Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goal: 400hp dream: 450 to the wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maverick32
Hey what up fellas I have a 01 z28 vert its also an m6 and has 115k miles. This is pretty much a street car and only been to the track once out of the 4yrs that i've had it. I do have simple little bolt ons like volant cold air intake, SLP loudmouthII, hypertech programmer (which i'll be taking off soon and selling it), and a hurst short shifter. well for the past couple of months its only been garage kept and i take it out only on the weekends. My plan with my car is to get 400hp. What i got in mind is a good head and cam package, headers, put a 75 shot (just to say that i have it), porting out my stock TB, and doing all the supporting mods, and at the end get it tuned. well with all that said is that enought to get me to my goal? money is somewhat of an issue and would like to keep a budget but also i want dependability with these mods.

so my question is, can you advice of what kind of mods i should be looking at to get the dependability that i want along with reaching my goal of 400hp but 450hp would be my dream?

please state any questions/concerns about anything.

your help is very much appreciated

I've somewhat made up a list of mods that i may be getting and that other memeber have put on their cars and have received good results.

LS6 HEADS- PORT
LONG TUBE HEADERS, ORY WITH AFTERMARKET CATS
224-ISH CUSTOME CAM
SPRINGS
PUSH RODS
LS2 TIMING CHAIN
LS6 PORTED OIL PUMP
PORTED STOCK THROTTLE BODY
ASP 25% UNDERDRIVE PULLEY

OR

AFR 205 HEADS
224/228 CUSTOME GRIND CAM
LONG TUBE HEADERS, ORY WITH AFTERMARKET CATS
LS6 PORTED OIL PUMP
LS2 TIMIN CHAIN
ASP 25% UNDERDRIVE PULLEY
SPRINGS
PUSH RODS
PORTED STOCK THROTTLE BODY
you dont need afrs to achieve 450hp with 75 hp from the juice. Hell u can do a 228 cam only setup and achieve 450 with the 75 shot.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like everybody else has already said, you can get 400rwhp pretty easy with just bolt ons and a decent size cam. but just my opinion, i would go with full bolt ons, ms4 cam, fast 90/90, and trickflow 215's. i know a guy around here that had the same set up only with a vidicator cam instead and put down 451rwhp through a stalled auto. so w/ an m6 you would be close or around 500hp