LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech (https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech-4/)
-   -   Trans Am bird rear decal (https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/1240919-trans-am-bird-rear-decal.html)

Shackleford 02-14-2010 08:12 PM

Trans Am bird rear decal

I bought a Trans Am text rear decal a couple years ago, but I don't remember where. The bird is fading at the top and stuff.

BriancWS6 02-14-2010 08:22 PM

I've gotten some stuff from Brent Franker in the past. Google his name and you should find his site. He's a very nice guy and has good products. I have the bird overlay on the front, and it's been on there since July of 05 and still looks great.

Shackleford 02-14-2010 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by BriancWS6 (Post 12894579)
I've gotten some stuff from Brent Franker in the past. Google his name and you should find his site. He's a very nice guy and has good products. I have the bird overlay on the front, and it's been on there since July of 05 and still looks great.

Thanks, man. I just sent him an email.

30thblackcam 02-15-2010 12:41 AM

yep, Brent Franker FTW. I got a rear decal like the OP was talking about for my TA a couple of years ago and it looked exactly like stock and still looks great.

SnIpEz 02-15-2010 01:07 AM

Brent Franker is awesome. Here's a pic of the decal I got from him a month or so ago! It's awesome!

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...6/cover002.jpg

Shackleford 02-20-2010 02:06 PM

Well, I bought the decal and it was a sheet with the bird on it.

BriancWS6 02-20-2010 06:07 PM

Ok. And the problem is?

Shackleford 02-20-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by BriancWS6 (Post 12923030)
Ok. And the problem is?

The excess clear sheet. The Trans Am lettering I bought a while back was not a sheet with the text on it. It was seven individual letters. I was expecting something similar. I asked a friend of mine to put on the decal. He's a signs and graphics guy, so he scanned in the bird and printed it out in separate pieces.

BriancWS6 02-20-2010 06:30 PM

If you don't like how it is, just cut them out individually. If it's like all the things I've seen in the past, it's best to all be on the same sheet as it makes applying it easier and keeps the proper spacing vs trying to eyeball it.

Shackleford 02-20-2010 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by BriancWS6 (Post 12923125)
If you don't like how it is, just cut them out individually. If it's like all the things I've seen in the past, it's best to all be on the same sheet as it makes applying it easier and keeps the proper spacing vs trying to eyeball it.

He printed out the new decal and put it on there. It looks great like that. I don't think I would have liked the big, stupid clear sheet. Cutting out the bird from that would have been a pain.

BriancWS6 02-20-2010 06:34 PM

Maybe your not familiar with how to apply this type. What you do is to remove the backing and then spray some water with a drop or two of soap onto the decal (adhesive side), now position it where you want it to be and squeegee out the excess water. Allow it to dry for a while, then remove the front sheet to reveal the finished product.

Brent has instructions on his site, and probably even sent some with the decal.

Shackleford 02-20-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by BriancWS6 (Post 12923139)
Maybe your not familiar with how to apply this type. What you do is to remove the backing and then spray some water with a drop or two of soap onto the decal (adhesive side), now position it where you want it to be and squeegee out the excess water. Allow it to dry for a while, then remove the front sheet to reveal the finished product.

Brent has instructions on his site, and probably even sent some with the decal.

Oh. Well, I think that's exactly what my friend did with the decal he printed out. I think he was expecting separate identifiable pieces on the one I brought.