New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie needing help

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie needing help

i just picked up an 88 chevy s10 single cab regular box 4 cylinder automatic and the plan is to do a 5.3 v8 with an automatic (id do a manual but i wouldnt have enough room due to lack of space) all i want is a lid, exhuast, and spray for the moment but i have no idea where to start or even what parts are interchangeable into the 5.3. The big plan is to build a nitrous monster but i dont know much about the 5.3/ls series motor any help on where to start would be great. thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would look for a set of LT headers and good flowing exhaust to start. I would look for some kind of induction as well. I don't know how a lid would work on the truck but some kind of CAI kit would be a good ideal. Go for the simple bolt on stuff first. This will help maximize the gains for the larger mods or spray down the road. You have to be able to get the air in and out of the motor first! Let me know if we can help!

Thanks!
Jon
Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 AM

thanks for the starting point ill look into cold air an exhaust first, an trust me ill let you know when i need help.

thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Long tube headers will help a bunch (as jon said), and texas speed is great to deal with. Also search in the external engine section and convertion section for some ideas on building a cold air or ram air for your truck.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:57 PM

anymore suggestion?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also forgot, you could do a higher stall converter. Fun to drive and if you ever want to throw in a bigger cam the higher stall is a must.