Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I'm a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I'm a newbie

Ok, So yes I am a girl and I am a newbie. I have always LOVED cars. My husband is also crazy about cars he has a few himself. He knows pretty much EVERYTHING you need to know to build any kind of race car but I get sick of listening to him. lol. So I thought i would start here for all the goods.
I am thinking of getting a truck and turning it into a full out ***** to the wall race truck. We already have 2 Trans am's a camaro in the family we are also working on getting a shoebox nova so I wanted something original for myslef.

So for any of you that have nothing to do, start teaching me LOL.
I know the basics but i just want to learn everything so i dont look like a jackass at the races.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way to learn is hands on.Start off by reading the posts on this forum they will teach you alot or you can buy some books to help you learn the basics.Another way is watch your husband while he's working on one of the cars and asking alot of question's or maybe you can take a class @local community college.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Three years ago I knew less than you did. After doing a ton of reading, working on things myself, getting my own tools, joining a car club, and spending hours and hours on ls1tech....

I can now change my oil.

I can do some other stuff now though too.

If you want to learn anything and everything about cars, this forum will definitely teach you.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what everyone else said. as longs as its ls based or just newer generation chevy motors everyone here will be able to help with your questions.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Well I know the basics of a car and I know the basics of racing. I understand a lot of the stuff and I have spent some days in the garage with the hubby he puts me to work out there haha. I pretty much know all the parts and stuff like that I just want to learn what part works off of what and stuff like that. I also want to learn what is better this or that ya know? I do ask a lot of questions ALL the time haha I feel like a 5 year old exploring a whole new world.

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
The best way to learn is hands on.Start off by reading the posts on this forum they will teach you alot or you can buy some books to help you learn the basics.Another way is watch your husband while he's working on one of the cars and asking alot of question's or maybe you can take a class @local community college.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Well we are going to get an s10 and completly redo it. we are going to make it track legal with a roll cage window nets harnesses all the good stuff. And my hubby says he knows the combo he is going to put in the truck for me im not sure what exactly it is going to be but i do know for sure it is going to be an LS1. starting out it is going to be around a 10.9 truck all motor and once i get use to that he will put the n2o in it for me. I have driven his race cars and i have done pretty damn good so i am sure i will catch on quick.

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
what everyone else said. as longs as its ls based or just newer generation chevy motors everyone here will be able to help with your questions.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

I have been totally obsessed with Trans Ams and the LS1 engine since I was a kid and I just wanted to learn more! I started browsing the internet came across this site and never left (It's addicting). I have learned soooo much just looking at other threads in which made me buy a 2000 Firehawk myself to learn off of. If you ever have a question no matter how dumb don't be afraid to ask! And trust me I ask some dumb ones at times! Have fun!