Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR vaccum hoses

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR vaccum hoses

Hey guys have a 00' ss and am swapping to ls6, LT's, frost tune, and TSP Y this weekend so while i had some free time today from work i began removal of the AIR and EGR systems to get a headstart this weekend....I am wondering I see two vaccum hoses in the air one coming from the junction for the 3 main hoses that goes into what looks like a solenoid and then another one that comes back behind the manifold it looks like, removing the air system can i just inplug that "solenoid" and remove the two vaccum hoses, If it does go into the back of the manifold I took a peek at my LS6 and didn't really see anywhere on the back it would go so i assume I dont need to plug anything up? Any help is appreciated thanks in advance guys
Old 09-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just trying to figure out if i should cap the valve on the solenoid from the junction and call it a day or remove the whole solenoid and both vaccum lines and plug wherever the other vaccum line goes to which I believe is the back of the manifold correct? Does that solenoid serve a purpose for anything else which would give me a reason to leave it and the line going behind the manifold?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

when i removed my air......i plugged it at the selnoid......i could have removed it and plugged at the rear of the mani.......but naaaaah

Quick Reply: AIR vaccum hoses