Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good deal yes?

Old 09-17-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default good deal yes?

found a full wet N2O kit on criagslist in my area for $350 this is what he has

"I am selling a complete LS1 Wet Nitrous Kit. I have NOS plate, 150hp jets, nitrous solenoid, fuel solenoid, purge solenoid, custom cyl head solenoid bracket, lines, bottle, bottle brackets, bottle heater, bottle blanket, dyno tune lean shut down with digital A/F display, relays, switches, and extras. $350.00 obo. I also have a new in box Racetronix 255 fuel pump and hotwire kit for a 98-02 f-body to support this system. $200.00 "

seems like a pretty good deal from looking at kits an dwith what all that comes with, i wasnt plannin on running n20 really but dosnt seem like a bad deal imo, what else would be needed minus a good tune if i got this?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

I would not buy a N2O kit used but thats just me. Too much stuff that could possible gont wrong and cause damage to your car. You don't know how old the solenoids are or the condition of the bottle (Have you even seen pictures of the N20 bottles exploding and completely destroying the car? Its not pretty) And with a used bottle you dont know how old it is or if it was heated with a torch improperly which could cause potential failure.

There are some used parts that its alright to buy used and save some money but I would not recommend doing it with a N20 kit but thats just me, too much potential damage that could happen, and I would rather spend a little more and be safe
Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Launching!

i would go for it , just purge the whole system before you install to the nozzle(clean it out) sounds like a good deal .. make sure the bottle is not outdated
Old 09-17-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

ya wasnt planning on goin N20 persay so, if it was like a OMG get it lol i was going ot rig it up and ya 2 main reason i didnt want to run n20 is one i DD and never really take it to the strip so it would just be used ****** around on the road : \ and 2 i dont like the safty of it, to much to go wrong that a can destroy the whole engine, as for exploding bottles, never heard of that but not sayin ur wrong, just makes me more paranoid about n2o now lol
Old 09-17-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got a NOS direct kit nozzel (the injector foggers)for $400.00 its a full kit minus your activation switch adjustable to 300hp it sprays directly in the hole where your fuel injectors go.no drilling.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds Luke you already made up your mind buddy, nitrous can be very safe to use, but IMO you get what you pay for, that's something I would go cheap on again just my opinion. I'd also follow up with a solid dyno tune aswell.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ToxicWS6
ya wasnt planning on goin N20 persay so, if it was like a OMG get it lol i was going ot rig it up and ya 2 main reason i didnt want to run n20 is one i DD and never really take it to the strip so it would just be used ****** around on the road : \ and 2 i dont like the safty of it, to much to go wrong that a can destroy the whole engine, as for exploding bottles, never heard of that but not sayin ur wrong, just makes me more paranoid about n2o now lol
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...topic=117747.0

This is damage that occurred when a N20 bottle exploded in someones car. Dont get me wrong, N20 is safe when its used right. But if you buy a used kit please get the bottle re certified to make sure its still in specs so that you know for a fact the previous owner didnt use a torch on it or do anything else that could have damaged the integrity of the bottle. Just remember a N20 system is more like a engine then a pair of headers, it gets use and can fail, which is why I would prefer to spend the little extra money and get a new system if I was serious about a N20 system.

Last edited by Starz T/A 17; 09-17-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

id buy a used kit any day. a brand new kit could explode just the same. let the pressure build up and its gonna have bad results.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a good deal, id wanna go check it out in person and since its in your area you can and then get it!

Search this Thread