Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight went out

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headlight went out

first off all lets just give a clap for our famous motors going out in the headlights and the grinding noise that comes with it, now on to my problem

my driverside headlight actually doesnt work anymore at all( no light comes out) of course this could just be a bad bulb but i was wondering do people normally experience this problem like bad wireing or something? also it seems pretty complicated just to install a new bulb.... any tips
Old 08-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

It's easy to take the headlights off just un screw the screw from the top bracket and wiggle the light off
Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The weatherpack connector to my driver's side headlight went FUBAR at about 40k miles...pulled it apart and it was nothing but gunk and corrosion.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wm2002Z28
It's easy to take the headlights off just un screw the screw from the top bracket and wiggle the light off
and u have to disasemble the whole unit just to access the bulb?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah just unscrew the nut and take the whole light off
Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Which year do you have? Doesn't matter if you are 97 and before there are two screws on each side of the black plastic covering that you take out and then you just pull it out and 4 screws to remove the light. Now if you are 98 up there are 3 screws and you just pull it out. The 98 plus ones are kinda wrapped around the lights but it comes pretty easy. Then just the 4 torx screws for those ones. T13 I think. It is easy. Now on the corrosion thing yes the harness down below can get pretty bad. If the ground isn't attached it won't light the lights I have had that happen. Hope that helps.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
Which year do you have? Doesn't matter if you are 97 and before there are two screws on each side of the black plastic covering that you take out and then you just pull it out and 4 screws to remove the light. Now if you are 98 up there are 3 screws and you just pull it out. The 98 plus ones are kinda wrapped around the lights but it comes pretty easy. Then just the 4 torx screws for those ones. T13 I think. It is easy. Now on the corrosion thing yes the harness down below can get pretty bad. If the ground isn't attached it won't light the lights I have had that happen. Hope that helps.
thanks brodie