Sponsored by:

Spend my bonus

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 06:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up Spend my bonus

Here's my story.....

I bought my 2002 Z28 back in November. The car was purchased with a salvaged title. The car was the victim of a "fresh water flood". After I bought the car it was completely gutted and all interior carpets, seats etc.. were replaced. All fluids were also replaced. The car has 18k miles on it and runs great. As I have had to deal with getting the salavged title turned into a title that I could use to register the car I have had to let the car sit covered in my driveway since November (The nasty weather here has helped with this as well).

Thanks to this forum I have purchased the following items which are currently neatly stacked in my home. TSP lid, Holley Power Shot air filter, K&N breather, SLP bellows, SLP Strut brace, Hurst Skip Shift Eliminator, SLP grille, 6 qt's Royal Purple 5w-30, K&N Oil filter. I also had an SLP loudmouth and ZR1 wheels put on when I had the car repaired from the water damage.

I just recieved the new title back from the state yesterday and will recieve my bonus on Friday. After all the bills are paid and I set some money aside for work I need to have done on my house I should be left with about 3-4 thousand dollars which I plan to use on my car. If it were your money what would you spend it on?

Oh, and while I intend to install most of the items I purchased myself I will not do any major work (like heads, exhaust) myself as I do not have place to work on my car, have minimal tools and have messed up my share of cars in the past so any suggestions on a good shop near the Philadelphia/Trenton area would aslo be appriciated.

Thanks
-Mike
Old 01-28-2004, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nitto's,gear,asp pulley,(stb,lca,phr,suspension),headers(LT)/ory,cam kit,ls1edit tune,(12/9/8.8 rear)

probably in that order somewhat.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5.0 shifter or B&M ripper shifter, Moser 12 bolt rearend (if you plan on launching hard get it now while you have the funds), 4.10 gears and Nitto Drag radials. That should be a nice compliment to what you all ready have. If you have $200 left over after that I would get an ARA (formaly SSRA) ram air kit.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot to mention that I purchased the CAI kit from SLP. I know some here are down on SLP but I had a 200 GC from them that I got for Xmas.
-Mike
Old 01-28-2004, 10:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where are you from? Im right here in trenton i can help guide you in the right direction if youd like hit me up on aim-foff667

lata
Bill