Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 SS camaro vs z28 differences

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercoryd
SO i got the car, its a 2002 SS, it doesnt come with the lid or exhaust, but i noticed one of the options on the SS sheet said performance suspension, does that mean i have aftermarket shocks? if so what color would they be so i can doublecheck and would they be able to support lowering springs?
youll have bilstein shocks and struts. idk if the springs are diff tho. bilsteins are yellow and blue
Old 12-09-2008, 08:41 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Avaric3
SO i got the car, its a 2002 SS, it doesnt come with the lid or exhaust, but i noticed one of the options on the SS sheet said performance suspension, does that mean i have aftermarket shocks? if so what color would they be so i can doublecheck and would they be able to support lowering springs?
youll have bilstein shocks and struts. idk if the springs are diff tho. bilsteins are yellow and blue
Wrong, that does not mean he has Bilsteins at all. I bet he means his GM window sticker.

Look at my window stickers:

Part of the plain SS package is "HIGH PERF. RIDE & HANDLING SUSP."...poly end links and bigger sway bar.

misc

Now you can see the SLP optioned Bilsteins which comes with Eibach springs.

~ Craig
Old 12-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Launching!

that list is missing the air lid
Old 12-09-2008, 10:23 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Question

Originally Posted by Phynix
What list?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Launching!

hmmm, yeah i bought it used and dont have a window sticker like that, just had a piece of paper with all the options.. what color are your bilsteins so i can look and c if their the same? thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phynix
The air lid didnt come on all of them it was an option for 02 only... It was offered as part of the 345hp package...
Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm, yeah i bought it used and dont have a window sticker like that, just had a piece of paper with all the options.. what color are your bilsteins so i can look and c if their the same? thanks
Blue and yellow...Stock decarbons are orange...
Old 12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also some had Koni suspension (aka: SLP 1LE), with red (IIRC) shocks.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I could be wrong, but as far as I know SLP could upgrade the suspension to either Bilstein or 1LE. Check the color of the shocks. I'm sure someone on here could tell you what color indicates what? My Firehawk for example has orange ones, therefore I have the shitty DeCarbon shocks Oh well. Hope that helped.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

are those LS6 clutches strong? how much hp can they handle and.. when u guys say SLP had their other options, is that an "slp SS camaro" or just slp does that to SS camaro's? because my neighbor said he had an slp camaro or did he just have an SS that Slp did all their performance packages to

01+ have the LS6 clutch ... I have 97K on the factory clutch here... no slippage yet under normal driving. If I hit the track and try to ride the clutch out it over heats very quickly now. They hold up pretty well from what I can tell.

Quick Reply: 2002 SS camaro vs z28 differences