25-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks...the guy has been a member for more than 3yrs so I hope he mans up and makes good on the sale.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Member three years and posts every 6 months or so is not difficult to do. Many names are ones people stopped using are now active in for sale forums which is a red flag to me.

File the dispute now and hope you get a refund - he did say he was having financial problems.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

hows about you mods throw deadbeat seller on his signature so nobody else gets burned by him and lock it til he makes good....
Old 03-25-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Junkie

check out his ebay feedback, he has alot, but appears as though he recently ripped someone off? who knows.
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ctrhatchback/
Old 03-26-2007, 02:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Runwhatchabrung
hows about you mods throw deadbeat seller on his signature so nobody else gets burned by him and lock it til he makes good....
The for sale/wanted forums are Buyer Beware and always has. This forum would not exist if people asked more questions of sellers and buyers - as well as deal with whatever happened by themselves. We try to help people figure out how to get parts or funds back but not much beyond that.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Launching!

product came today...2 weeks late but got here.. product was exactly as described

Quick Reply: v8-7 - No Tracking Number or Contact after sale; RESOLVED