Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock trans syncro upgrade??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock trans syncro upgrade??

i have a 2002 camaro ss, missed 3rd too many times and blew the syncros for 3rd, cannot put the shifter into 3rd gear slot at all, and 4th gear is going, probably because its on the same shaft....i heard from someone that apparently there is a syncro upgrade that makes the transmissions syncros alot stronger and tougher....does anyone know what this upgrade is and or where i can buy it? thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

As far as I know there still the same synchros. I put billet keys in all synchro assebleys but reverse. Search up the gear box on yahoo and you can see what parts he has for the T-56 or look into Tick Performance (more pricey but a good sponser here). I just rebuilt mine about 2 months ago and added pretty much every upgrade except the viper shaft. I had to replace 3rd gear and 1-2 and 3-4 synchro assemblys. I spent about $700 total on parts. It now shifts like a dream.

Last edited by Fifedogg; 03-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I bet it is the shift fork. Syncro's help but they arent really needed to get into gear.

You should post this in the Manual trans section
Old 03-14-2009, 02:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably the shifter pads on the fork, the synchronizer itself, and you may have grinded it enough that you might have to buy a new 3rd gear, i know this is just what you wanted to hear. i had to replace all of the gears in my tranny except for third. And the synchros you buy from any vendor are carbon fiber lined on the insides, not paper lined like the original ones

Quick Reply: stock trans syncro upgrade??