Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP or Pacesetter ORY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP or Pacesetter ORY?

Im finally giving in! Im going to order Pacesetters longtube headers from texas speed. Im going to order their combo with ORY, but i dont know which y pipe to get. Ive done searches for a while and i cant find a simple straight answer on which ORY fits better. Some say that Pacesetters flattened part restricts flow while some say TSP has ground clearance issues. Im lowered btw and i want to get the y pipe that will give me the most ground clearance. Pacesetter ORY vs TSP? any opinions? thanks.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00TAM6
Im finally giving in! Im going to order Pacesetters longtube headers from texas speed. Im going to order their combo with ORY, but i dont know which y pipe to get. Ive done searches for a while and i cant find a simple straight answer on which ORY fits better. Some say that Pacesetters flattened part restricts flow while some say TSP has ground clearance issues. Im lowered btw and i want to get the y pipe that will give me the most ground clearance. Pacesetter ORY vs TSP? any opinions? thanks.
Id match them up but thats just me, before you buy the pacesetters id look at the TSP 1 7/8" headers and Y-Pipe on their site.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

I got the same combo last summer. I went with the tsp ory pipe. Fits great. ive heard its one of the best on the market.

I wouldnt worry about clearance issues with the y pipe. If you bottom out you will hit the headers anyway. Y pipe isnt really an issue for me.

Dont use the header gaskets that come with the headers! I ignored lots of ppl that told me the same thing. 4 runs down the track and both gaskets blew.

But either way... you wont be let down. Tsp has great stuff
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you're proficient at installing parts and are willing to spend the time to adjust the Y-pipe, I'd go with the Texas Speed ORY! It does take more time to install and adjust, being four pieces instead of three, but it will certainly outperform the Pacesetter ORY!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the TSP 1 7/8" headers instead. They actually make more power than pacesetters IMO, even in stock form besides the exhaust alone. The more mods you do, the more you will gain in comparison as well.

EDIT: Oh, and buy the TSP Y-pipe as well.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

well if your already going to order from texas speed..... might as well go with their ory!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im running pacesetter longtubes and ran their ORY and i never had any problems, fitment issues with it.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Launching!

I am not lowered, but I bought TSP's catted Y-pipe, and it fit better than the Pacesetter ORY!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

thanks! TSP it is!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Just make sure u buy oem gaskets!!! .lol..i used the ones that came with the headers,they started leaking second day!