Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air pump hose and pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air pump hose and pump

What are you supposed to do after installing lid with air pump hose? It does not reach new lid, plus no place to hook it up. It used to go to air box baffle but that gets removed with lid installation. What are affects if I disconnect hose and unplug wiring to it? Why is this not mentioned with lid instructions? I never have seen anyone else post anything with this problem.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

lol. The 2000+ have to use a small k&n to connect to such device. You can buy them at pep boys or nopi if you want the ricer look.

I bought my lid from TSP, they asked me what year i had, and sold me the K&N mini that fits right up to avoid any problems.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

SF, if your lid does not have any fittings for an air setup, then look into the !air mod. its completely removing your air system. it won't have any negative effects on your car, plus you will lose something on order of 8-10lbs easy off the front end, AND clean up the engine bay quite a bit. its an easy mod, you can buy the block off plates for the manifolds for like $8 from many sponsers, or from your own(not difficult). if your lid DOES have a fitting for the air, then as sam said get the k&n mini.
btw, you can find a !air walkthrough at installuniversity.com
Old 10-30-2003, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll set a DTC (diagnostic trouble code which results in an SES light on you dash) if you do the !air mod without PCM programming.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:03 AM
On The Tree

just leave the pump hooked up and active. it doesn't care where it's pushing air to as long as it can. this way, u can remove the ugly stuff without expensive tuning to prevent a code being thrown. enjoy.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

Ls1 edit will let you delete the air pumps for a gain of about 4-7 HP.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by B-MAN
Ls1 edit will let you delete the air pumps for a gain of about 4-7 HP.
How can you gain 4-7 hp from removing the air pump? it is electric. the onlything you will gain is a little weight reductions
Old 11-03-2003, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blue2002SS
How can you gain 4-7 hp from removing the air pump? it is electric. the onlything you will gain is a little weight reductions
What happens is that you air pump, pumps air into your exhaust chamber and heats up your catylitic converters thus helping your emmisions. By using LS1 edit, and deleting your air pump,your engine bay stays a lot colder reducing your H.P. loss due to heat not to mention that you have less expanded gas flowing through you exhaust, this will cause your car to have a crisper throttle responce. At this point you can delete your O2 sensors seeing how the only purpose of the air pump is to heat up exhuast tenperatures quick enough to please your O2 sensors so that they do not throw a code.
It amazing how much a excess heat in your engine bay can affect power gains
I hope this explains what you are looking for.

Quick Reply: air pump hose and pump