Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UD Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UD Crank Pulley

I am looking into an underdrive crank pulley for my Camaro. I would like to address a few issues before I get into that though. I was told the LS1 is internally balanced, so the pulley is just a pulley, not a balancer, correct? Also, I was looking around to see if there are any good deals on some, anywhere in specific I should be looking? Thanks.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk about them being internaly balanced but theres slp pulley's on ebay for $200 bucks. pretty good deal.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes LSx's are internally balanced but the pulley can also dampen torsional vibrations of the crank which supports longer bearing life. The best ones like ATI are light and have polymer rings or contain some type of fluid to absorb vibrations.... Having said that the stocker has neither so draw your own conclusions... I have run a March fluid dampened pulley for 3 years and my only complaints are it is a bit heavy and it is steel so it is kinda nasty looking now....

Money no object ATI is tops IMO and is rebuildable too....

Oh....and Scoggin Dickey may still sell a Powerbond with a new GM bolt and belt for $200 which is a good deal. Summit brand used to be in the $260=$270 range IIRC. The stock bolt is TTY so make sure you get that along with a shorter belt regardless...
Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I paid like $225 for my ASP set with crank and alt. The crank started coming apart so ASP just gave me a new one and apologized. Was little over a years and I beat on my car and the new one has over 2yrs with no issues. Alt pulley is good if u run a aftermarket stereo or have a a4 otherwise the crank should be fine.