Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery relocation 02 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery relocation 02 Z28

Guys/Gals didnt really know where to post this question so here goes... has anyone relocated there battery to the trunk of there camaro or firebird? If so was it a total custom thing or does someone make a kit to do it? The reason I ask and its quite crazy is... I just recently bought this car 02 Z28. There is no rust on this car except the rearend (expected) and the crappy exhaust system (expected). However the battery at one point in this cars life leaked acid all over the front passenger rail. For now I hit it with a glass bead gun (what a friggin mess). Its still quite cold at this point here in NY so i haven't got around to hitting it with an epoxy primer. I covered it in a special oil after sandblasting to keep from rusting while waiting for warm up (LPS is the waxy oil). This little spot is making me sick and not even want to work on the car. I want to pull the motor so I can get where i could not reach with the bead blsater. This is only slightly worse than surface rust with absolutely no rot. I am hoping next winter to replace the front K member with a UMI piece and take care of this whole thing in a better manner. What does everyone think? The battery i have for it now is an optima red top battery. Thanks Guys

Chris
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Summit racing. Jegs, most of the sponsors carry a kit. Check'em out
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I meant a direct fit for the car. i have since located one through BMR but thank you. Chris