Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani catted-y worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani catted-y worth it?

I just bought a new Camaro to replace the old wrecked one. It is older and has higher miles, but i got it for $7k . Anyways, I got $500 bucks to blow and, I was thinking of getting the Bassani catted-y (for cali smog) and was wondering if it was worth it in terms of HP gain to cost ratio. The car allready has all the other boltons minus headers and y-pipe. It has a cuttout behind the passenger side seat. So with the cutout, would this cated-y be worth it?
Old 12-18-2003, 06:00 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

only get it if you plan on never going the LT/mid route or else you'll have to get a new Y anyway. even if you are still gonna stick with the stock manifolds its not worth it as the stock Y flows well for what it is. spend the 500 bucks on some pace LT's and new Y
Old 12-18-2003, 08:30 AM
TECH Resident

Do not waste yor money on that POS. I did and i regret it big time. The only gain you'll get is a deeper sounding exhaust note. Also Bassani uses Catco cats in their y's which are crap. My passenger side cat went bad 5 months after buying that system, and Bassani REFUSED to replace it. They said there's no way of know if the cat was bad, and they needed to inspect it. WTF. Then the lady tells me i needed o2 sims. Yeah, with cats right? So Bassani this is for you
Old 12-18-2003, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrp
only get it if you plan on never going the LT/mid route or else you'll have to get a new Y anyway. even if you are still gonna stick with the stock manifolds its not worth it as the stock Y flows well for what it is. spend the 500 bucks on some pace LT's and new Y
Well, I was planning on not going LT's for hopes of saving for a turbo kit, as well as smog in cali. Well not so much smog as gettting pulled over with no cats on thats one hell of a ticket ive heard. If i can get away with LT's and an off road Y, it might be worth 500 though
Old 12-18-2003, 08:10 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation222
Well, I was planning on not going LT's for hopes of saving for a turbo kit, as well as smog in cali. Well not so much smog as gettting pulled over with no cats on thats one hell of a ticket ive heard. If i can get away with LT's and an off road Y, it might be worth 500 though
LT's and a custom catted Y is the best bet. pick up cats for cheap on ebay and have a shop fab up a Y for you, should cost around 200 bucks or so. if you dont want the cats to be functional then you can gut them . a turbo setup would be ****** pimp if you can do it. way expensive though
Old 12-18-2003, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

not worth the money if you want hp, plenty of other stuff you could buy. 500 bucks could get you a used nitrous kit. hehe im a giggle gas junky though so ihad to throw that one out there. otherwise, id throw that 500 aside and save up for that turbo kit, that gives you a 500 dollar head start.

good luck glad to hear you got yourself another Camaro. try not to kill this one though
Old 12-18-2003, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slik98z
not worth the money if you want hp, plenty of other stuff you could buy. 500 bucks could get you a used nitrous kit. hehe im a giggle gas junky though so ihad to throw that one out there. otherwise, id throw that 500 aside and save up for that turbo kit, that gives you a 500 dollar head start.

good luck glad to hear you got yourself another Camaro. try not to kill this one though
Yea I told my wife that she wasent allowed to kill this one. Na, she go sideswiped by a drunk driver. Luckily she wasent hurt at all, but my baby was

Yea i was thinking of running some n20 but with 92k miles on it I didnt want to risk it, at least untill the rebuild Well, I might go LT's and ORY if someone could tell me were I could get it past the smog ***** (Hint, Hint)