Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of Darryl McKee Jr. aka SilverC5inOhio

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Darryl McKee Jr. aka SilverC5inOhio

Mr. McKee posted he had a Yank tc that would work in my exact application. I paid him a premium price for it. I receive the wrong converter and pm him to call me. He says I will not have a problem reselling it and basically tells me I am stuck with it. He gives me a fake phone number and then goes back and deletes all his posts to erase any proof. Very unsavory character.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

The moderators can find his post for you if needed.

Tracey
Old 07-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Teching In

To the top...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tracey
The moderators can find his post for you if needed.

Tracey
The site is now dumping deleted posts so moderators cannot retrieve them. You would have to contact admin though his current for sale post is locked until there is a response here.

ALWAYS KEEP A COPY OF THE FOR SALE URL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Default Mr. Chris Miller aka wrecker169

Originally Posted by wrecker169
Mr. McKee posted he had a Yank tc that would work in my exact application. I paid him a premium price for it. I receive the wrong converter and pm him to call me. He says I will not have a problem reselling it and basically tells me I am stuck with it. He gives me a fake phone number and then goes back and deletes all his posts to erase any proof. Very unsavory character.
This is the details of the dispute Mr. Miller had posted at the PayPal Resolution Center:

Transaction Date: 5/6/2007 12:37 PDT

From Buyer: chris miller on 5/19/2007 01:22 PDT
Mr. Mckee misrepresented his part. I specifically gave all details of my application and he said it would fit. It obviously does not due to a different application. He then gives me a wrong phone number after I tell him it is the wrong part and now will not return any emails. I do not know what to do. If Mr. Mckee would call me or email me, I would tell him I would pay for return shipping and would not give him a very negative feedback on cartain websites.

From Seller: Darryl McKee Jr on 5/19/2007 12:31 PDT
In contrary, I never misrepresented my part to Mr. Miller. I have asked him to forward the messages he said were exchanged that claim I told him specifically that the part would fit his car. I have not received these as of yet because it did not happen... nor do they exist... I answered all his questions honestly and to the best of my ability. I am not qualified or competently knowledgeable as a mechanic to say if my torque converter would fit his particular automobile therefore I would not do so. My screen name is SilverC5inOhio so he obviously knew my car is a C5 Corvette and so are the parts therefore explaining he knew the application the part came from in advance. I never thought it to be my responsibility, or obligation, to do the research to see if my part would fit his car. I'm aware that some LS1 parts are interchangeable between different body types and believed he was sure of what he was buying. If I sold a part that was not as advertised, or was mechanically faulty or damaged in any way, then I would feel no recourse than to return the payment as that would be an unscrupulous business practice that I would be no part of. That is not the case here. In effect, I turned down potential buyers waiting for his payment, and also in the aftermath after the sale. Now he would like me to take back my part because of his apparent error. I regret the inconvenience this has caused both of us, apologize to Mr. Miller if he feels I somehow did him an injustice, and will be more precise in future sales so that this "try before you buy" situation won't happen again. Regardless, I will refund $525 to Mr. Miller after professional inspection of the returned part and under the condition that the torque converter is received by me exactly as it was delivered to him mechanically and in appearance... and under the condition that no unwarranted, slanderous threats be brought against me in an effort to try to damage my credibility or sales ethic.

From Buyer: chris miller on 5/20/2007 21:25 PDT
The item is the same as it was when it was delivered ,due to the shop noticing it was the wrong part. I will be shipping it back on 5/21 to Mr. McKee.

From Buyer: chris miller on 5/26/2007 23:47 PDT
Darryl, sorry it will take a few days to get to you, I sent it through USMail.It was a little cheaper.

From PayPal: PayPal on 6/8/2007 01:26 PDT
This Dispute has timed out.

Todays date: 7/2/07

In response to the opening post:

Mr. McKee posted he had a Yank tc that would work in my exact application.
I did not (*see above). I searched my computer looking for a link to the converter sale to forward to the moderators. I could not find one. I also unfortunately cleaned out my inbox of all the PMs exchanged between me and Mr. Miller after he received the Yank and was obviously happy with the exchange. I sold a complete long block in January(I have the link) for $3200 (VERY happy customer) and deleted that thread as well not to mention other items I have sold in the past. This WAS NOT to cover anything up. I wish I had the PMs for proof but I do not...

I paid him a premium price for it.
$525 ($495 plus shipping and PayPal fee which I believe I agreed to pay half of the shipping and PayPal fee total per his request). An 1,100 mile, like new, never raced converter...

I receive the wrong converter and pm him to call me.
Sent the exact converter we discussed and called him that evening.

He says I will not have a problem reselling it and basically tells me I am stuck with it.
See my reply in the PayPal dispute on 5/19/2007

He gives me a fake phone number and then goes back and deletes all his posts to erase any proof.
My home phone and cell are private numbers. Mr. Miller really caught me off guard when I called him. I have never had a bad sale and was suprised when he demanded his money back. I felt terrible that he errored in thinking that the converter would fit his car and told him so, but I was not giving a phoine number to a disgruntled person who may harrass me or my family. You never know. My numbers are private for reason...

I deleted the thread before he found out the converter wouldn't fit. I always do after the buyer has received the part(s) and are happy with the transaction...

Very unsavory character.
I have had many, many online sales of car parts and also household items, etc. on This forum and Ebay and have always received positive reviews.

- It has been almost 2 months since this transaction has taken place.
- I told him to return it for full refund on 5/19/07. He did not.
- He has no reciept saying I received it because he has been trying to sell it on this Forum.
- I agreed to refund under the condition that no unwarranted, slanderous threats be brought against me in an effort to try to damage my credibility or sales ethic. (see above) I use this thread as proof he did just that...
- I have now officially washed my hands of this transaction after doing all that was needed to resolve it.

** It's been awhile since I've been on LS1TECH and have sold the Specter Werkes hood and chrome thermostat housing/stat/bolts to happy customers. I will update my For Sale thread if the moderators will kindly unlock it..

Thank You
Old 07-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Teching In

Default converter

Darryl, You know what you did. Maturity has kept me from buying a plane ticket after the shipping was refused, because I am a firm believer in "what comes around, goes around". Taking a loss on the converter, but I think I will survive. The only tragedy is it has tainted me to purchase used parts again from virtually unknowns. Have a nice life.

Last edited by wrecker169; 07-05-2007 at 01:38 AM. Reason: wanted to add a phrase
Old 07-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Why are sellers allowed to delete threads? This certainly makes it easier for the scammers to hide their untidy transactions from unsuspecting forum members. IMHO, only moderators should be allowed to delete threads.

Quick Reply: Beware of Darryl McKee Jr. aka SilverC5inOhio