Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first LS1 build!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up My first LS1 build!!

Well, i've had this LS1 for a year now and im finally getting ready to build it. It was a complete LONG bock with 40k miles with all the acc. I stripped it down to a short block. I bought some 243's. My goal is to build 450HP to the rear wheels. The engine is a 2001-2002 LS1 from a SS camaro. I want to drive this around town and cross country. I plan on taking a trip on Route 66 end to end. Opinions are very welcome on how to acheve my 450HP to the rear wheels. I want a nice cruiser and a cam that wont beat me down with idle or lope.

Stock LS1
243's
Vic jr and 750HP carb
custom 1-3/4' headers
700R
Old 07-12-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It can be done. It is just how much money you are willing to spend, along with drivability.

If and when you get that HP mark, you will have traction issues big time. Hell, most peeps have traction issues with the stock HP.

Good Luck!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice quiet catback that flows well and a tranny cooler if you are running an A4.

Sounds like a greta plan, I love the mid level power builds that are great cars to just go out and drive, hope its a blast! Post some pics and vids to keep us up to date.

For reliability as a DD and some insane power, I would reccomend a small shot of nitrous with the cam.