Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Clutch not what was told it was

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch not what was told it was

I have been looking for a clutch for about a 2 months and I didnt know really what kind I needed to go with, so after talking to some people, posted up in the Want To Buy section for a clutch for an LS1. Was open to any options, new or slightly used. Recieved a pm from DONAMIAN saying that he had an aluminium pressure plate SPEC 3 that was sitting at his house, and only had 500 miles on it. He wanted 250 plus shipping. I looked up the spec site and it is a pretty expensive clutch with the aluminium pressure plate, being that it takes a while to save up to buy stuff like that. So after talking about it, I asked him if he still had the clutch, and that I would take it. Well the clutch came, and the shop I had it sent to said they wouldnt even put it on it was so worn out. The disc and plate are grooved horribly, so therefore the entire thing is worthless, and I'm out 250 plus shipping, and no car because the clutch is gone and with working to pay all the bills and such, Im not exactly going to crap 400 just to buy another clutch. I have pm'ed him, but no answer. I know you all cant exactly make his give a refund or enforce anything and all, just looking for some advice. What do I do? No car, no clutch, and no money for a while for a new one. Thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

honestly u got screwed too bad u didnt use a credit card u could of charged it back to ur account
Old 04-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

If you knew it was too good to be true why go through with it. On the other hand, take it to your local Brake and Clutch rebuilder and have them rebuild it. Its not like those parts are Spec specific and it will cost you next to half of what you would pay for something like that new.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the advice and all. I checked on the rebuilding and all so with a new disc and new friction plate installed its going to be around 300.

Quick Reply: Clutch not what was told it was